CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

+27
NikG20
ebonediva
Nessa101
CrissyQ
crimsonpeach
Sebastain13
KurlyKK143
naturalqtpy
fanmnatirel
Ladybird
ldwatters
BeautifullyFree
sweetdrk1
PanaR3dd
shortnsweet
Mangos&Bananas
Duchess52
MsRosieVelt
creolebeauty1
Kea::curls
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
BajanPrincess82
CraZyKinks
QuirkyCurly
Emartini04
cagebird
slimwithabs
31 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

Post by Duchess52 3rd March 2011, 3:08 pm

newlynaturalqtpy.....girl ...you are rocking that TWA.....FIERCE!!!
Duchess52
Duchess52

Back to top Go down

Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis? - Page 2 Empty Re: Whats your Reaction when see another Natural Sis?

Post by KurlyKK143 3rd March 2011, 3:44 pm

This was a short and fast decision for me. I was inspired by how diverse natural hair can be. After like 6 months of trying transition and falling victim to a perm i cut my hair....i never paid attention to how many of US there were until i became one. Its like getting a new car lol. since i am a newbie, just 2 months in. i compliment and ask questions...which can be dangerous...this lady hemmed me up talking in the grocery store for 20 mins but she did produce a helpful hair list. I was 2 weeks in walking around in a damn satin. I try to pull other friends in too! One of my bff is transitioning for dreads! The other is considering going natural because perms just eat her hair up! I loves my permed hair it was pretty and healthy (due to the fact that my father took great professional care of it). My bnatural hair drives me crazy but i feel sexxxxxy. Something ive never felt. A womens hair is everything to her (usually) when i cut it and didnt cry i felt free! All you ladies have GORGEOUS hair!!!!
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 3rd March 2011, 4:04 pm

Duchess52 wrote:newlynaturalqtpy.....girl ...you are rocking that TWA.....FIERCE!!!

Well...You knooooooooow!!! lol! j/k Thanks girl! Very Happy

KurlyKK143 wrote:This was a short and fast decision for me. I was inspired by how diverse natural hair can be. After like 6 months of trying transition and falling victim to a perm i cut my hair....i never paid attention to how many of US there were until i became one. Its like getting a new car lol. since i am a newbie, just 2 months in. i compliment and ask questions...which can be dangerous...this lady hemmed me up talking in the grocery store for 20 mins but she did produce a helpful hair list. I was 2 weeks in walking around in a damn satin. I try to pull other friends in too! One of my bff is transitioning for dreads! The other is considering going natural because perms just eat her hair up! I loves my permed hair it was pretty and healthy (due to the fact that my father took great professional care of it). My bnatural hair drives me crazy but i feel sexxxxxy. Something ive never felt. A womens hair is everything to her (usually) when i cut it and didnt cry i felt free! All you ladies have GORGEOUS hair!!!!

Totally agree, all of you ladies definitely have gorgeous hair Very Happy
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by KurlyKK143 3rd March 2011, 4:45 pm

This was a short and fast decision for me. I was inspired by how diverse natural hair can be. After like 6 months of trying transition and falling victim to a perm i cut my hair....i never paid attention to how many of US there were until i became one. Its like getting a new car lol. since i am a newbie, just 2 months in. i compliment and ask questions...which can be dangerous...this lady hemmed me up talking in the grocery store for 20 mins but she did produce a helpful hair list. I was 2 weeks in walking around in a damn satin. I try to pull other friends in too! One of my bff is transitioning for dreads! The other is considering going natural because perms just eat her hair up! I loves my permed hair it was pretty and healthy (due to the fact that my father took great professional care of it). My bnatural hair drives me crazy but i feel sexxxxxy. Something ive never felt. A womens hair is everything to her (usually) when i cut it and didnt cry i felt free! All you ladies have GORGEOUS hair!!!!
KurlyKK143
KurlyKK143

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 3rd March 2011, 7:01 pm

when i see a natural i always look then i tell them that ur hair looks great especially if they r rocking it i have never been approached by anyone but i have given out a compliment or two
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by crimsonpeach 3rd March 2011, 7:47 pm

I live in Atlanta so I said hello to every natural I saw I wouldn't get anything done! Very Happy

The best compliment I have received so far was when I was out with my sister, her daughter, and friend of mine. We are all natural (me/twistout puff, friend/TWA, sis/dreads, niece/afro puffs). A woman wearing a twa chased us down and said how much she loved our natural hair and how becoming it was on us. I'm still getting used to my natural hair so that compliment really made my day.
crimsonpeach
crimsonpeach

Back to top Go down

Post by CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) 3rd March 2011, 8:28 pm

There are so may fierce naturals in my church now. I find myself counting them during prayer! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by CrissyQ 3rd March 2011, 8:31 pm

maybe its just me but natural in chicago are not friendly. We see each other and will not say a word. I would love to approach a few but they look so unapprochable. Mad
CrissyQ
CrissyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa101 3rd March 2011, 9:02 pm

STARE STARE STARE
lol i'm too shy to say anything so i'll stare
Nessa101
Nessa101

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 3rd March 2011, 9:20 pm

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:I stare like this Shocked I can't help it...i love natural hair.

