CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it safe to use 2 year old henna?

3 posters

Go down

Is it safe to use 2 year old henna? Empty Is it safe to use 2 year old henna?

Post by ShammyCurls 9th February 2011, 6:07 pm

I recently found a few packs of BAQ henna that I purchased from Mehandi.com in July 2008. I thought that I had lost them, but apparently not. They are still sealed in the original package. They seem fine. It seems such a shame to waste it if it's usable, but I'm unsure about the shelf life of henna. Will it harm my hair to use henna that old? Or is it worth a try?

***If I do use it, I will follow Curly Nikki's henna routine***

ShammyCurls

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to use 2 year old henna? Empty Re: Is it safe to use 2 year old henna?

Post by CarlaAR 10th February 2011, 2:48 pm

I've used henna from 2008 and as long as it was sealed, it was fine. Different years have different crops so you might get a slightly different result in color between hennas from say 2008 and 2010, but its completely safe.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Is it safe to use 2 year old henna? Empty Re: Is it safe to use 2 year old henna?

Post by ajsimmons8 10th February 2011, 3:30 pm

If it was kept in the fridge it can last for many years. you can always mix a small batch up to see if you get dye release before applying it to your hair.
ajsimmons8
ajsimmons8

Back to top Go down

Post by ShammyCurls 10th February 2011, 11:13 pm

Thank u ladies!

ShammyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down