CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That girl has got a donut bun on her lol

3 posters

Go down

That girl has got a donut bun on her lol Empty That girl has got a donut bun on her lol

Post by tain 13th March 2011, 5:26 pm

A donut bun is one of my fav. hair styles to do when i was transitioning but now that my hair is shorter i can not get a nice one anymore. However i am experimenting with different protective styles but i wanted to know can a donut bun cause breakage to the hair and if so what are some other buns that will not .. Help me out ladies

tain

Back to top Go down

That girl has got a donut bun on her lol Empty Re: That girl has got a donut bun on her lol

Post by DreamMerchant 14th March 2011, 3:05 am

I love the simplicity of the donut bun but everytiem I do it, My ends get dry and split. I even get more of those fairy knots. I have tried oiling the donut and my hair. Nothing has helped. I even tried wrapping my donut in plastic wrap but no luck. I hope someone gives us some info!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

That girl has got a donut bun on her lol Empty Re: That girl has got a donut bun on her lol

Post by tain 16th March 2011, 9:13 pm

i hope some one tells us something too

tain

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 16th March 2011, 9:39 pm

You could try a sock bun and wrap the sock in a strip of satin or silk? Maybe try a water based moisturiser before putting the oil on your ends? Just brainstorming. I stopped using the foam bun form because my hair wanted to grip it, keep it and never let it go. lol. Wish I'd thought about the satin then.

Now I just put my hair in a pony tail. Separate it into about 5 or 6 sections. I give each section a small finger of conditioner and the ends a bit of oil if needed. Then twist and roll each section like you are making a twisted pin curl, just tuck the end under and pin. Do this in a circle around the hairband and make a bun that looks like a flower. I usually do this on hair that was braided or twisted over night, it works on any day old hair. I have never done it on freshly washed wet hair though.

I think its similiar to the Cinna Bun from motorcitymoxie (sp) but I do it after I put the hairband rather than before and I only do the five or six twists. I couldn't quite get my headband to look right. It kept slipping.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down