CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IntelligentBeauty;-)

+50
missmoriah
deeply_rooted_chick
FemmeFox
NubieNatty
tiffyd
p_nuttie43
SisterBoyd
TheRYL1
StephanieB
newcurlieque
Mz. Thang
curlyboricua
SimplyShainee
neethair
blondie
KeishaMac
TerraD
Pinkrage
bholmes87
mrsmackey
CocaColaCutie
A85
MahoganyCurls
KinkyNappyHappy
Kurlikinkiklassic
adiaha
MsJay1121
Miss CurlyT
BlondeByDesire
Courtney
Serenity23
SheeTacular
krenea
traveljunkie08
Juices-n-Berries
curlmixtress
sweetdrk1
tiashaunteƩ
dajewel
Freestyles
curly+kinky+fierce
Lynnieluve
Kea::curls
HumanNature
Blackbeauty
AfrikanLatina
ChrsLvsBks
Winnielours
Corygentri
Intelligentbeauty
54 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Empty Re: IntelligentBeauty;-)

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2010, 9:34 am

MahoganyCurls wrote:
Intelligentbeauty wrote:"............what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?"
Psalms 8:4

GOOD TUESDAY AM:

I feel good this morning. I was able to do my first wash n go last night into this morning and went to work with it cheers I love the fact that it took me all of 15-20 mins to actually do my hair. LOVE THAT!!!
I am truly proud of my curls and I know as time goes on and with the right products my hair can look amazing.
So this is what I did last night:

-Prepoo with a new oil called MAHABHRINGRAJ oil. (I absolutely love it. I even love the smell better than Vataki oil. It's a bigger bottle for about the same price and has chock full of divine ingredients in it. I will show a pick later. It's is known as a hair growth oil.)

-Rinsed out with water, but truthfully could have left it in. Wasn't a heavy greasy feeling like Vataki oil.

-Then tried to cowash with Devaone condish but hair didn't feel clean so I added my special face wash as shampoo for a nice clean feeling. (Devaone use to work for me. This is the second time I tried it and it does nothing for my hair. I am all out now so I will not repurchase.)

-Next I used AOHSR condish with EVOO as my DC. However I really didn't leave it in long. Just long enough for me to take care of my other shower needs.

-Rinsed out (forgot to use cold water) then applied Suave naturals coconut condish on soaking wet hair and then scrunched. It's funny because even though I have never done a WnG. I had the urge to shake and did briefly ) Laughing (I also had to eventually re wet a section in the back of my hair because a glob of condish was on it.)

-I stepped out the shower then placed clips with gel in front and pulled some curls down then let air dry.

Results:
I liked it. I can see alot I can eventually do with it, in terms of styling. I can also see the potenital of having amazing hair with it.
Realized I need to try it with gel/some type of styler for the control of frizz.
Once it was totally dry, I didn't like it as much. I believe that gel/styler will help that. I eventually re-sprayed it in the morning hours and did a slight puff.

Others Reactions:

My husband liked the style but he said he doesn't want to see my hair like that. However, I believe that will change once I get the moisture level where it needs to be for more curls and length. Also my husband is not into afros of any type at all. So he will eventually adjust.

My non-black coworkers, as soon as I walked in the department, were complimenting me like crazy. I was shocked. Shocked One even said she smells my coconut condish and she loves the smell.

Stranger: One Hispanic women middle aged (thick spanish accent) was in awe of my hair. She asked me "Is that your hair?" I thought I didn't hear right so I asked her to repeat herself Laughing She repeated herself and I said "yes". She went on to say" your hair is beautiful and I love the color." I think she wanted to touch it but I was moving toward the door so she didn't get a chance ask. Laughing

THANKS AGAIN TO MC FOR BRINGING THIS NEW METHOD TO THIS FORUM'S ATTENTION!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD CURLY WORK...((HUGS))

I WILL POST PICS LATER.
HAVE A TREMENDOUS TUESDAY LADIES!!!

Awww! You're welcome! Your husband will come around. Just keep wearing your hair out, eventually he will get used to it, and love it! Sometimes it takes them a little longer to adjust...it will be okay. I am happy that you were pleased. Once I see your pictures, maybe I can suggest a few tips for you, so it can dry the way you want it to dry. I am happy your coworkers love it too! That is AWESOME!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_biggrin

I am sure the pictures are going to be FAB!

