CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Senegalese Twists

4 posters

Go down

Senegalese Twists Empty Senegalese Twists

Post by BigLipTiff 13th March 2011, 2:19 am

Hi ladies!

I'm 13 months post relaxer and I'm really frustrated with my hair. I'm usually in a bun everyday and that's getting old to me. I do flexirod sets every few weeks, but I don't even like the way that looks on me anymore. I do twist outs from time to time but I've never really love d them.

Soooo I'm now thinking about getting Senegalese Twists for a month or so since I can't come up with anything else. Here's my problem...the 1st 3 inches of my hair are my natural hair color(really dark brown) the rest of my hair and my relaxed ends are a dark auburn color(henna'd a few times).
I'd like my twists to be an even color. Do you think its a good idea to just rinse my hair black and get black hair...or try blending? I just don't want it to be a mess of 5 diff colors! Lol
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Senegalese Twists Empty Re: Senegalese Twists

Post by cagebird 13th March 2011, 11:26 am

I am gonna google Senegalese twist right now. I think the choice is up to you, as long as you are able to blend and still achieve one color. If you aren't 100% you can achieve it, then go ahead and rinse. IMO
cagebird
cagebird

http://www.darkerthanbrown.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaliseH 13th March 2011, 12:41 pm

When I got my kinky twists I rinsed my hair dark brown. My relaxed ends were a light brown. I'm so glad I'm getting rid these things on tuesday. Yay.
JaliseH
JaliseH

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 13th March 2011, 2:48 pm

Tiff, if you change your mind about getting the ST, have you tried curlformers (perfect curls everytime!) Also, some variation of braidouts have been my go to most of my 13 months of transitioning. Yesterday was my wash day and I flat twisted the front and scarf braided the back. I will take the braids out shortly and have a flat twist/braidout style. It low maintenance, easy, and looks nice. Just a couple ideas as these are "safe", attractive styles for me. Bueno suerte!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by BigLipTiff 13th March 2011, 7:31 pm

Jalise, are you glad to get them out bc u hate the or bc you miss your own hair?

nola, I haven't tried curlformers yet...I think I'll check those out too. Right now I have an open mind. I just know I'm tired of the current looks that are easy enough for me, but I'm not ready to BC.
BigLipTiff
BigLipTiff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down