CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is your PJism raging out of control?

+5
Lynnieluve
quincie1479
traveljunkie08
NylaCoils
Tmochava
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is your PJism raging out of control? Empty Is your PJism raging out of control?

Post by Tmochava 18th December 2009, 1:43 am

Mine is, look at all of this stuff I bought......

DB
Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme
Cocoa Bean Hair and Body Oil

KBB
Hair Milk

Bee Mine
Bee Hold Curly Butter
Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer
Juicy Moisturizing Daily Spritz

Oyin
Honey Hemp Conditioner
Juices & Berries

Afroveda
Hemp Seed Lock, Twist, and Roll Butter

Did I need to buy all of this stuff? Nope! but I just had to have it and I have the nerve to be on my way to the store to by HEHH.

The sad part is that my hair has twist extensions in them and I can't even try any of this stuff out yet. Rolling Eyes Hopefully I'm not alone with the crazy PJism, lol, am I? What have you bought?

Last edited by Tmochava on 19th December 2009, 2:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Is your PJism raging out of control? Empty Re: Is your PJism raging out of control?

Post by NylaCoils 18th December 2009, 1:53 am

I have been buying all kinds of stuff
sweet almond oil
olive oil
grapeseed oil
coconut oil
avocado
coconut milk
plain yogurt

Indian Grocery Store
henna
shikaikai
amla

Not to mention, I have also been looking for conditioners!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Is your PJism raging out of control? Empty Re: Is your PJism raging out of control?

Post by traveljunkie08 18th December 2009, 1:57 am

Trust, you are not alone. I bought some stuff yesterday and today that I had no need for either. Here's what I got:

-- Koils by Nature Gift Set (includes shampoo, condioner, gel and hair butter)
-- EO Sweet Orange and Honey Conditioner
-- microfiber turban (now I have 4)
-- Roux Fermodyl 619
-- ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak
-- honey
-- EVOO
-- Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner
-- boar bristle brush
-- decorative hair combs

Hmm...it didn't seem so bad, but now that I've listed it all out...
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 18th December 2009, 1:30 pm

When you list things out you do realize how much stuff you bought, lol. I did buy some Organic Root Stimulator products too.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 19th December 2009, 4:37 am

I just bought a micro-fiber turbie......and I love it, I thought my cotton T's where good enough, now I know better. I also got Mixed Chicks Leave-in and my local BSS has the entire Deva Curl line, so im thinking Happy Holidays to me!!!
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 19th December 2009, 2:43 pm

quincie1479 wrote:I just bought a micro-fiber turbie......and I love it, I thought my cotton T's where good enough, now I know better. I also got Mixed Chicks Leave-in and my local BSS has the entire Deva Curl line, so im thinking Happy Holidays to me!!!

Have you tried the Mixed Chicks Leave In yet?
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 24th December 2009, 2:07 pm

My PJism is definitely raging out of control. Here is what I've purchased this month after I said I wouldnt purchase anything else until the new year:

2 KBB sample kits
KBB body butter
2 bottles of Organix Mandarin Olive Olive Conditioner
2 bottles of Giovanni Direct Leave In
2 sample size bottles of Giovanni Smooth as Silk and Tea Tree conditoner
Regular bottle of Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner
5 bottles of VO5 Moisture Milks/Herbal Escapes Conditioner
Order BeeMine hair butter - got the email a few minutes ago - it's on the way WooHoo!!

I have to do better. I think I am gonna start a "No Buy Challenge"
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by vonda4b 24th December 2009, 2:29 pm

I bought the Mixed Chicks leave in and I really don't like it. I leaves the my hair and my daughter's hair sticky and it's suposed to give really good curl definition but I guess since I have that 4b/c hair type and she has more of a 3C/4A it does nothing for us. I tried it twice and no good for us. The shampoo too...Sad I do like the HairRules line though. I need to go ahead and purchase the clarifying shampoo and the conditioner is the BOMB..
vonda4b
vonda4b

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 24th December 2009, 8:49 pm

Lynnieluve wrote: I think I am gonna start a "No Buy Challenge"

Do it!!!!!!!! I NEED to be on a no buy challenge. Just let me know in advance when you're going to start it...um, in case I need to buy anything before I can't buy anything... Neutral
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 24th December 2009, 9:46 pm

The no buy challenge sounds like a great idea! I went to the Dollar Tree the other day and just wanted to buy up the V05 conditioners. Now I'm on the search for accessories for my hair.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 24th December 2009, 9:48 pm

vonda4b wrote:I bought the Mixed Chicks leave in and I really don't like it. I leaves the my hair and my daughter's hair sticky and it's suposed to give really good curl definition but I guess since I have that 4b/c hair type and she has more of a 3C/4A it does nothing for us. I tried it twice and no good for us. The shampoo too...Sad I do like the HairRules line though. I need to go ahead and purchase the clarifying shampoo and the conditioner is the BOMB..

HairRules? I haven't heard of that line before, you are giving me more things to try, lol.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 27th December 2009, 11:39 pm

I haven't bought anything in the last week or so, but I'm itching to get out. I did my hair this afternoon and went to 'replenish' the shower supply and realized that I didn't have any Suave Condish. I swore I had bought some, but it wasn't in my cabinet. Man! it was on sale! Ummm now what am I going to do? Do I really need that condish seeing that I have 6 (yes 6) VO5 conditioners in my cabinet now...and that's not including the conditioners that I use for my conditioner only methods.

