CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS!

+3
herlucidsKy
p_nuttie43
loveself247
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS! Empty I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS!

Post by loveself247 29th October 2009, 7:34 pm

Hello to all the NATURAL beauties out there. I was on youtube researching how to apply eye shadow last week..lol and came across women with natural, curly and beautiful hair. After watching close to 100 video blogs of different women talking about their hair transitions I decided this week to go natural. No more chemicals and heat for me. The only problem is, I am having a hard time doing the big chop. My hair has always been long with the exception of my cutting it all off in 2002. I have always had a long beautiful grade of hair since I was a child but yet I wanted to have that Barbie Doll silky straight hair. So at age 14 I got my first perm and kept getting them, then the color came into play. Can someone PLEASE help me!! Is it necessary for me to make the BC to go natural or can I transition by keeping my length?

Thank you
Donnelle
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS! Empty Re: I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS!

Post by p_nuttie43 30th October 2009, 2:00 pm

you don't have to do the BC. there are a few women that have decided to long transistion. I too am not going to do the BC anytime soon. I decided to go natural on Oct. 14th so both me and you have a LOOOOONNNNGGGG road ahead of us.

what I planned to do was keep my hair and as it grows slowly cut off the relaxed ends. SO I'm at least keeping the "original" length.

We can do this girl! i got your back if you got mine! GO sista Go!
p_nuttie43
p_nuttie43

Back to top Go down

I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS! Empty Re: I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS!

Post by herlucidsKy 30th October 2009, 7:44 pm

hey p_nuttie43, you can definitely do it! no need to jump on bandwagons at all, do what makes you happy and what makes your hair flourish..My last relaxer was july 2008 and I am still transitioning, 15 months now...I may have had only 1 trim since my last relaxer and thats it...I'm in this for the long run...It can be done for sure, its all up to you! We transitioners are here for ya! Smile
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 30th October 2009, 7:59 pm

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just asking if it takes longer to transition if you don't do the BC? Seems to me that it would take the same amount of time. what do you think? My last relaxer was September 14, 2009 and I hate that I put that mess in my hair.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by herlucidsKy 30th October 2009, 8:19 pm

....once you cut of all your relaxed hair you are done transitioning! you are completely natural! no more transitioning phase, so if i understand you correctly i would say its quicker if you do the bc, some people just prefer to get it over with so they wont have to go through the transitioning phase...let me know if misunderstood your question.
herlucidsKy
herlucidsKy

http://members.fotki.com/galacticdust/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 3:39 am

I never BC'd! I've always had long hair and just could NOT bare to do it! (My head is too big for that! LOL!) My last relaxer was May of 2005!!! So yeah, my relaxer has been grown out for a while, but at the same time, I was still getting my hair straightened! I didn't decide to experiment with my curly texture until all my relaxer was gone!

While transitioning, I made sure that I kept my ends trimmed! That way the permed ends would be removed and I could focus more on my natural texture. I did this all the way until there was no perm left! Yeah it takes a while, but that's just what I did! Now in between, I did have extensions for a few months, and I think I wore twist braids for some months too. So girl yes, you can definitely transition with out BC'ing! I just hate that in the early stages of it, I didn't know as much as I know now! So its very good that you are on this site soaking in all the information early!

Good luck with your transitioning!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 3:55 am

@natural83, thanks chickee....I think I'm gonna try to grow it out for a year and then see where my natural length is before I decide to do the Big Chop. In the meantime I will just have to come up with some ways to wear my hair that won't leave me looking too crazy.

By the way,,,did you get your coconut oil yet..lol?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 4:11 am

loveself247 wrote:@natural83, thanks chickee....I think I'm gonna try to grow it out for a year and then see where my natural length is before I decide to do the Big Chop. In the meantime I will just have to come up with some ways to wear my hair that won't leave me looking too crazy.

By the way,,,did you get your coconut oil yet..lol?

Yeah, that may work for ya, and who knows...you may not even have to do a big chop! You will be suprised how fast it grows out once you start getting them ends trimmed on a regular! Its the best!

As far as the coconut oil, I didn't quite make it to Whole Foods yet, but I did make 2 beauty supply runs today...one to an actual beauty supply store and the other to Ulta. While I was at the beauty supply store, I ended up getting some rollers and a few other items, and I ran across some coconut oil....its the Organic-Root Stimulator brand. Im still thinking Im going to hit up Whole Foods because it doesn't say if its virgin or not, and most people on the threads are saying that the virgin kind is the best. I just got this kind cause I was on a "product high"! LOL! Then later this evening, I stopped by Ulta and purchased the DevaCare One Conditioner! So Im trying to get everything I need! I cleaned out my cabinet last night, just to make room for all these products! Does Whole Foods have the Aubrey Organics HSR conditioner that a lot of people have been talking about? I want to get that too!

