CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

this transition is driving me crazy!

+2
laleepop14
wtfshanee
6 posters

Go down

this transition is driving me crazy! Empty this transition is driving me crazy!

Post by wtfshanee 13th January 2011, 10:27 pm

i'm 10 months in and i planned on BCing around june/july..but i dont think i can wait that long...I am going insane. these two textures are driving me nuts, but i dont like super short hair..and since i cut 5 inches of relaxed hair off in october the back of my hair is shoulder length which means shrinkage to the max. is there anything i can do to achieve that natural texture on the relaxed ends? i feel stuck.
wtfshanee
wtfshanee

https://facebook.com/wtfshanee

Back to top Go down

this transition is driving me crazy! Empty Re: this transition is driving me crazy!

Post by laleepop14 14th January 2011, 1:27 pm

Yeah I totally feel you. I lasted 10 months and then I chopped. I dont think there is anything to achieve that natural texture as far as products but maybe some syles might mask the two textures. Have you tried braid outs, twist outs, anything like that? I know that helped me a lot when transitioning to braid about 6 or 7 cornrows and then take them down in the a.m. once fully dry. A rod set might look cute also, I tried that in transitioning but that does make the hair look short. You can always try to stretch the hair before doign a style which will show some of your length..It does get easier without those ends though. Very Happy
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

this transition is driving me crazy! Empty Re: this transition is driving me crazy!

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 14th January 2011, 2:44 pm

I agree with laleepop. Braid outs and twist outs will be your best bet. I do twist and curls and they usually come out very well. To stretch them some I try to tie them down at night so they dry as straight as possible or bobby pin them down to help stretch. I have found that using ther smallest roller I can find on my striaghter areas helps the 2 textures blend and keep the style looking presentable longer. HTH!!
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by jenerett 15th January 2011, 4:05 am

I've been transitioning for 18 months. I agree that the cornrow braidouts are great. I braid it when its about to 50%+ dry because my hair is thick that way it'll br dry by the morning. Or you can just do the cornrows in the front and single braids in the back. Either way twist ots don't work good on transitioning hair in my opinion.
jenerett
jenerett

Back to top Go down

Post by gotcurls? 15th January 2011, 5:27 pm

bantu knots never let me down! i'm a newbie but when i do a bantu knot out and seal those ugly ends with my hair serum in the morning they look very nice, and curled as so does the rest of my hair (roots) try it! http://www.gotcurls.blogspot.com - my look on bantu knots (: and the products i use
gotcurls?
gotcurls?

http://gotcurls.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 15th January 2011, 8:06 pm

like tiff sugessted is what worked the best for me. when i was transitioning i box braided my hair and when i loosed it out it blended crazily...sadly i permed my hair (BUT THAT IS THE LAST TIME:evil:)...HTH
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down