CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cutting ends

+3
dajewel
krenea
NaturalNixon
7 posters

Go down

Cutting ends Empty Cutting ends

Post by NaturalNixon 28th October 2009, 2:17 pm

I BC'ed on 8/14 and curious on how often one should get thier ends trimmed? Do you have to straighten it to cut the ends?
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Cutting ends Empty Re: Cutting ends

Post by krenea 28th October 2009, 2:52 pm

Hey Nixon! I BC'ed on 8/8! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I think the going rate of trimming is every 3-6 months. I'm SO excited about my growth, so I really don't want to trim yet! LOL! I think I'm going to exam my hair at month 4 and see if I can find any split ends; so far, so good. I've been trying to be REALLY good by staying out of my hair, only detangling in the shower w/conditioner, etc. When I do trim, though, I'm going to put my hair in baby twists and clip the ends after it's dry. I saw sheacocoaluv do that on YouTube! I MIGHT blow my hair out and shape it that way, or I might go to a professional my first time around just to see how it's done so I can do it properly from that point on. Let me ask my niece about her trimming regimen...
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 28th October 2009, 3:52 pm

i get my ends trimmed as needed. it could be every 3 or 4 months or even longer...i will get them trimmed this weekend, and it would have been 5-6 months...i usually can tell when my ends needed to be trimmed when they get caught on each other, even while in my two-strand twists
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 28th October 2009, 4:09 pm

Thanks ladies! I am on the 6 months no heat challenge but don't want to stunt my growth with bad ends by waiting that long. It is growing GREAT right now so I hope it stay that way. I think I may have to blow dry it to clip the ends because it is very curly when wet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 28th October 2009, 4:18 pm

oh, you are supposed to get your hair trimmed when dry. i don't blow dry my hair before trimming the ends. in fact, i don't remember the last time my hair was blow dried...maybe a couple of years, but i did used to sit on underneath a dryer to set my two strand twists (but the last time i did that was may or april of this year)
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by satindoll 29th October 2009, 5:01 pm

I usually trim every 6 months or so. I usually trim when my hair is in twists, that way it is stretched and I know how much I'm taking off. I've been doing that since I bc'd 3 years ago. Everyone has a different way they trim, it depends on what works for you
satindoll
satindoll

http://public.fotki.com/buttaflyy23

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th October 2009, 5:09 pm

NaturalNixon wrote:Thanks ladies! I am on the 6 months no heat challenge but don't want to stunt my growth with bad ends by waiting that long. It is growing GREAT right now so I hope it stay that way. I think I may have to blow dry it to clip the ends because it is very curly when wet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Just come over, I'll hook you up.....and I don't get scissor happy.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NaturalNixon 29th October 2009, 9:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tia I love me some you!
NaturalNixon
NaturalNixon

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 29th October 2009, 11:52 pm

NaturalNixon wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Tia I love me some you!
Just call me....after this weekend Smile
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 30th October 2009, 1:47 pm

I snip my own a few times a year. I haven't straightened in two years, so I'm about 100% sure that my hair is incredibly uneven.

My advice:

If you plan to heat style occasionally, get your ends trimmed by a professional, or do it yourself in a very strategic, planned out way (instead of haphazardly grabbing chunks of hair like me). They can cut it curly, or straight, wet or dry, it's your choice.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KinkyQ 9th November 2009, 1:02 am

I trim my ends when they start to get dry and make my hair look dead.

KinkyQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down