CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keeping Yarn twist in for a year

4 posters

Go down

Keeping Yarn twist in for a year Empty Keeping Yarn twist in for a year

Post by iculukin 7th January 2011, 2:20 pm

I have been thinking about keeping my hair in yarn twist for the year... of course I will take them out when needed... i also am thinking of doing a henna treatment in between the twists. my focus is to limit myself from constant styling and i wanted to keep things as simple as possible...

I was wondering if you ladies had any suggestions, pros and cons of leaving hair in twist or braids for such a length...

Thanks a bunch for any feedback!!!
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Keeping Yarn twist in for a year Empty Re: Keeping Yarn twist in for a year

Post by Lynnieluve 7th January 2011, 2:43 pm

I have a friend that is natural and she wears braids most of the time. She's been natural 6 yrs. She always complains about her edges. Her hair line has moved back about an inch because of constantly wearing braids.

I would say wear them for 6-8 weeks. Take them out and access your hair. If its thriving, then continue to wear them. If not, then you will have to find another protective style.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMika 7th January 2011, 2:44 pm

Even though it's yarn, your hair will still loc if left in for too long (longer than 8 weeks, generally). If you have enough hair to twist, you CAN twist you own hair and leave them in for a mont at a time. There are ladies here who do that fairly often--hopefully they'll chime in.
LadyMika
LadyMika

http://metalkink.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 7th January 2011, 2:55 pm

I will definitely keep an eye on my edges I never had problems with my edges thinning in the past....

I wore my hair in my own two strand twist last year.... I was trying for something different.... I will be taking the braids out to let them breathe and to DC and stuff but majority of the time I it will be in braids...

so 6-8 weeks are about the longest I should keep them in and then i will let my hair breathe for about a week then start a new batch
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo Somebody 8th January 2011, 4:35 am

Ohhhhh, I thought you meant for a year straight! Lol! I see no problems with 6-8 week stints lasting a year in total. I bet you miss your hair though! Smile
Jo Somebody
Jo Somebody

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down