CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

miss jessie Leaves my hair...................

+11
KamsMa82
ReRe71
MissyCee
Hart-4-Naturals
pixee22
Sweet Tee
TXCHOCLTE
Sebastain13
Annie L
mizcreativelyme
barb37075
15 posters

Go down

miss jessie Leaves my hair................... Empty miss jessie Leaves my hair...................

Post by barb37075 28th January 2011, 1:30 pm

Its great but it leaves white stuff in my hair and my sisters and mom too. And which organic natural products can I use on my hair bc right now I use stuff like vo5 suave and they leave my hair dry esp the shampoo.

barb37075

Back to top Go down

miss jessie Leaves my hair................... Empty Re: miss jessie Leaves my hair...................

Post by mizcreativelyme 28th January 2011, 2:28 pm

i had success using miss jessies baby buttercream. i've learned that a little goes a long way with those products. would i re-purchase? probably not since i've discovered qhemet burdock root buttercream.

with most commercial shampoos, i have to dilute them with water to alleviate the dry after effect. since discovering shampoo bars, i'll probably never go back to bottled-liquid poo.

to shampoo, i use an ayurvedic herbal poo bar from chagrin valley (purchased online). it leaves my hair VERY moisturized and not dry/stripped.

to condish, giovanni smooth as silk. leaves my hair soft as well. it can be purchased at wal-mart, target, Marshalls, Ross, or online at massagewarehouse.com

to moisturize, qhemet biologics burdock root butter cream - it's a light moisturizer that doesn't leave the hair feeling sticky or greasy. (purchased online)

the products your hair respond well to will depend a great deal on your hair's texture (fine, medium, course, etc). if your hair 'likes' heavier butters, look for products that include shea, etc. if not, go for water-based products that contain lighter oils (olive, jojoba, coconut, grapeseed, etc).
mizcreativelyme
mizcreativelyme

Back to top Go down

miss jessie Leaves my hair................... Empty Re: miss jessie Leaves my hair...................

Post by Annie L 4th February 2011, 7:40 am

...an oversaturated, smelly, oily, crunchy, flaky, dry-looking, matted, paraben-filled mess. I can't state enough how much I dislike their products but there are others who do. It seems to get a 50/50 vote across most boards. The thing I hated most was the horrible ingredients.

BTW mizcreativelyme, beautiful picture.

Annie L

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 4th February 2011, 11:19 am

miss jessies leaves me & my hair BROKE

I have used the baby buttercream but I bought a small container of it to see if I would like it or not That was also during the time that I just did my BC so I have about 31/2-4 in of hair I did not & will not repurchase again
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Post by TXCHOCLTE 4th February 2011, 1:10 pm

The stylist that did my BC 03/10 swore by Miss Jessie's products so I ended up purchasing the baby buttercream AND the curly pudding...I am very into the health of my hair but try not to jump on all bandwagons & certainly refuse to become a Natural Natzi...as we all know, what works for one may not work for the next but these products (FOR ME) were booboo...they left my hair weighed down, rough & dry...refusing to become a PJ, I now try to stick with all natural products, except for gel of course...

www.fotki.com/txchoclte
TXCHOCLTE
TXCHOCLTE

Back to top Go down

Post by barb37075 5th February 2011, 5:57 pm

Thank you. I will def try to use natural hair product and see how it works out for me.

barb37075

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet Tee 5th February 2011, 9:27 pm

Definitely try Qhemet!

I tried MJCM a while ago
and wasn't crazy about it.

Then I tried
Qhemet's Burdok Root Butter Cream-
been in love ever since.

It's the best!
Sweet Tee
Sweet Tee

Back to top Go down

Post by pixee22 9th February 2011, 12:32 pm

I have tried Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding, Curly Buttercreme, Curly Merengue and Quick Curls. The ONLY produt that I have liked is the Quick Curls. I get a great wash n go curl, but by day 2 - boooo!

