CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Those of Us With Dry Hair

3 posters

Go down

For Those of Us With Dry Hair Empty For Those of Us With Dry Hair

Post by Muz 15th December 2009, 8:34 pm

My hair has always been dry (at least as far as I can remember) especially my new growth. No matter what I put on it, my hair would SUCK IT UP before the day was out. I think part of that was the sulfates in the shampoo I was using (I've been co-washing exclusively since October, I used shampoo since then like once, and the shampoo I used was sulfate-free). On top of co-washing I've discovered that using Castor Oil while Deep Conditioning (with your regular conditioner) is a great way to make your DC more effective. And I discovered this video from BlackOnyx77 on YouTube about sealing in moisture. I'd heard about sealing in the moisture, but I'd never seen it effectively described before. So when I saw this video, I was ecstatic. Not only does she tell you WHAT do to, but she tells you WHY you do it.

Here is the video

Here's what I use and the order in which I use it:

• Water-based leave in: Aussie Hair Insurance (this stuff smells GREAT, I love it)
  • Coconut Oil (and maybe a little jojoba oil, but rarely)
  • Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion
  • Raw Shea Butter

After that I style my hair and whether I sit under a medium hair dryer or let it air dry, my hair comes out nice and moisturized and stays that way until I wash it again a week later. You can feel free to use the products that work best for your hair.

So if you have dry hair, definitely check out that video. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

For Those of Us With Dry Hair Empty Re: For Those of Us With Dry Hair

Post by starrnatural 22nd December 2009, 3:33 pm

Hey Muz, thank you so much for this. I am gonna try it this weekend. My hair too is severly dry and that is one of the reasons I dreaded going natural because I can not find anything that will keep my hair moisturized. One question, and this may be stupid, but is this done on clean hair-meaning nothing on it like a leave in conditioner?

starrnatural

Back to top Go down

Post by starrnatural 22nd December 2009, 3:40 pm

Wait I think I answered my own question. The "sealing" of the hair is using a leave in conditioner.......I think I've got it.

Don't mind me....I just trying to learn. LOL [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

starrnatural

Back to top Go down

Post by DivinelyDesigned 22nd December 2009, 4:19 pm

Muz, that was a great video...super informative! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
DivinelyDesigned
DivinelyDesigned

Back to top Go down

Post by Muz 22nd December 2009, 8:08 pm

starrnatural wrote:Hey Muz, thank you so much for this. I am gonna try it this weekend. My hair too is severly dry and that is one of the reasons I dreaded going natural because I can not find anything that will keep my hair moisturized. One question, and this may be stupid, but is this done on clean hair-meaning nothing on it like a leave in conditioner?

Yeah do it on clean moist hair. She tells you exactly how to do it in the video. I hope it works as well for you as it does for me!
Muz
Muz

http://muzikalhairjournal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by starrnatural 23rd December 2009, 1:34 am

Thanks, I will keep you posted on how it works for me.

starrnatural

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down