CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store brought Henna?

+2
Madeaj
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
6 posters

Go down

Store brought Henna? Empty Store brought Henna?

Post by Mandi'sGoneCurly! 14th December 2010, 1:23 am

So, Saturday I was at my local Natural Foods store and I noticed that they sell Henna powder specifically for hair. It came in variety of colors (blonde--->black and nuetral). I made sure to check the back and it had no additives. I haven't tried Henna yet but I am very eager to but should I trust it?
Mandi'sGoneCurly!
Mandi'sGoneCurly!

Back to top Go down

Store brought Henna? Empty Re: Store brought Henna?

Post by Madeaj 14th December 2010, 3:51 am

True pure henna only comes in red. Sometimes what the box says is blond, brown, black, and neutral henna is really things like cassia, buxus, amla and indigo. Here is a link explaining.Henna for Hair
Mountain Rose Henna

Mountain Rose lists its henna and packages it as specific colors. I have not tried theirs, but I do trust their other products.

I wouldn't say your henna is fake, though because I don't know. What is the brand name? Did you ask about the quality at the store?

Oh by the way, henna mixed with those other herbs is still good. They have their own benefits to hair.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by tljenkins 15th December 2010, 2:28 am

Not sure about this one ateal89. I haven't purchased any from the store but order it from the site Curly Nikki recommened. Since I'm a new henna head, I was to afraid I would end up buying the wrong thing (LOL)!! However, since I've been using henna, it has been great! Once you use it, make sure to share results.
tljenkins
tljenkins

Back to top Go down

Post by misskris 15th December 2010, 6:26 pm

Hey ateal89. I have read on the henna sites that any henna package that says "blonde," "brown" or "black" may have chemicals in it that you do not want to use. Indigo is cool but if it actually has the color name on there they say steer clear of it. www.hennaforhair.com or www.mehandi.com or www.butters-n-bars.com are good companies to buy from. OR if you have an Indian market in your area. Just make sure it's not old. Jamila is a good brand.
misskris
misskris

http://www.earthdust.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 15th December 2010, 6:34 pm

misskris wrote:Hey ateal89. I have read on the henna sites that any henna package that says "blonde," "brown" or "black" may have chemicals in it that you do not want to use. Indigo is cool but if it actually has the color name on there they say steer clear of it. www.hennaforhair.com or www.mehandi.com or www.butters-n-bars.com are good companies to buy from. OR if you have an Indian market in your area. Just make sure it's not old. Jamila is a good brand.

How old is too old? I brought some Jamila recently that was a 2008 batch; it worked really well. Is that too old though?
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 15th December 2010, 10:09 pm

CarlaAr, 2008 batch should not be too old from what I have read and heard. There is an expiration date on henna (or I wouldn't buy it) and as long as you are within that date, it should be okay. Old really speaks to the strength of the dye. As long as it has been protected from the light and air, and within the date, you should have good dye uptake. Another good site is hennasooq.com .

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down