CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing

5 posters

Go down

Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing Empty Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing

Post by Happy2B 15th February 2011, 1:11 am

A fellow curly was in the locker room of the gym today and I notice her putting Skintimate Shave Cream in her hair for a wash n go. Suspect . I asked her WHY?? And she said that it has less alcohol and chemicals than regular hair mousse or gel and she gets the same results. Has anyone ever tried this and what do you think about this??
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing Empty Re: Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing

Post by Madeaj 15th February 2011, 1:21 am

hmmmm Suspect Never heard of that, but before ruling it out I'd have to see the ingredients. A lot of personal care products are made up of the same ingredients. I use the conditioners I don't like as shave cream and the shampoos as foot soaks. And I have eyed my favorite lotions and thought about trying them in my hair.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing Empty Re: Have You Ever Heard of Such a Thing

Post by creolebeauty1 15th February 2011, 1:31 am

WOw i have never heard of that 1 but like the lady above me said i heard of people using conditioner as their shaving cream if i didn't use a gallon of conditioner a month i would try it lol
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 15th February 2011, 1:37 am

You do have a point....I'll have to look up the ingredients to see what they are.
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 15th February 2011, 9:46 am

Happy, thxs for sharing this with us. It is always interesting to see what products ppl are using that are a bit out of the ordinary for the use. Here is a link to the ingredients everyone. I was curious so I googled it.

http://www.amazon.com/Skintimate-Moisturizing-Shave-Vitamin-Sensitive/dp/B0000532E4

Personally, I wouldn't use it. If she is interested and if it is important to her, you may recommend she expand where she is looking for products. There are many options that are not chemical laden. JC Wrap & Roll is a product I use for roller sets, curlformers, and other sets. DM Miracurl, Curls Goddess Gel, Aubrey Organics B-5 gel, Mandarin Magic Jelly, and the list goes on and on of natural and/or organic holding products.

Hope this helps somebody.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by DeM 15th February 2011, 10:22 am

Those ingredients seem like they would be super drying on the hair. Hmm....

DeM

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 15th February 2011, 10:30 am

Yeah, I agree. This shaving cream is heavy with man-made chemicals. In particular the propelant and mineral oil. She would do better to keep looking. There are better options with less man-made chemicals. Although if it works for her, its okay. Each head is different and we all have slightly differents views of what is good for our hair.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down