Oh thank you so much MC. Any tips would be beneficial.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MsJay1121 16th March 2010, 11:51 am

Yay! Can't wait to see the WnG pics!

And your husband will grow to love it. My hubs has serious HIF syndrome ever since I've been doing the Accordion method; had his hands in my WnG all last night because he had to touch and tell me how soft it was and it smelled like vanilla and peppermint (my new BnB shea). It was nice but....

I took my bonnet off and woke up to a frizz ball!!!! Ah, the power of water!
MsJay1121
MsJay1121

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 16th March 2010, 12:21 pm

CurlieCutes1121 wrote:Yay! Can't wait to see the WnG pics!

And your husband will grow to love it. My hubs has serious HIF syndrome ever since I've been doing the Accordion method; had his hands in my WnG all last night because he had to touch and tell me how soft it was and it smelled like vanilla and peppermint (my new BnB shea). It was nice but....

Lol! Yes, i think my husband is feeling my wash n gos now too! Because he will not get off of me! He is always trying to cuddle and stuff and I know he is feeling my hair bc he did the same thing when i rollerset it. Friday, he was like, I like your hair jess! It is a good look.. (He usually make fun of my wash n gos and say they look jhericurlish!-uggh IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_evil )

IB- trust me, he will come around!
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by KeishaMac 16th March 2010, 4:03 pm

IB: I have attempted WNGs, but I think that my hair just looks to jheri curl-like (like MC says). Esp. with that back part hanging down...can you say "Soul Glo"??? LOL! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_razz I may have to try it again when I get my moisture balance right. I washed my hair last night and did some flat twists with bantu knots at the ends. I think I may have to hold off on the mini twists until next weekend because I have a test on Friday and another test next week Thursday. Girl, I cannot wait to be done with grad school! (May 2nd, here I come!) But I will definitely post some pics when I do the style (just for you). IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_biggrin We need pics of this WNG! I log on just about everyday to see your progress. I think I'm addicted to CN.com!
KeishaMac
KeishaMac

Back to top Go down

Post by bholmes87 16th March 2010, 7:37 pm

Yay for the wash n go!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_razz
I would love to see some pictures.
bholmes87
bholmes87

http://fotki.com/bholmes87

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2010, 8:18 pm

I hope he will grow to love it. He made a comment today. "You got your shape back and then turned African on me"..... IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_lol . Pray for him IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_lol

MahoganyCurls wrote:

Lol! Yes, i think my husband is feeling my wash n gos now too! Because he will not get off of me! He is always trying to cuddle and stuff and I know he is feeling my hair bc he did the same thing when i rollerset it. Friday, he was like, I like your hair jess! It is a good look.. (He usually make fun of my wash n gos and say they look jhericurlish!-uggh IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_evil )

IB- trust me, he will come around!

I hope so ladies!!

KeishaMac wrote:IB: I have attempted WNGs, but I think that my hair just looks to jheri curl-like (like MC says). Esp. with that back part hanging down...can you say "Soul Glo"??? LOL! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_razz I may have to try it again when I get my moisture balance right. I washed my hair last night and did some flat twists with bantu knots at the ends. I think I may have to hold off on the mini twists until next weekend because I have a test on Friday and another test next week Thursday. Girl, I cannot wait to be done with grad school! (May 2nd, here I come!) But I will definitely post some pics when I do the style (just for you). IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_biggrin We need pics of this WNG! I log on just about everyday to see your progress. I think I'm addicted to CN.com!

Oh congrats on graduate school graduation coming up. Nice accomplishment.
Thank you for checking on my progress everyday. That is sweet.

bholmes87 wrote:Yay for the wash n go!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_razz
I would love to see some pictures.

Posting pics right now.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 16th March 2010, 8:29 pm

I know Im super duper late but congrats on your BC. You look great!!!
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Empty FIRST WASH N GO AFTER BC

Post by Intelligentbeauty 16th March 2010, 8:33 pm

THANKS Adiaha IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_smile

HERE ARE MY PICS:

SOAKING WET AND THE 2ND PIC IS WHERE I PUT TOO MUCH CONDISH IN ONE SPOT IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_lol
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t10IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t11IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t12IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t13

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t14IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t15

IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t16

ABOUT 75 PERCENT DRY
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t17IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t18
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t19

THE ABOVE AND BELOW PICS IS 95 PERCENT DRY
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t20

HERE IS THE PONY PICK BECAUSE I DIDN'T LIKE IT WHEN TOTALLY DRY:
IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Alma_t23

I THINK NEXT TIME AROUND I WILL RAKE PRODUCTS IN MY HAIR THEN SCRUNCH.

