CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CG Method and Product Recommendations

2 posters

Go down

CG Method and Product Recommendations Empty CG Method and Product Recommendations

Post by Curly Ti 13th December 2009, 5:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I have always had natural, curly hair, but I have yet to discover a fullproof haircare routine. In reading the different threads on this website and on naturallycurly.com, I noticed that the following seems to be a common component of many members’ replies:

co-wash: Giovanni
TTTT, etc.
rinse-out:
leave-in:
deep treatment:
sealant:
styling:

shampoo:

Are there certain guidelines for following this routine and how do you know which products to use for a particular step? For example, how often should you shampoo vs. co-wash? Some people use two conditioners for the co-wash. How do you know which two conditioners to use? I read that the second conditioner should be
heavier than the first, but is there a certain protein content or some specific ingredient that I should look for in addition to avoiding
silicones? Everyone’s hair is different and what works for one person may not work for another. However, is there a particular brand or a certain product that is better for deep conditioning 3c hair? What type of product should be used as a sealant, rinse-out, etc.? I have very soft, very fine, extremely dry, 3b/3c (mostly c) hair. What products or methods are recommended for achieving and retaining maximum hydration. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Thanks!!
Curly Ti
Curly Ti

Back to top Go down

CG Method and Product Recommendations Empty Re: CG Method and Product Recommendations

Post by NylaCoils 13th December 2009, 5:50 pm

you may wish to visit www.tightlycurly.com

She has outlined products to use!

The best advice that I can give you is try! Try all things! What works for one does not work for all. For example, alot of people swear by coconut oil. I personally cant use it! Some people cant use shea. I am protein sensitive so I found that out the hard way! Don't go broke trying everything but try!
NylaCoils
NylaCoils

http://coilyencounters.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down