Laughing Me too!!
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by ebonediva 3rd March 2011, 9:21 pm

CrAvInG_CuRlZ:) wrote:There are so may fierce naturals in my church now. I find myself counting them during prayer! Embarassed

Too funny! Not during prayer! Evil or Very Mad
ebonediva
ebonediva

http://God Said It, I Believe It, and That Settles It....AMEN

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd March 2011, 11:53 pm

My first reaction is I want to take a picture. lol Yes, I'm a weirdo and no I never do. I usually tell them I love their hair and keep it moving because I don't want to creep them out too much coming from someone with naturally wavyish hair. Neutral
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NikG20 3rd March 2011, 11:54 pm

Oh, and my daughter usually points out natural kids. She tells me how much she loves their hair so I tell her to go tell them but she's too shy. One time I walked up to this family with her and she ran off so I was just standing there, lol. Neutral
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fanmnatirel 4th March 2011, 12:15 am

@Newlynaturalqtpy....
you are WORKING that TWA....
get'em girl!!! lol

fanmnatirel
fanmnatirel

Back to top Go down

Post by MelMelBee 4th March 2011, 12:32 am

I give them the *nod*. Yall know what I mean. I think we should make a universal "happy to be nappy" head shake, facial expression, sign or something. Here's some examples

"Wasssssuppppp my sista" cheers

"Finally another one"dance

(holding up the black fist) afro

"Hey grrrrllll, I see you" Wink

"Um, girl I see you, but that W&G needs werk" scratch (ok, sike...I'd never say that)

(with a half smile...knowing that child's head looks a mess) "Girl, love your hair...are you on CurlyNikki? You should go...it's so much info on there!" study
MelMelBee
MelMelBee

http://www.experiencestmattsumc.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Berry3674 4th March 2011, 11:48 am

My turbokick instructor at my gym is natural. It's funny cuz she always calls me sis. "Sis don't cheat", "Sis keep them arms moving". I think it's cute. Could be also cuz we're the only blacks in the whole dang gym. Idk. I usually will smile at other naturals or throw out a compliment. I know how much negativity a person can encounter rocking kinky hair so I always show love!
Berry3674
Berry3674

Back to top Go down

Post by naturalqtpy 4th March 2011, 12:11 pm

fanmnatirel wrote:@Newlynaturalqtpy....
you are WORKING that TWA....
get'em girl!!! lol

You betta believe it! lol! Laughing Thanks girl! I can't wait until my hair gets big like yours...I luuuuv big natural hair Very Happy

MelMelBee wrote:I give them the *nod*. Yall know what I mean. I think we should make a universal "happy to be nappy" head shake, facial expression, sign or something. Here's some examples

"Wasssssuppppp my sista" cheers

"Finally another one"dance

(holding up the black fist) afro

"Hey grrrrllll, I see you" Wink

"Um, girl I see you, but that W&G needs werk" scratch (ok, sike...I'd never say that)

(with a half smile...knowing that child's head looks a mess) "Girl, love your hair...are you on CurlyNikki? You should go...it's so much info on there!" study

LOL!Laughing
naturalqtpy
naturalqtpy

Back to top Go down

Post by funkyhairchic 4th March 2011, 1:06 pm

I normally compliment other naturals, especially if they're rocking a unique style. I see so many of the same styles that sometimes I don't say anything or I'll just smile at them w/eye contact. When I see someone with a unique style like a frohawk, updo, or ginormous hair, I'm the first to stop and show love!
funkyhairchic
funkyhairchic

http://public.fotki.com/mahoganyface

Back to top Go down

Post by yldthng 4th March 2011, 1:18 pm

I'm still newly natural, but when I see a natural now, I kinda do like I do when I see another Charger owner - I nod & smile. It's usually the older ladies who actually acknowledge the nod & smile. Shoot, I'm 46 - don't know why I'm calling them older, LOL. Funny how we see ourselves as younger than we are. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yldthng
yldthng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2