MC TIPS PLEASE!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_biggrin

Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by adiaha 16th March 2010, 8:55 pm

Beautiful head of curls. I have tons of hair envy after perusing this board.
adiaha
adiaha

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 17th March 2010, 12:01 am

I missed visiting yesterday. I am glad you are feeling better. Learning our hair can be tedious yet rewarding. You have received lots of good advice.

I will pray for your husband. Get shape back African comment *tsk *tsk. Husbands can be something else.

I see lots of curls in your WnG. You will soon see the results you expect.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 17th March 2010, 12:06 am

Your wash n go looks good. Those curls in the back are pop, pop, popping!! I see a few perm ends still hanging in there. I just snipped mine as I saw them. I guess I would say it took me about 2 weeks to get rid of all my perm ends.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 12:07 am

adiaha wrote:Beautiful head of curls. I have tons of hair envy after perusing this board.

ChrsLvsBks wrote:I missed visiting yesterday. I am glad you are feeling better. Learning our hair can be tedious yet rewarding. You have received lots of good advice.

I will pray for your husband. Get shape back African comment *tsk *tsk. Husbands can be something else.

I see lots of curls in your WnG. You will soon see the results you expect.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 12:09 am

Lynnieluve wrote:Your wash n go looks good. Those curls in the back are pop, pop, popping!! I see a few perm ends still hanging in there. I just snipped mine as I saw them. I guess I would say it took me about 2 weeks to get rid of all my perm ends.

Thanks Lynn. Yes, I see those permed ends too. I hate them so. I have been clipping and clipping and clipping since the BC. What a process! Laughing
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by sweetdrk1 17th March 2010, 12:14 am

Ok clearly I fell asleep at the wheel!! You did it!!! cheers You hubby will come around, and I think it looked great. Practice makes perfect...I love it now, and I wasn't so confident when I first did it! wooooo hoooo you are workin that BC!! I love it!
sweetdrk1
sweetdrk1

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?ref=profile&a

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 17th March 2010, 12:17 am

sweetdrk1 wrote:Ok clearly I fell asleep at the wheel!! You did it!!! cheers You hubby will come around, and I think it looked great. Practice makes perfect...I love it now, and I wasn't so confident when I first did it! wooooo hoooo you are workin that BC!! I love it!

Thanks Sweet. I said this on your thread too. But I need to say it again, I love the new avatar.
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by MahoganyCurls 17th March 2010, 5:26 am

Hey!
I think your hair turned out good! I can see what you were talking about, when you said the top of your hair isnt as defined.

Okay,
This is what I think you should do:(This is for you-i made a few changes..)

Step in the shower (make sure you have time)

Stand under the shower like you are under a water fall, just let the water pressure hit your hair. Do not distort your hair, let the natural curls hang

Your hair should be VERY wet now

Take a good amount of conditoner- dont be stingy with it, it will not hurt your hair...you can use a cheapie conditoner if you do not want to go through your good stuff-it is up to you. ( A little more than a quarter size). Make sure that hair is drenched! Lol!

Rub your palms together. Apply to the canopy, the part most exposed...starting at the edges all the way to the ends in a squishing motion. Do not rake. Just squish through.

Now, get the same amount and apply it to the nape area (all in the back) reaching your ends. Again, in a squishing motion.

Now, do the same thing to the left and right side.

Shower, etc...you want the product to sit.

Touch your hair, it should feel really slick, and slimy like, kinda like seaweed.

If it feels this way you are good, if not you need more product. The more you do this, the less product you will use. I am so serious, I dont even use that much product anymore.

Okay, if it feels like seaweed, gently start detangling..starting at the nape begining at the ends and working your way up to the roots. Do not rush it, wet hair is fragile. Keep raking the product through, gently rake the product all over your hair. You will rake the canopy last.

