CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flaxseed gel

2 posters

Go down

Flaxseed gel  Empty Flaxseed gel

Post by creolebeauty1 29th January 2011, 8:03 pm

SO i finally decided to try making my own flaxseed gel next week from the different videos i watched i think i need Flaxseed of course , water , essential oil for preservative even honey (willing to try ) and some add a bit of aloe vera gel to theirs
IF you have used and made this gel what's your recipe ?
How different is this gel to the commercial ones and what's its average shelf life ?
Thank you ladies
Oh i almost forgot where do you get you seeds from and how much does it usually cost ?
creolebeauty1
creolebeauty1

Back to top Go down

Flaxseed gel  Empty Re: Flaxseed gel

Post by letha 29th January 2011, 8:52 pm

I got my flax seed from whole foods.. They cost by the pound the ones I got.. But no more than $3 or more.

My Recipe was 1/2 cup of flax seed to 2 cups of water.. I added alove vera gel, aloe vera juice and what ever oils I have on hand.. The Difference from commerical gel for me is I knew what I had in this gel.. Only problem is my flaked up a little when dried. Not sure how long it last I kept mine in the fridge to make it last longer.. 2 weeks or more after a while I just threw it out..
letha
letha

Back to top Go down