CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low porosity....what do I do now?!?!

+9
hopefulcurls
Aunt_Lola
BeautifullyFree
Lynnieluve
creolebeauty1
krazy coils
Duchess52
Janique
jada07
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Low porosity....what do I do now?!?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Low porosity....what do I do now?!?!

Post by ajsimmons8 26th February 2011, 11:26 am

this is such a great thread, i did the water test too and my hair didn't move from the top of the glass. what I don't understand and I hope someone can help me; if our hair is low porosity, do we need products/processes that will open the cuticle to let the moisture in and then a process/products to close the moisture? I'm so confused confused The post on NC was great information, but I wished they would have given product recommendations for each porosity level.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Low porosity....what do I do now?!?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Low porosity....what do I do now?!?!

Post by ajsimmons8 26th February 2011, 11:52 am

One other question; is it possible to have more than one type of porosity in your hair? For example, the front of my hair seems to be extremely low porosity, compared to the back of which is somewhere between normal to low.

Oops, I do have another question? I henna at least once a month, and henna coats the hair making it stronger, so does this mean that while I'm making my hair stronger with the henna, I'm also increasing it's low porosity. URGGGG, this is really getting complicated No
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 28th February 2011, 8:26 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:One other question; is it possible to have more than one type of porosity in your hair? For example, the front of my hair seems to be extremely low porosity, compared to the back of which is somewhere between normal to low.

Oops, I do have another question? I henna at least once a month, and henna coats the hair making it stronger, so does this mean that while I'm making my hair stronger with the henna, I'm also increasing it's low porosity. URGGGG, this is really getting complicated No

All great questions. I guess just like you can have different textures you can have different porosity.

And I would also assume that yes, henna could change the porosity of your hair. Technically, low porosity hair is healthy hair because the cuticle lays down and the strand is strong.
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by jada07 28th February 2011, 8:28 pm

ajsimmons8 wrote:this is such a great thread, i did the water test too and my hair didn't move from the top of the glass. what I don't understand and I hope someone can help me; if our hair is low porosity, do we need products/processes that will open the cuticle to let the moisture in and then a process/products to close the moisture? I'm so confused confused The post on NC was great information, but I wished they would have given product recommendations for each porosity level.

You need a process to help open the cuticle (using heat when you deep condition). I'm not sure about closing the cuticle back; I wonder if it does it on it's own or if you have to do something to help (like a cold water rinse). This hair science is intricate! Rolling Eyes
jada07
jada07

Back to top Go down

Post by ajsimmons8 28th February 2011, 8:53 pm

Thanks Jada. Since I don't use heat on my hair, I should be ok in pooing with warm water (open the cuticle) and then doing a cold water rinse. I never knew that I would have to become a hair scientist when I went naturally. I hated science in school!!! Evil or Very Mad
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2