CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions?

3 posters

Go down

Suggestions? Empty Suggestions?

Post by chezmoi 20th January 2011, 12:33 am

My hair has little to no BODY. Any suggestions on achieving body aka movement. My alleged hair type is 4A? my hair is long enough to move, but it's mostly just stiff. I would really like to add some BODY! I don't know how! I appreciate any insight you can offer. Thanks.

chezmoi

Back to top Go down

Suggestions? Empty Re: Suggestions?

Post by one.tru.luv 20th January 2011, 10:47 am

are you talking about a fuller look? if so, try stretching your roots by lifting them with your fingers or a pick.

if its just stiff, then you might want to try experimenting with different products. i find Qhemet's CTDG (leave-in) leaves my hair soft enough to move yet be moisturized.

i hope i helped.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

http://members.fotki.com/da1trulve/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by chezmoi 20th January 2011, 1:14 pm

I like your hair. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was wondering if any natural products can give the hair added body/movement. My hair is usually soft. some parts move sometimes. Mostly in the crown. Again your hair is fantastic.

chezmoi

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 20th January 2011, 2:46 pm

thanks for the compliment Smile

if i understand what your saying then you probably want products with less hold and use styles that stretch the hair like dry twistouts and braidouts.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 20th January 2011, 3:58 pm

chezmoi,
I have type 4 hair that is full, but my individual strands are kind of thin. I find that when I use heavier products to set my twists for a twist out, they give my hair weight so it moves when I move my head and blown in the wind (is this what you mean?). I use Qhemets Amla and Olive Heavy Cream or Darcy's Botanicals Vanilla Styling Cream followed by plain castor oil or Oyin's Burnt Sugar (for shine and frizz control).
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by chezmoi 20th January 2011, 10:46 pm

Freckledmom, Yes! that is exactly what I mean. My strands are fine/thin. So weight is the answer? Thank you for the info and product recommendations.
One.tru.luv I am not familiar with stretching products, any recommendations?

chezmoi

Back to top Go down

Post by one.tru.luv 21st January 2011, 2:24 pm

chezmoi wrote:Freckledmom, Yes! that is exactly what I mean. My strands are fine/thin. So weight is the answer? Thank you for the info and product recommendations.

not stretching products but styles. banding twists and braids can elongate hair. i equate having more length to more movement. i have fine hair as well and anything heavy will weigh it down making it stiff. everyone's hair is different so you'll have to experiment with a variety of products until you find what you are looking for. i advise getting samples until you find what you like.
one.tru.luv
one.tru.luv

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 21st January 2011, 2:49 pm

chezmoi wrote:Freckledmom, Yes! that is exactly what I mean. My strands are fine/thin. So weight is the answer? Thank you for the info and product recommendations.

You are very welcome, but like one.tru.luv said, keep in mind that everyones hair responds differently. Qhemets does offer sample sizes of their products.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down