CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MissKris' journey update

5 posters

Go down

MissKris' journey update Empty MissKris' journey update

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 12:44 pm

Hey ladies!!!! I hope you all are staying as warm as possible!!! (if it's cold where you are)
So I have been treating my hair WAY better for the past month or so than I have in the past 15 years!! I feel like my hair was in pretty good shape though even when I wasn't purposely carng for it. I only started really trying to take better care of it since I noticed my hair shedding more or breaking....actually I believe it was both. Don't know why though. So I think my hair has slowed down in the shedding/breaking which is a great thing. But now I keep seeing all these pics or these women with this LONG beautiful healthy hair and wish mine would get there over night!!!!! LOL But I know that before I know it, it will be longer and healthier than it is now. And I think it's doing pretty good now. I keep it moisturized much more now and in prtoctive styles as well, which has alos helped me cut down tremendously on pulling out those infamous single strand knots and multi strand knots on the ends of my hair.

So just wanna say thanks to all you ladies who have given me some good tips and info. Keep em comin!!!! Very Happy

afro santa
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

MissKris' journey update Empty Re: MissKris' journey update

Post by Thinice 15th December 2010, 2:30 pm

What do you moisturize with? You should do the castor oil challenge with me through the whole winter. Well I am sure your Atlanta winter is quite different than my Michigan winter. Very Happy. I started a curl street journal too.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 3:06 pm

Hey Thinice. I may extend my time thru the whole winter. I am anxious to see what I'll have after this 1st month passes. If it's good I'll probably continue. Just curious though, why do you only wanna do it thru the winter? Why not thru the Spring and summer??
So actually Atlanta is cold as HECK these past few days. The mornings have been in the teens!!!!! I know it's probably colder up there though. I think todays high is like 34 or something. But ATL is NOT supposed to be this durn cold!!! LOL And yeah I read your journal. Seeing yours is actually why I updated mine!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 15th December 2010, 4:00 pm

Love the new Avi! Is this the main thread? I could have sworn I visited your journal before?
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Thinice 15th December 2010, 7:38 pm

Just curious though, why do you only wanna do it thru the winter? Why not thru the Spring and summer??

I think if I were to do the castor oil in the spring or summer, I would end up being a greasy behind. In the winter, I work 80% in the office and 20% in the field. The spring, summer, and fall, I work 20% in the office and 80% in the field. In the field I wear a hard hat, so I do not want a hard hat full of oil getting on my shirt.
Thinice
Thinice

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 8:41 pm

Ohhh, gotchya Thinice.

@ Sweet, i do have a main thread. I was on it and then clicked on new topic. So I guess I messed that up cuz I wanted to just update it. Oh well. LOL Oh and thanks about the avi. Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 31st December 2010, 5:59 pm

Guess I'll update since folks reminded me about the Curl Street Journals.

So far all is well with my hair. I have been REALLY goot about the PSs and moisture. YAY ME!!! Very Happy The castor oil challenge is going great too with the help of all the other fabulous ladies doing the challenge with me!!! I am hoping to get as much length as possible by the summer time. So specific reason, just wanna!

Now with the new year coming tomorrow, I HAVE to get the rest of me in order too. I need to get back to my workouts and eating healthy to get the rest of the uncomfortable weight off of me. I did SO well losing a lot of the weight I wanted to lose and then got lazy and dumb and gained a lot back!!! Evil or Very Mad I know better so that means I have to DO better!!!

So I wish you all a very happy, prosperous new year. I believe that 2011 will be a great year!!!! Have fun tonight and be safe!!!

drunken dance run woot!
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 1:58 pm

Started the new year off right by getting of the treadmill for 45 minutes and eating cereal for breakfast (w/almost 2 slices of bacon, patted dry). Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 1st January 2011, 2:03 pm

misskris wrote:Started the new year off right by getting of the treadmill for 45 minutes and eating cereal for breakfast (w/almost 2 slices of bacon, patted dry). Smile

Way to get this year started off right!
woot!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 1st January 2011, 2:05 pm

Hey MissKriss-I don't have a CSJ and I don't know if/when I will start one but I'll comment on yours Very Happy . Great job on the treadmill action this morning and eating of the breakfast! I had my regular oatmeal (that's been my ritual now for a little over a month with switch ups in between). A girl on YT would get on the treadmill right after she put on her DT and shower cap and use that as a source of body heat to her head while she ran for extra moisture (just a thought). Way to go! run
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 2:14 pm

Hmm, that's an interesting idea!!! Way to use that body heat!!! LOL I would be afraid that the condish would drip down in my eye cuz I sweat a lot!!!
Thanks to you both!!!!! Very Happy
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by yacoomba 1st January 2011, 2:22 pm

misskris wrote:Hmm, that's an interesting idea!!! Way to use that body heat!!! LOL I would be afraid that the condish would drip down in my eye cuz I sweat a lot!!!
Thanks to you both!!!!! Very Happy

Do you have one of those turban things (if not usually at Ross) you can get a 2 pack for $4.00. Put your shower cap on then the turban and you're good to go. I use the method at home , but I don't have a treadmill and the body heat really makes a difference in my opinion (really moist hair when I take off the shower cap and no drippage)
yacoomba
yacoomba

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 1st January 2011, 8:06 pm

Hey Yacoomba. No I don't have one of those and I don't have a treadmill either. The one I used today is my mom's (at her house for NY) LOL BUt I suppose I would be able to try that while doing other workouts. Kill 2 birds w/one stone!! Smile
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 11th January 2011, 1:03 pm

So all is still good with me. My hair has grown nicely so far and that's definitely a good thing. I think I love this castor oil!!! It seems to have made my roots come in thicker too after that dumb shedding/breakage happened. STILL not sure why but oh well. I guess I never will. So the thickness returning is also a plus!! And I'll be at BSL in no time!! woot!

I have also lost weight since the new year began, almost 8 lbs!!! In 11 days!! Not bad at all!!!! So for anyone reading this, I hope you all are doing well and are finding motivation to get done whatever it is you need to get done!! I think 2011 will be better than 2010!!! For me, it HAS to be!!! LOL

Blessings to you all. run
misskris
misskris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down