CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dry Brillo Hair. . .HELP!

3 posters

Go down

Dry Brillo Hair. . .HELP! Empty Dry Brillo Hair. . .HELP!

Post by MsKendrala 13th December 2009, 6:43 pm

My hair has always been dry and stiff from what I remember. (You know the stereo type of the light skin girl with the long flowing hair? Yea I was NEVER that girl. The only thing i brought to the table was the light skin.) So when I decided to grow my relaxer out (which I started getting at age 8 ) i was afraid of a few things 1) my hair texture because i had not seen it in 16 yrs. 2) if it would be as dry and hard to manage as I remembered. I have heard that the texture of your hair changes at puberty so i was hoping that that proved true in the case of my thick course hair.

I am 2.5 months into my transition (i have about 2 inches of new growth) and my hair is everything I remember plus some. i wash my hair every 2 weeks and i co-wash the weeks in between because my dandruff is so bad. I have started to use an ACV rinse when i wash/co-wash to help with my dry scalp. i wash with Carols daughter Black Vanilla Herbal shampoo and Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie as a deep conditioner when i wash. for co-washes i use Suave Naturals refreshing waterfall mist and organic root stimulator olive oil replenishing conditioner as a deep conditioner. While my hair is wet i use Perfect Results hair oil (I think Perfect Results is Detroit based so its not well known) and Carols Daughter Hair balm for moisture then I put Cantu Shea butter leave in on top of the oils. I pull it back in a pony tail and let it dry over night. I use a Shea butter/coconut oil mixture on my scalp and Carols Daughter Healthy hair butter to set my ends.

Now with all of that my new growth still manages to be dry and brillo! I have the slightest clue what to do

Oh! AND I forgot to mention that I do a honey/olive oil/sweet almond oil pre poo!
MsKendrala
MsKendrala

http://twitter.com/MsKendrala

Back to top Go down

Dry Brillo Hair. . .HELP! Empty Re: Dry Brillo Hair. . .HELP!

Post by tiashaunteé 13th December 2009, 7:22 pm

WOW you have a lot going on. When I comes to my hair I found out that less is more. So I have a three product rule I like to follow. Through my entire routine I try to use no more than three different products at a time.

Also, have you tried aloe vera? It seems to works wonders for a lot of naturals. The organic kind can be purchased at Whole Foods and at Walgreens. I love that stuff.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NylaCoils 13th December 2009, 7:30 pm

You may want to add oil to the ends. I braid or twist my hair and on the ends add an oil or butter.

Last night, I twisted my hair, using my own mix
Aloe vera gel
Deva care conditioner
Castor oil
And when I was finished I put shea butter on the ends
Hair so soft- Feels like my nephew

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down