CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Henna Hair Earthy Smell

+13
mokacoffey
CrAvInG_CuRlZ:)
ajsimmons8
mtdnt
naturalhair429
sydnisd183
MelMelBee
reeko43
naturallynola
bpjedi
Aunt_Lola
nattynattie
MsKayDee
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post Henna Hair Earthy Smell - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Henna Hair Earthy Smell

Post by naturallynola 24th March 2011, 8:02 pm

ChocBeauty-- This is the reason to do the recommended strand test. Make sure you get some of the gray in the strand test so you can see the actual color your hair, including the gray hair, will turn. All henna does not result in the same color changes. For example, I use Rajasthani henna and it colors towards the burgundy spectrum. If you decide to test strand, you simple harvest hair from your comb or brush and mix the henna with whatever acid you will use when you do your entire head. Also, you will need to apply it for the same amount of time. In other words, you test under the same conditions of the actual whole head henna process. Hope this makes sense.

Bueno suerte!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post Henna Hair Earthy Smell - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Henna Hair Earthy Smell

Post by ChocBeauty 25th March 2011, 9:04 am

I did henna this past weekend. My hair was first light brown, but the more I washed it after the application, the darker it became. It did turn my gray a copper color which was great. I, however, didn't experience any smell and still don't. I wonder if it was the henna I used. I didn't do the Jamila henna. I have more shine and my hair just looks healthier. The top my hair is a different texture and thinner, but the henna treatment gave me more volume there which was another thing I was looking for from all the comments I researched. I will definitely do it again in a month. I'm not sure whether I will use the Jamila henna though and just might stick with what I've tried before. The color thing really concerns me.

ChocBeauty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2