CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil

3 posters

Go down

How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil Empty How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil

Post by Chelnmike816 11th January 2011, 11:44 am

Hey ladies

I have been battling frizzy dry hair and scalp but i'm stuck at home with no car today.Does anyone know how i can do a oil treatment with oilve oil.If its good or not.(only oil i have right now)

Thanks

Would this help for frizzies?

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil Empty Re: How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil

Post by ChrsLvsBks 11th January 2011, 12:14 pm

You can heat the oil in a hot water bath. I usually place a plastic bottle with the oil in it in a cup of water I have placed in the microwave on high for a minute. I then apply the oil to my scalp and hair including the ends. The oil provides lubrication to the hair, helping soften it so it does not tangle easily. I am not sure if it helps with frizzies. Frizzies could be the result of a few things. These include porosity (amount of moisture your hair retains), split ends, uneven hair lengths and lack of moisture. In order to help mine, I use ACV rinses (less than a tablespoon in two cups of cold water) and rinse out my final conditioner with cold water.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil Empty Re: How to do a oil treatment with Olive Oil

Post by Chelnmike816 11th January 2011, 12:17 pm

Thank you so much for that information.I think i will try both. Which order do you think i should do? Do you just put that ACV mixture in your hair and rince then condition?

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 11th January 2011, 4:56 pm

I did the oilive oil treatment and left it on for 30 minutes and my was and go looks a lil bit better and a lil moisturized.Does anyone have any other tips on how to deep condition or get rid of frizzy hair that has no product on it?

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 13th January 2011, 5:50 pm

You can deep condition under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes; you can deep condition for 2 hours; overnight, etc. Use a moisturizing conditioner, you can add honey and oils if you want. I always add honey to my DC's and oil. I have a heating cap, hooded dryer and I'm waiting on my steamer.

As for frizzy hair with no product - maybe that's the problem. Are you protecting you hair at night? Satin pillow case, satin bonet/scarve.

Is your whole head frizzy or just the ends?
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Chelnmike816 14th January 2011, 2:07 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:You can deep condition under a hooded dryer for 20 minutes; you can deep condition for 2 hours; overnight, etc. Use a moisturizing conditioner, you can add honey and oils if you want. I always add honey to my DC's and oil. I have a heating cap, hooded dryer and I'm waiting on my steamer.

As for frizzy hair with no product - maybe that's the problem. Are you protecting you hair at night? Satin pillow case, satin bonet/scarve.

Is your whole head frizzy or just the ends?

I always sleep with a satin bonnet.Its mostly just frizzy everywhere but very much in the front right out of the shower. I don't know what to do. I did that oil treatment and it did nothing.

Chelnmike816

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down