CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giovanni Products

+4
Hollis
Erica5417
NikG20
Curliana
8 posters

Go down

Giovanni Products Empty Giovanni Products

Post by Curliana 17th February 2010, 11:20 pm

Hey ladies,

I've noticed that many of you use Giovanni's products and I want to give them a try. I went to their site to decide what I wanted to buy and the inner PJ in me (that i try sooo hard to repress) wanted to try everything but my wallet won't allow me [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] . Does anyone have any suggestions as to which line of products i should choose?- the tea tree triple threat, 50/50 balanced or smooth as silk. I planned on getting both the shampoo and conditioner of the same line along with the direct leave in. I figured products work best when you stick with the same line. I generally have 4a hair with some 3c sections in the front and crown. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

-Curliana
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Giovanni Products Empty Re: Giovanni Products

Post by NikG20 17th February 2010, 11:33 pm

I love the Giovanni Direct Leave-in on my daughters hair. Last time I bought it I bought it buy one get one free from Ulta.

I also purchased their Smooth as Silk Shampoo and Conditioner (2 of the conditioners) and their 50:50 Shampoo and Conditioner (2 of the conditioner) All of that was buy one get one free from Riteaid...

So definitely look out for deals if you can. I have only tried the direct leave-in so far so I can't speak on the other stuff yet.

You can usually find it for cheap at TJ Maxx/Marshalls as well.
NikG20
NikG20

http://www.beadsbraidsbeyond.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Erica5417 17th February 2010, 11:37 pm

A lot of us buy our Giovanni products at TJ Maxx or Marshall's. You can get them really cheap there. I've tried all of them and my favorite is the 50/50. The Smooth As Silk can be pretty protein heavy for some people. The Tea Tree Triple Treat works well as a leave in too. I've also tried the Vitapro Fusion Leave-in spray and I love that as well. I'm something like a Giovanni junkie.

*I haven't tried any of the shampoos because I mostly just cowash.
Erica5417
Erica5417

http://ericathurman.ennoir.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hollis 17th February 2010, 11:40 pm

I found the 50/50 shampoo on sale at Target for $5.99 but the price is generally $7.99 at Target. I like it though, but that is all I have tried.
Hollis
Hollis

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 18th February 2010, 12:33 am

I've tried the 50:50 and Smooth as Silk conditioners for conditioner only method and Smooth as Silk for a deep conditioner. I love them! I get mine from Whole Foods when they're on sale, which I think they go on sale once a month or once every other month. You just have to watch for the sales.
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Curliana 18th February 2010, 11:28 pm

Thanks ladies for all of your advice! I think I'm gonna go with the Smooth as Silk. Btw while watchin a you tube hair video yesterday i found out about cheaper Giovanni's products at massagewarehouse.com. You can also buy them in liters and i think gallons.
Curliana
Curliana

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 18th February 2010, 11:42 pm

My favorites are the Direct Leave in and the Smooth As Silk. I only use the conditioner though.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by JRoshelle 18th February 2010, 11:49 pm

I use the smooth as silk shampoo and the 50/50 conditioner and my hair loves the both. I think I am going to try the smooth as silk conditioner too. I just ordered some hair treatment vitamin fusion and sunset setting lotion off Amazon) I bought my shampoo and conditioner at safeway and they have it at target as well but I would also check out Amazon. There are some additional products on Amazon that are not currently on the website.
JRoshelle
JRoshelle

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCurlWhisperer 19th February 2010, 6:26 pm

While I am technically "brand-neutral," I do make product recommendations to clients upon request and often recommend the Tea Tree Triple Treat shampoo and 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming conditioner, which have been very well-received from my clientele.
TheCurlWhisperer
TheCurlWhisperer

http://www.livecurlylivefree.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down