Oh yeah, did you decide whether or not you're going to Henna??? I can't wait! Mine hasn't came in yet and Im so ready for it to come!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 4:15 am

Yes "Whole Foods" does carry Aubrey Organics,,the Honey Suckle Rose Conditioner was on sale for $7.99 when I was there last week. You need to stop playin and get your tail over there missy.lol

No I didn't order my Henna yet, but I will be.

How much was the Deva One Conditioner at Ulta?
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 4:21 am

@loveself247 Okay then, that's what's up! I need to figure out which Whole Foods is closest to me so I can go asap! You know what...H.E.B. has a really good hair product section! I wonder do they have it??? Im always looking at their stuff, Im going to have to check and see if they carry it.

The 12 ounce DevaCare One Conditioner bottle was $17.95. They have a bigger bottle that's like 30 something dollars. I just got the 12 ounce today...its still a good amount of product though.
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 4:33 am

@natural83,,ok, that's the price of it at www.curlmart.com. You can't buy it online at Ulta, just in the stores.

You can likely find unrefined coconut oil in solid form somewhere other than Whole Foods.

Girl I love H.E.B, I always go in there and stop at the chef's counter where they are cooking and giving you plates full of different dishes. Girl my sister-in-law and I were in there Sunday and sampled 3 dishes and 4 different wines. I was feeling full and good when I left out of there lol! They also have the best recipes too. I love to cook and I love H.E.B!!!

I didn't see any Aubrey Organic products when I was in there last weekend though.

I go to the one off 59 and 99 and there is another one off 99 that I go to. Not all of them have the Chef's counter because the H.E.B by my mom is so low budget!!!!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 4:44 am

@loveself247 Im going to check out curlmart too then.

And yes, girl H.E.B. is the bomb diggity! I live on the North side near The Woodlands, and we have an H.E.B. Central Market and its off the chain too! They have the food counter too, and every now and then I will go and get food there! I love the fact that they let you sample stuff! And yes, you are right, there are a few "low budget" H.E.B.'s around here! LMAO! But they really are good stores! And the newer ones are sooo nice!

But yes, the Aubrey Organics HSR Conditioner, Coconut Oil (virgin kind), and the Jessicurl WDT is what I need for the cabinet next. Im trying to keep up with the Hair Joneses' on here! LOL!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 4:51 am

@natural83, I know, girl this product stuff is addictive. I just ordered some Qhemet Biologics products yesterday. I have a couple more things to try out and then I'm going to fall back for a minute on the product splurge to give my hair time to adjust to what I using. That way i can gage what works best for my hair and what doesn't.

I think I am also going to go back to my old faithful "Mane & Tale" shampoo and conditioner. That stuff use to really work for me back in the day. It can aide in my growth process.

You got me thinking about food now from H.E.B...lol
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 5:01 am

@loveself247 You know what, I used to use Mane & Tale on my hair when I was like in Juinor High. That's when my hair was at its longest too, then I thought I was grown and started getting layers and stuff when I got in high school! Anyhoo...I just remeber my hair staying long and healthy with that stuff!

Dang, I do want some food from H.E.B.! Girl Im such a sucker for sweets..looove going in there when they have those slices of cake ready to buy! Girl, I give in every time!!!! Gotta love H.E.B.!!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 5:09 am

@natural83...lol.. Yup, I was using it in high school and that is when my hair was the LONGEST. Like you I had to start messing in my hair. I can only imagine how long my hair would be now had I never put this poison in it. But it has definitely been a lesson learned. But I will definitely be getting me some by the weekend, if not tomorrow..lol.

It's a wonder I have a tooth in my head with all the sweets I eat girl. I'm a sucka for Sour Cherries, Gourmet Jelly Beans (Jelly Belly's), Twizzlers, Jolly Ranchers and my favorites are Haribo brand gummie bears. I got turned on to those back in 1998 when I was in Lugano Switzerland and Milan Italy. I love those gummie bears!!!!!!

I cannot believe I have been on here all day.....Yes I can..lol
I need to go knot up my hair chickee..... so I will catch you tomorrow.

Hey, have you ever been to Bellvidere's" (it's a club)
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 5th November 2009, 5:20 am

@loveself247 Hmmm, I wonder is Mane & Tale good on natural hair??? That stuff was great on my hair back in the day!

