CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a Long-Term Sis!

2 posters

Go down

Need a Long-Term Sis! Empty Need a Long-Term Sis!

Post by mahoganytresses 13th September 2010, 5:35 am

Hey ya'll (dang I sound country even when I type!) I've been transitioning since Jan 2010 and dont plan to bc until atleast Jan 2011. I'm looking for someone to help me with hair advice and styling options for these last few months of my transition. I think I'm a 3c-4a with dense, medium textured hair. (looser around perimeter, more tightly coiled in middle). Currently I'm rockin nubian twists and love it, but I plan to take these out in two weeks. I have been styling in flexirod sets but this is starting not to look good on my hair anymore. If anyone is willing to give me advice it would be knowledge very graciously received, but would really love someone that was a long-termer. TIA!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Need a Long-Term Sis! Empty Re: Need a Long-Term Sis!

Post by gettinback2myroots 13th December 2010, 11:07 am

Hi mahoganytresses,
How is your journey going so far? I'm in no position to give advice (looking for a Big Sis myself) but saw your post and our hair textures sounds the same. SO what hs worked for you so far?

gettinback2myroots
gettinback2myroots

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 13th December 2010, 12:16 pm

@ gettinback2myroots

It's still going fairly well. I have more twists in. This time Afro/Fluffy Twists. I plan to bc in Jan depending on how the weather is here. So far the easiest (and laziest!) thing has been to keep my hair is some type of twist extension style. I tried a braidout a while back that turned out fairly well. It was really defined and lasted a couple of days... but then came the rain. Maybe rain is a naturals friend, but not so much for transitioners. I was looking a mess with poofy roots and scraggly ends! How is your transition going so far? How far along are you?
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down