CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni @ Target - Different products?

+8
NhappyJackie
BlondeByDesire
creolebeauty1
meepmeep1101
misskris
LittleMissCurls
Lynnieluve
CurlyChefRobin
12 posters

Go down

Giovanni @ Target - Different products? Empty Giovanni @ Target - Different products?

Post by CurlyChefRobin 20th February 2011, 8:57 pm

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I went to Tarjay to purchase my beloved Giovanni Direct Leave in. When i got home I noticed the package said Eco Chic haircare instead of Organic Technology. I also noticed the ingredients were a little different and the level or organic ingredients was less. I didn't study too hard and honestly I was concerned about the change so I decided then and there to return them, go to WF and get the Organic one. I'm concerned that they may be trying to pull a fast one on us. :-( Just checked the site and it's confusing. One section says Eco Chic and another says organic. I will say WF had some of both. The DLI was only Organic, but they did have the 50:50 shampoo in the Eco Chic name. Anyone used them and noticed a difference? So many curlies complain when companies change the ingredients. I do hope they don't switch and mess us up because I LOVE my leave in.
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

http://www.cookingwithcareonline.com

Back to top Go down

Giovanni @ Target - Different products? Empty Re: Giovanni @ Target - Different products?

Post by Lynnieluve 20th February 2011, 9:08 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I won't be purchasing the new Eco chic product. Companies changing ingredients on me in the pass has led to me hating the new change. Once I can no longer find the organic one, I will be switching to KCKT. It works just as good as the Direct Leave in.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Giovanni @ Target - Different products? Empty Re: Giovanni @ Target - Different products?

Post by LittleMissCurls 20th February 2011, 9:16 pm

I truly wish companies would stop changing ingredients on us like this.
Sad

LittleMissCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 20th February 2011, 9:27 pm

@ Lynnie - I'll be so disappointed if they do change completely because I LOVE the leave in. The KCKT didn't work as well for me. Neutral
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 20th February 2011, 9:42 pm

yeah, thanks for the heads up!! that's good to know!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 20th February 2011, 11:21 pm

After reading this, I actually went to vitacost.com cuz thats where i bought mine and its still organic version, but i guess there is one before that cuz i i found i guess the "original" one at ulta. (they even have different bottles)

I am listing the ingredients that differ. What that one has that the other doesnt.

Vitacost Giovanni: , aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), leaf juice, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), phenoxyethanol, and natural fragrance. (and all the oils are called "extracts"

Ulta giovanni: Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, , Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Fargara)*, Mallow (Malya Sylvestris)*, , Trace Minerals, Sodium Hydroxymethlyglucinate (They actually call them oils in here, and no frgrance 0.0)

mothernature.com giovanni: Sage Extract (and) St. John's Wort Extract (and) Coltsfoot Extract (and) Balm Mint Extract (and) Horsetail Extract (and) Red Clover Extract, Flax Seed Oil, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate. (differs from the first, but some same as the second and it is a liquid version. You wouldnt detangle with this.)

So now I think i want the original Sad
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 20th February 2011, 11:59 pm

meepmeep1101 wrote:After reading this, I actually went to vitacost.com cuz thats where i bought mine and its still organic version, but i guess there is one before that cuz i i found i guess the "original" one at ulta. (they even have different bottles)

I am listing the ingredients that differ. What that one has that the other doesnt.

Vitacost Giovanni: , aloe barbadensis (aloe vera), leaf juice, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), phenoxyethanol, and natural fragrance. (and all the oils are called "extracts"

Ulta giovanni: Birch Leaf (Butela Alba) Oil, , Coltsfoot Leaf (Tussilago Fargara)*, Mallow (Malya Sylvestris)*, , Trace Minerals, Sodium Hydroxymethlyglucinate (They actually call them oils in here, and no frgrance 0.0)

mothernature.com giovanni: Sage Extract (and) St. John's Wort Extract (and) Coltsfoot Extract (and) Balm Mint Extract (and) Horsetail Extract (and) Red Clover Extract, Flax Seed Oil, Mineral Trace Elements, DL Panthenol, Cinnamate. (differs from the first, but some same as the second and it is a liquid version. You wouldnt detangle with this.)

So now I think i want the original Sad

Are these all for the Direct Leave-In?
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 21st February 2011, 12:47 am

@Curly: Yes. lol. All different versions.
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by creolebeauty1 21st February 2011, 12:59 am

O man i get mines from vitacost and just went to read the ingredients mines seems to be the original , so did they change the name for it or same name and different ingredient i guess i will be moving on to KCCT man i'm going to miss spending 5 bucks on my leave in from vitacost FML Sad
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 21st February 2011, 1:02 am

u can get them elsewhere too.
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 21st February 2011, 11:43 am

Wow, I must pay more attention now. Let me check my new bottle when I get home today. Geez scratch
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 21st February 2011, 12:04 pm

I thinkt he orginal is the one with the leaves, then the next one is the one with the dots.

And I read that extract is that ingredient plus a lot of other stuff (usually an alcohol), and the oil is pure. So i'm gunna watch out for that extract, cuz i think there are just using less to spend less money.
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by NhappyJackie 21st February 2011, 12:26 pm

That explains it...I recently received my order from Massage Warehouse of the GDL and the first thing I noticed was the consistency felt a little bit different. The one from Target felt a little watery, but the Massage Warehouse one was thicker. The names were different but I didn't notice a huge difference in the ingredients.
As for the end results...I let the GDL sit on my hair about 2 minutes before I detangled and I must say....Detangling was a breeze. It took me 30 minutes to detangle and blow dry my hair. I only added coconut oil to seal and after blow drying, my hair was super soft and moist. So the difference for me wasn't bad at all. I actually prefer it over the KCKT.
NhappyJackie
NhappyJackie

http://members.fotki.com/jackiejones205/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzygurll 21st February 2011, 2:02 pm

Thanks for this! Hey what about the one Walmart? I was going to buy that next week. I'll have to be very careful of things like this in the future.
Jazzygurll
Jazzygurll

Back to top Go down

Post by meepmeep1101 21st February 2011, 3:40 pm

The one at Walmart, I believe is the same one they sell at vitacost.com
meepmeep1101
meepmeep1101

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyChefRobin 21st February 2011, 8:25 pm

My plan is to keep my original bottle so that I'm sure I'm getting the right one. I prefer the DLI over KCKT as well. Keep your eyes open ladies. Shocked
CurlyChefRobin
CurlyChefRobin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kea::curls 21st February 2011, 9:09 pm

i've never tried KCKT, b/c never felt i needed to once i tried Giovanni DLI, but i'd take the price of Giovanni over KCKT anyday. I haven't run into anything other than the original Aloe Leaf version, but will def be keeping an eye out now. thanks!
Kea::curls
Kea::curls

http://public.fotki.com/KeaCurls/

Back to top Go down

Post by cyclingchick 21st February 2011, 9:46 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I've been getting my Giovanni from WF and Vitamin Shoppe...must pay more attention. No
cyclingchick
cyclingchick

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms. RosieVelt 22nd February 2011, 1:39 am

I just started using Giovanni all natural conditioners and I love them. Thanks for the heads up, now I know to make sure I get the right products.
Ms. RosieVelt
Ms. RosieVelt

http://msrosievelt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down