Girl Im not really big on candy, but birthday cake, cheesecake, and stuff like that??? OMG...I love it! Don't eat it on a regular but when its in my face, im like gimme, gimme, gimme! So sad! But ey, those Haribo gummie bears go super hard! One of my bff's put me on those a couple years back and I love them!

Yes, I have been to Belevedere a few times! Its a really nice spot, and the best night to go is on Sunday nights! Very classy, grown & sexy crowd! And so is the SkyBar!!!! Houston definitely has some really great spots to party at! You just have to know what nights to go on!

Yeah, Im going to go to bed soon myself...just ran in the bathroom to put by satin cap on! This is sooo ridic....up late on this blog! LOL!

Good night!!!!
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 5th November 2009, 5:28 am

@natural83...lol. Yeah I have been to both of them. If you have been to Belevedere's then you either know or have seen my brother (Cliff) he is a police officer and he moonlights there every Sunday. He has a twin (Clint). They just had a White Birthday party there back on August 2, it was banana's. I flew in from Detroit to shut the club down with them.

Were the 6th picture down and it's 4 of us wearing all white.

http://www.indmix.biz/album09/080209/index3.html

This was us that night,,,

later chickee
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS! Empty Just starting out

Post by Delta87 5th November 2009, 4:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] First of all, You guys look great. I decided to go natural just a few weeks ago after I got tired of fighting with my thinning and damaged hair all summer. My hair has always been really thick and full and started thinning just over the last year or so (I am 42 so maybe it is my age [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ) I had my last perm 7 weeks ago and my stylist gave me a curly sew in last week(It looks really good), although I am not a big fan of wearing weaves long term. I have 4a or 4b hair based on what I can remember the last time I was natural(13) and based on what my mother told me about my hair. My mother took really good care of my hair growing up. I only got a perm when I had to take swimming everyday in high school. What would you guys suggest doing to keep my hair healthy under this sew in? I will get it out every 5 weeks, trimmed and deep conditioned. My stylist is very supportive of my decision to go natural and says she might even join me. I am not against a big chop, I have had long and very short hair, but right now it is too cold and I do not have much new growth.

Thanks for your help
Delta87
Delta87

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 10th November 2009, 2:58 am

I'm glad I came to this site,I was on Tyrashow.com looking for ways to lose weight and stay fit.And I was reading something about CurlyNikki and going natural.I've been on this site for about 4 hours now and I'm sooo ready to go natural after reading the blogs and looking at the pics of all the ladies and their beautiful hair.My bestfriend and talked about going natural a few times,but we were worrying about what people might say.Or if we'll be able to manage our hair at all.The thought alone scared both of us.Now I'm sure this is what I wanna do! My hair has always been thin and sometimes brittle.I hate my hair,that's why I always wear wigs lol! I just want the freedom of knowing I don't have to buy another perm.It's crazy to say,but before,when I seen a woman with beautiful curly hair I would say to myself "I wish I had good hair like that". I never knew that natural hair of all types could look so beautiful. I haven't had a perm in a few months and I can't wait until it's time for my "BC" I look cute with short hair!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

https://facebook.com/cherrikissez

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 10th November 2009, 3:03 am

@Tiffy2,,,I felt the same way. But look at how beautiful our hair...our natural is capable of looking! Embrace your natural beauty!
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 10th November 2009, 4:02 pm

@LOVESELF247 my sisters let my nieces and nephews grow their natural hair out. and it's so long and healthy.but I just thought that was "baby hair" lol. I guess I got a lot to learn...Thanks!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 10th November 2009, 4:22 pm

Tiffy2,,,yes girl, this site will provide you with all the resources you need and all the support you can handle.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiffy2 10th November 2009, 9:15 pm

Yeah! I'm really diggin this site.I rush home to get on it now lol!
Tiffy2
Tiffy2

Back to top Go down

I decided to go Natural, NO MORE CHEMICALS! Empty THANK YOU

Post by MS. FAJA 10th November 2009, 10:07 pm

this helpd me soooo much! i've decided not to long ago to go all natural, only thing is: I DON'T WANT TO CUT MY HAIR OFF. My hair isn't long it's to my ears, but i just can't let it go. My last relaxer was Oct. 2009. I'm going to stick it out no matter how long it takes!
MS. FAJA
MS. FAJA

https://www.facebook.com/missfaja

Back to top Go down

Post by loveself247 10th November 2009, 10:11 pm

@MS.FAJA..I have only been transitioning a few months and I will not be cutting my hair anytime soon, either. You can transition without cutting. Just keep the chemicals and heat out your hair. Go to Nikki's home page and review the Transitioning Style options. I'm doing Bantu Knots right now.
loveself247
loveself247

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next