CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can being vegetarian make you sick?

+2
Lynnieluve
QuirkyCurly
6 posters

Go down

Can being vegetarian make you sick?  Empty Can being vegetarian make you sick?

Post by QuirkyCurly 20th March 2011, 10:37 pm

Hey guys!

I don't know if anybody on here is a vegetarian or vegan, but I was wondering if having this lifestyle can make you sick? Like sick as in the common cold. I'm sick for the second time this year and my father blamed it on my new lifestyle change. Is this true?

Thanks Smile
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Can being vegetarian make you sick?  Empty Re: Can being vegetarian make you sick?

Post by Lynnieluve 20th March 2011, 11:05 pm

I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I say no. Just up your vitamin C.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Can being vegetarian make you sick?  Empty Re: Can being vegetarian make you sick?

Post by QuirkyCurly 20th March 2011, 11:08 pm

Lynnieluve wrote:I'm not vegetarian or vegan but I say no. Just up your vitamin C.

Thanks Smile
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 21st March 2011, 11:10 am

I wouldn't say it's the meat either (or lack thereof).... in fact, I find that if I go stretches without meat and then try to eat some, that's when I get sick... I agree with Lynnie--vitamin C should help! Plus, there's bugs going around everywhere, and a lot of my friends have been sick lately...
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 21st March 2011, 11:37 am

I haven't eaten meat since I was about 15 years old, and I do get sick often, BUT, I've always been this way. I try to boost up my immune system by taking suppliments and vitamins and also try to keep my meals as healthy and balanced as possible.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 21st March 2011, 6:27 pm

Thanks everyone! I knew I wasn't crazy Smile
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Life.of.Riley 23rd March 2011, 7:58 pm

I am a vegetarian and there is nothing about being vegetarian that will make you sick. Actually, quite the contrary!

You may be experiencing the side effects of a detox. During a detox (similar to effects of fast) some report headaches, flu like symptoms, and sore muscles. The symptoms will pass soon. Make sure you build your system with A, C, and E to counter the effects. Good Luck!
Life.of.Riley
Life.of.Riley

Back to top Go down

Post by Curly Film Chick 25th March 2011, 12:08 pm

Life.of.Riley wrote:I am a vegetarian and there is nothing about being vegetarian that will make you sick. Actually, quite the contrary!

You may be experiencing the side effects of a detox. During a detox (similar to effects of fast) some report headaches, flu like symptoms, and sore muscles. The symptoms will pass soon. Make sure you build your system with A, C, and E to counter the effects. Good Luck!

I agree I stopped eating meat about five months ago and it can take time for your system to adjust. I got really sick at some point and then nothing. I've been taking daily vitamins like Vitamin C and Cod Liver Oil Tablets and I've been doing pretty well. I'm surprised I havent gotten too sick yet (other then feelin sluggish) with these weather patterns in NYC smh!
Curly Film Chick
Curly Film Chick

http://www.quirkycurlyfilmchick.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down