CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Long Term Protective Styling??

3 posters

Go down

Long Term Protective Styling?? Empty Long Term Protective Styling??

Post by Kthaler10 18th January 2011, 7:42 pm

Hello there everyone! My name is Kendra. I have been natural for 2 years. I did a full transition without cutting or trimming my hair. It is long and healthy and beautifully natural Smile I am Apostolic/Pentecostal cheers so I have a different approach to hair. I don't cut or trim because of my relligious beliefs!

So, with that said- I am new to the curly nikki community Smile I have a quick question for you all!!

I LOVE protective styling but I never keep anything in longer than 7 days because I wash my hair every 7 days. I have seen lots of ladies wear long term protective styles (mini twists, mini braids, etc). What I want to know is, HOW do you keep the hair clean and moisturized without excess frizz??

Thanks I love you
Kthaler10
Kthaler10

http://www.kendrathaler-hair.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Long Term Protective Styling?? Empty Re: Long Term Protective Styling??

Post by coilykinks 18th January 2011, 8:57 pm

Welcome to the Curlynikki community!

I am wearing twists now, and I am in my 2nd week. I will not wash my hair while the twists are in. As far as moisturizing goes, I will rub shea butter throughout my twists and seal the ends. I plan to keep these twists up for 3 weeks (thats a record for me.)

HTH
coilykinks
coilykinks

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 19th January 2011, 4:52 am

Hello and welcome. hope that you find the site as interesting and educating as i do

some people say that if you put your hair in sections and only focus on the scalp when you wash the hair will not get as frizzy. Many also spray hair with spritzers and use light creams to moisturize while in protective styles.

I see that you stated that you do not cut your hair my questions to you are do you have split ends? and if so how do you get them to not continue to damage your hair without cutting them off. I ask this because i am scared to cut my own hair. I also have not really been comfortable to go to some body to cut my hair and not mess it up. I feel that as i went natural it is harder to find a trusted individual that only concentrates on natural that is not a arm in a leg.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kthaler10 19th January 2011, 2:59 pm

Thank you Coilykinks Smile Maybe I will start with a 2 week style and then just work my way up from that point! I totally understand about keeping a style for record time lol.. I think my record time is 2 1/2 weeks. I was dyyyiiing bounce So impatient lol

Priceless! Thank you for the welcome Smile Hmm I had never heard that about sectioning of the hair. I will have to try that. I do know its most important for the scalp to be clean!

I do have split ends but VERY few. When I straighten my hair you can hardly even see them. I have taken extra time and care to moisturize my ends, to carfefully detangle, and use all natural products. I haven't had a trim or cut in almost over 2 years now Very Happy My hair has grown sooo much, its almost unbelievable when I look back on how much it has grown! I have had no problem retaining length.. my split ends have not travelled up and gotten worse. I hope that helps! I mean- of course its your decision what you decide as far as trimming. But I'm a living witness (along with thousands of other apostolic girls) that your hair can stilll grow and look beautifully healthy without trimming and cutting it woot! Just as long as you TAKE CARE of it!!! I hope that helps answer your question!
Kthaler10
Kthaler10

Back to top Go down

Post by priceless 22nd January 2011, 5:48 pm

thanks girly
yes you have answered my questions. I was wondering if the split ends have travelled but i see they have not. I have not had a trim since may and i have notice the growth also. Come to think about i noticed that my own hair has not traveled split ends wise either.
priceless
priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kthaler10 22nd January 2011, 10:39 pm

Yes I am sure MANY would disagree with me- but the proof is in the pudding! Myself along with thousands of other people in my faith have beautiful long hair and never trim or cut Smile I'm glad that answered some questions for you! I have a hair care blog if you want to see more - and other girls who do the same as me! The url is www.kendrathaler-hair.blogspot.com
Kthaler10
Kthaler10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down