CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CN twist and curl, have you tried this??

+3
laleepop14
misskris
naturalchic
7 posters

Go down

CN twist and curl, have you tried this?? Empty CN twist and curl, have you tried this??

Post by naturalchic 3rd January 2011, 11:16 pm

Hello Ladies,

I need some advice have you tried CN twist and curl, I tried it an my hair is pretty on top, but the back is cotton like with no curl or movement. I apply gel or water to the back and it curls right up?? Im a little confused, i dont understand why i cant do any kind of twist out, my hair gets extremely frizzy Sad I usually wear two strand twist and my hair loves it but I want to wear my hair out but it has no movement. Any advice or tips, please send my way. Thanks Razz
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

CN twist and curl, have you tried this?? Empty Re: CN twist and curl, have you tried this??

Post by misskris 3rd January 2011, 11:49 pm

Hey Naturalchic. Is your hair short still like in your pofile pic? If so, it's not gonna have that much movement. As for the fuzziness, are you untwisting while the hair is still wet/damp? What product r u using on the TnCs? Your curls look very pretty in your pic. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

CN twist and curl, have you tried this?? Empty Re: CN twist and curl, have you tried this??

Post by naturalchic 4th January 2011, 12:46 am

misskris wrote:Hey Naturalchic. Is your hair short still like in your pofile pic? If so, it's not gonna have that much movement. As for the fuzziness, are you untwisting while the hair is still wet/damp? What product r u using on the TnCs? Your curls look very pretty in your pic. Very Happy

My hair is pretty much the same length as in the picture, however this picture was taken with my only successful twist out. I don't remember what products or how I achieved this look Sad. Since then I have made a conscious effort to figure out what products work for my hair so since that time which was early summer I have been trying to get this look again Sad . I can do twist with eco styler or lock and twist gel and they are pretty curly and stay neat, until i take them apart them all heck breaks loose and the bush comes back with in hours??
naturalchic
naturalchic

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 4th January 2011, 12:25 pm

Where do you live?? The winter weather might be having an effect on your hair also, especially since you said your best twist out was in the summer.

I would suggest maybe using a butter or something moisturizing underneath your gel. The back of my hair is a different texture than the rest. I can literally part my hair from about ear to ear and have a front section of easy to deal with hair and the back section is a beast to deal with.

Just throwing some things out there... I have never tried the CN twist and curl..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybella 5th January 2011, 1:53 pm

I have been wanting to try this for a while, but I think I am going to wait until the summer as I am trying to go into protective styles until at least March.

But how did you dry your hair when you tried the twist and curl? Your hair may not have been dry all the way through and that sometimes results in undefined hair when taken down.

jaybella
jaybella

http://public.fotki.com/lucidbeautyy/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekecurly 7th January 2011, 2:31 am

I usually twist and curl using the Kimmay method on damp not wet hair. She parts her hair in two horizontally and does flat twists and uses AVgel for hold. That may help in giving the bottom of your hair movement because when you flat twist in one long row from top to bottom it loosens.
In addition to frizziness how are you unraveling your hair? I make sure i split my twist directly in the middle to avoid frizziness.
Here is a pic i only flat twisted my bangs tho hth!!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kekecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekecurly 7th January 2011, 2:38 am

oh and one more thing, for the ends she keeps twisting and rolls into a bantu know then pins it with a bobby pin

Kekecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 9th January 2011, 2:43 pm

Naturalchic i have the same problem! the back of my hair is a totally different texture and my tnc always are a mess in the back! Thinking about it, i believe i get better results with a braidout. I was going to suggest flat twists or cornrows going back like kekecurly said. That's what i'm going to try. I think I might try 2 rows maybe 3 twist per row. KeKecurly, how many flat twist does Kimmay use?
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by Kekecurly 10th January 2011, 1:49 am

@patmichele she has about 12 flat twist if you go on her channel you can find. It's called LUVNaturals #2 Hair Inspired by Corinne Bailey Rae

Kekecurly

Back to top Go down

Post by kurlegurl 13th January 2011, 7:49 pm

Has anyone ever tried the TnC with flexi rods? I'm curious to try this style but I want to know if anyone has tried this?
kurlegurl
kurlegurl

Back to top Go down

Post by patmichele 18th January 2011, 4:02 am

I've done it with flexi-rods. I like the look.
patmichele
patmichele

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down