CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe Henna

3 posters

Go down

Safe Henna Empty Safe Henna

Post by lovelyk 9th May 2010, 2:00 am

I found an Indian grocery store that sales henna. I wasn't sure of what to buy so I asked the cashier. I specifically told her that I wanted a henna that would not chemically change my hair, but give me just a tinge of red color. She recommended a product called Supreme Herbal Mehandi. When I got home I read the ingredients (I know that I should have read it in the store) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] the ingredients are henna, aritha, alma, shikakai, 2 nitro, PPD, and "other natural herbs".

The directions say to just mix it with hot water for 30 minutes and then let it sit on hair for 2-3 hours. This does not sound similar to the other hennas that I've read about. I am tempted to just throw it away. Has anyone tried this product?
lovelyk
lovelyk

Back to top Go down

Safe Henna Empty Re: Safe Henna

Post by Curlock Holmes 9th May 2010, 2:23 am

that sounds sketchy and its definitely not 100% Henna. It may break your hair off if you have chemical color in your hair as well.
Curlock Holmes
Curlock Holmes

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelyk 9th May 2010, 10:26 am

I guess that I will throw it out. I'm willing to lose $5.00. It's def better than ruining my hair. Thanks CurlyDee.
lovelyk
lovelyk

Back to top Go down

Post by R2D2 9th May 2010, 7:37 pm

Yes, definitely throw it out. Aritha, amla and shikakai are okay but the PPD should not be there. I don't know what 2 nitro is but it probably isn't good!

If you decide to go to another Indian grocery then ask for "100% body art quality henna" with nothing added to it. Look out for good brands such as Jamila, Nupur, Reshma and Dulhan...
R2D2
R2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelyk 9th May 2010, 8:40 pm

@R2D2- I will carefully read the ingredients next time. I don't know what PPD or Nitro2 is either, but they sound scary. Like they could be used for making explosives or something, LOL! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lovelyk
lovelyk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down