CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How I achieve my color...

Go down

How I achieve my color... Empty How I achieve my color...

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2011, 6:06 pm

Afternoon Ladies.

I get a lot of questions about how I achieve my color and keep it looking so healthy. I honestly have never had any problems with color - even when I relaxed. Now that I'm natural, it's even better I think. As you can see from pictures below my color has no name. Some find this hard to believe, but it's true. It just lightens my natural hair color which is dark brown/black.

Initially when I started coloring my hair the old formula I used for 11+ years was called Luminize (clear) pictured below (liquid based). Along with a liquid developer in the silver bottle (pictured below). When Clairol discontinued this color I was in panic mode last year. I thought I would have to go back to my natural color or consult a salon. But I called Clairol directly and asked about it and they told me what new formula to buy and it would give me the same results. So bought it, and they were right.

The new formula is called Clairol Professional Mix Tones Clear Mix (silver box). It's cream based now and you mix with the Clairoxide 20-volume Developer - pictured below. The only thing I don't like about the new product is that it's cream based now and it doesn't mix well with the developer. Before both products were liquid and I could just shake up in my applicator bottle. Now that's proven to be difficult because the cream doesn't break down that easily now. I now have to mix the products in an applicator cup (I don't know correct name) but you mix color in it. And I apply it using a perm brush - similar to applying a perm - to roots only.

The Clairol Professional website gives you the recommended comparison charts for discontinued products. See below.

Enlarge this imageReduce this image Click to see fullsize
How I achieve my color... Img_luminize_conversion

Luminize Recommended Comparison

Clear Mix Tones:

• No bleaches or dyes
  • Consistency similar to Luminize
  • Soy Complex provides healthy shine*

How I achieve my color... Chart_Luminize

[/size]

[url=http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/t3559p825-blondebydesire-s-bella-products-i-use-to-achieve-my-color#]Enlarge this image
Reduce this image Click to see fullsize
How I achieve my color... 21bMyy45SlL._SL500_AA300_[/url]

old developer/formula

new developer

clairoxide

clear developer - i use 20 volume for normal lift.

Clairol Professional clairoxide clear liquid developer provides a translucent liquid gel consistency for predictable hair color and lightening results every time. Ideal for bottle application, it is designed for use with permanent color and all powder and liquid lighteners.
10-, 20-, 30-, and 40-volume strengths:
10 volume for gentle lift
20 volume for normal lift
30 volume for extra lift
40 volume for maximum lift

How I achieve my color... Clairoxide_40_volume
[/size]
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down