My husband swears by the pudding and the buttercreme! I think they are okay products, but a) the fragrances are too overpowering and unnatural and b) only worth buying when they have their BOGO sales!

pixee22

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 16th February 2011, 8:02 pm

I've used Miss Jessie Curly Pudding for my wet twistouts, but I'm a little board with it. I wish I had bought the Buttercreme instead when they had the BOGO in December. I have to put oil on each twist before I apply the Curly Pudding in order for it not to leave my hair blah looking. Also, my hair has to be soaking wet in order for me to get the results I want. So because of that I'm in search of a styling creme that I can use on my dry twistout, cuz I don't want to have to saturate my hair with water just to retwist every night.
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

http://public.fotki.com/Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by MissyCee 16th February 2011, 10:05 pm

Like most, dry and flaky. I love and wish I had gotten earlier Qhemet burdock Root Cream. My hair loves and so do I!!!!
MissyCee
MissyCee

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 17th February 2011, 1:32 pm

Ok, I was anti-Miss Jessie's because the curly pudding made my hair dry and crunchy and took forever to dry (and the price of course). But, I obtained one of the small jars of the buttercreme at a meetup last week....OMG!!!! I used it last night to retwist my hair....my hair is soooo soft and defined. Now, I do not like the price of it, but I may just purchase it only because I know it will last a long time.
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 17th February 2011, 5:40 pm

My sentiments exactly ReRe! The Buttercreme is good, but the price is ridiculous. I'm putting Miss Jessie on hold, unless I can swap with someone for the Buttercreme and give away the Curly Pudding.
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by ReRe71 17th February 2011, 6:40 pm

@Hart4Naturals: I sure wish I had tried the Buttercreme around the holidays...then I would've done the BOGO and gotten more for my money!
ReRe71
ReRe71

Back to top Go down

Post by Hart-4-Naturals 17th February 2011, 7:35 pm

I know ReRe but it was still almost $30 bucks. I just can't feel that. However, I will prob go in with a friend like I did with the curly pudding.

I just used Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hair smoothie and I love it. I used it last night to do a damp twistout and my hair is very soft and moisturized today. Well, the moisture could be from my oil concoction that I use, lol. Anyway, it reminds me of the Buttercreme without the pricetag Surprised
Hart-4-Naturals
Hart-4-Naturals

Back to top Go down

Post by KamsMa82 20th February 2011, 12:36 am

The curly pudding works pretty well on my hair. I don't care for the long drying time, but my hair looks fierce after I put it in. Surprisingly, I haven't used the buttercreme on my hair yet. I purchased both items in December during the BOGO and have only used the pudding on my hair and buttercreme on my daughters. Expensive as hell, yes. But gets me (and my daughter) the look we want.

KamsMa82

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 23rd February 2011, 11:04 pm

I started out with MJ when I first went natural, but stopped using it because of the ingredients. However, I always find myself going back to it, especially the Baby Buttercream because it works. A little big goes a LOOONNNNGGGG way to avoid looked all greased up and getting flakes. It leaves my hair well defined and soft with a healthy shine. Loves it!
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Emartini04 25th February 2011, 12:41 pm

I haven't tried any of the Miss Jessie products on my hair because I don't like mineral oil and I keep reading the same complaints about the sticky white residue it tends to leave behind. A good curling cream which you may like (try it out if you can) is Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie which is filled with tons of oils and butters and gives your hair a nice bounce and shine.

For shampoo I guess your hair and VO5 is not getting along so you may want to try something different. Try getting a shampoo that is sls free (Jane Carter SLS Free Shampoo) and filled with moisture. Also try getting a cleansing cream such as Deva Chan or Curls. You may want to try co washing your hair more also. I tend to use Trader Joe's Nourish Spa and their Tea Tree Shingle (my favorite). Also are you oiling your hair with anything? What leave in conditioners r u using?
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Post by Lita 26th February 2011, 2:42 am

Only product I currently use by Miss Jessie is the Creme De La Curl sulfate free poo..It leaves my hair nice,silky & detangle....The price is ok $14.oo

Mad
* The rest of her products you can keep & save your money too expensive & not worth it ...

MAKE YOUR OWN or use Qhemet..

Happy Hair Growing!
Lita
Lita

Back to top Go down

Post by Allycoils 27th February 2011, 4:13 pm

I have alot of success with curly pudding for my dry twist outs (can't do wet ones due to fine hair). The trick is to only use a dab for each twist. No residue or flakes on my hair at all.
Allycoils
Allycoils

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down