I do have a list started for Whole Foods...
1. Avocado oil
2. Sweet Almond Oil
3. Castor Oil
4. Coconut Oil
I think I'm forgetting something...ummm yeah I don't need rehab. Nope, not me!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by iri9109 3rd January 2010, 2:04 am

in the last two weeks i bought:

a whole bunch of VO5 conditioner for cowashes [i found it for 49 cents!]

herbal essences totally twisted conditioner [itching to try it for cowashing]

giovanni direct leave in
giovanni 50:50 shampoo

2 bottles of Creme of Nature shampoo [but i returned them b/c they had sulfates]

garnier fructis sleek and shine conditioner

ORS replenishing conditioner

coconut oil [love it]

CHI keratin mist [love this too]

Nexxus Humectress Luxe Leave in [really love it]

ouchless headbands and ponytail holders, a mirror, 3 combs, a brush, plastic caps, wrap strips, a satin scarf and a satin bonnet, and thats all...i think. oh and proclaim nat 7 oil

and i just made a list of more things i want to get...

i'm clearly suffering from chronic PJism lol...i need help.

Last edited by iri9109 on 3rd January 2010, 4:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
iri9109
iri9109

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 3rd January 2010, 2:36 am

So I went and bought some HE Hello Hydration and HE Totally Twisted. Now I'm on the move to get Aussie Moist. I figured I would use the conditioners interchangeably to see which one will be my staple once I've run out of them. I haven't bought anymore styling products but I am on the hunt for a great shampoo. I currently use Organix Cocounut Milk but I want to try the Chagrin Valley Shampoo bars.

Last edited by Tmochava on 3rd January 2010, 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 3rd January 2010, 3:12 am

SisterBoyd wrote:I haven't bought anything in the last week or so, but I'm itching to get out. I did my hair this afternoon and went to 'replenish' the shower supply and realized that I didn't have any Suave Condish. I swore I had bought some, but it wasn't in my cabinet. Man! it was on sale! Ummm now what am I going to do? Do I really need that condish seeing that I have 6 (yes 6) VO5 conditioners in my cabinet now...and that's not including the conditioners that I use for my conditioner only methods.

1. Avocado oil
2. Sweet Almond Oil
3. Castor Oil
4. Coconut Oil

I didn't stick to my list above...I got this stuff and...

1. Bentonite clay
2. Castor oil even though I have JBCO
3. Peppermint oil...I think I was about to run out
4. Rosemary oil...I think I was about to run out
5. 2 bottles of Kabusha
6. Brownie bites
7. Multivitamins
8. Coconut milk
9. 3 different kinds of marinades

Needless to say when the man rung up my total I looked him like he was crazy and he put all of that stuff in my basket.

To make up for him making me spend all of that money I did the bentonite clay today.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by quincie1479 3rd January 2010, 3:25 am

Tmochava wrote:
quincie1479 wrote:I just bought a micro-fiber turbie......and I love it, I thought my cotton T's where good enough, now I know better. I also got Mixed Chicks Leave-in and my local BSS has the entire Deva Curl line, so im thinking Happy Holidays to me!!!

I tried the Mixed Chicks, and I am so not impressed. I used very little as recommended and my hair was completely drinched and it was a H.A.M. It didnt provide any moisture to my hair.
quincie1479
quincie1479

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 3rd January 2010, 6:34 pm

Are you ready to take control of your PJism? Check out this thread.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 4th January 2010, 6:55 pm

No! I don't need to control my PJism...I'm perfectly fine thank you very much.

*easing out of the door to head to Rite-Aid*

hee hee hee
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 5th January 2010, 12:46 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:No! I don't need to control my PJism...I'm perfectly fine thank you very much.

hee hee hee

That is too funny......For some reason I feel I don't need to control it either, lol. Maybe I just don't want to because I like buying stuff and trying it out. Such a shame, you know the first step is denial.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 5th January 2010, 12:48 pm

Oh yeah, I picked up Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle and Roots of Nature Reconstructing Deep Treatment. Did I need two deep conditioners, nope, but just had to have them.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmochava 5th January 2010, 12:50 pm

quincie1479 wrote:
Tmochava wrote:

I tried the Mixed Chicks, and I am so not impressed. I used very little as recommended and my hair was completely drinched and it was a H.A.M. It didnt provide any moisture to my hair.

H.A.M? lol, guess I won't be trying that. Thanks for the info.
Tmochava
Tmochava

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th January 2010, 5:29 pm

Actually I DO another deep conditioner...
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 5th January 2010, 6:54 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:No! I don't need to control my PJism...I'm perfectly fine thank you very much.

hee hee hee

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 5th January 2010, 11:38 pm

I went searching for Giovanni on sale and only found it at Whole Food for $6 instead of $9 and the direct leave-in wasn't on sale. I got the 50/50. Oh and I got some Suave for $1 since my other bottle mysteriously disappeared.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyq145 8th February 2010, 12:19 pm

SisterBoyd wrote:
SisterBoyd wrote:I haven't bought anything in the last week or so, but I'm itching to get out. I did my hair this afternoon and went to 'replenish' the shower supply and realized that I didn't have any Suave Condish. I swore I had bought some, but it wasn't in my cabinet. Man! it was on sale! Ummm now what am I going to do? Do I really need that condish seeing that I have 6 (yes 6) VO5 conditioners in my cabinet now...and that's not including the conditioners that I use for my conditioner only methods.

1. Avocado oil
2. Sweet Almond Oil
3. Castor Oil
4. Coconut Oil

I didn't stick to my list above...I got this stuff and...

1. Bentonite clay
2. Castor oil even though I have JBCO
3. Peppermint oil...I think I was about to run out
4. Rosemary oil...I think I was about to run out
5. 2 bottles of Kabusha
6. Brownie bites
7. Multivitamins
8. Coconut milk
9. 3 different kinds of marinades

Needless to say when the man rung up my total I looked him like he was crazy and he put all of that stuff in my basket.

To make up for him making me spend all of that money I did the bentonite clay today.

How do you apply the clay and what benefits does it do to your hair?
curlyq145
curlyq145

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next