Okay, once you feel like the product is in pretty well, I want you to take a little bit more conditioner and add it to your canopy...just a little.

******NOW****** take your hands and smooth your hair like your are making a low pony tail, this will smooth the curls. Your hair should feel very squishy...do it twice.**********

Turn the shower on. Make sure the water is cool. Step under the shower and let it spray your hair for 3-5 seconds. I like to count out loud...i know weird...lol!

Now, if you have hang your hair should feel a little weighed down...

I want you to take about a nickle size amount of gel rub it in your palms.

start scrunching- left side, back, right side, back- you should feel the water coming out of your hair- remember do not ball your fists while scrunching, just keep your palms out.

take another small amount of gel- about a dime size rub your palms together. Flip your hair over and start scrunching the canopy. Gently up and down, up and down...when you feel it is scrunched pretty well (I do not scrunch it too long, just enough to get the curls forming). Stand up...(you can rinse your body if it has product over it..lol) and step out of the shower.

You can style your part, edges, etc, the way you want to style it.

Take a paper towel when you feel that you are satified with the position of your hair and in the same scrunching motion, blot your hair, so it can remove the excess water and conditoner..do it gently. The only thing you will omit is flipping your hair over to blot it dry..skip the canopy, i find it dries faster.

The paper towels will help with drying time and absorb the water and product faster. Do not shake. Look at your hair, get dressed and allow to dry.

NOTE: Your hair may dry a little stiff, this is okay, the gel formed a crystalized cast over your curls giving them hold. When it is 100% dry you can scrunch out the crunch (SOTC) the same way you did it earlier to remove the cast. I wouldnt do it a lot. You can even add a little oil to your hands before you do it, to give it a little shine.

I really hope it works! Remember you have to rake the product through and make sure it is in your hair well for it to work. The more you do it, the easier it will get! I hope this helps!

Sidenote: As for your husband, men can be so rude sometimes. I know they may not mean harm, but sometimes deep down it hurt us and make us feel like we are not attractive to them. Especially when going natural. Believe it or not, my husband did me the same way. He helped me cut my hair when I BC'd but after, while my hair started to grow out and it looked a little weird he starting saying crazy ish!

Good Example: Last february (right after I BC'd) I had a breast reduction (previously a 32DD). When I came back home from my 7 day hospital stay, my breast were very tight and knotty...they didnt drop yet, so I appeared to be very "flat". My husband was sitting ont he couch and told me that I looked like a boy.

"He said, damn Jess, you cut all your hair, and now your cut your breast!" I am not gonna lie that pissed me off and it hurt my feelings. Men can be so insensitve. I dont think they realize it either. But believe me, I let him have it. He later apologized, but he was wrong.

Some black men have a hard time adjusting to natural hair. Another incident with my husband. He told me after we were watching Chris Rock's Good Hair Movie That our hair looks better straight and flowy. That Nig, excuse my language (getting kinda heated) had the audacity to fix his mouth and say that black ppl shouldnt go natural. I cursed his behind out too! That was last year, still rocking a TWA, I was crying and cursing! Lol! I told him that I was gonna put his butt on blast on YouTube so my subbies can eat him alive!!! I was really gonna make that video. I couldnt believe my ears, I am like, hold on? You helped me, and told me you were fine, now that is here, you have a problem with it. GTFOH!

He was like, it wasnt nothing wrong with your hair relaxed, now you are all natural and Afro centric and stuff, (I dont have anyting against afro centric ppl, but I am far from Afro centric...).

He then went on to say that he likes hair that reminds him of an
AKA... (you know how they swing their hair) he said i didnt look like an AKA...(he is a Kappa)..that blew my mind, I wanted to slap the color off of him! LOL!!!! IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_mad IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_evil I was like are you really serious?!?!?! You are wildin!

I told him that there are plenty of men that would love me and my natural hair! That shut him up! Again, he apologized and said how he have to adjust and he doesnt hate my hair, it is just a big adjustment to him.

I reassured him that it is just hair and it will grow and this is how we are supposed to look. I still did my thing, but he was going off!

After that BIG INCIDENT he was fine, he started coming around even telling me how he loved my hair...BUT...

He lost it again when I decided to rollerset my hair. When I decided to ditch the straight hair bc i couldnt take it anymore, he tripped. I guess he assumed I was gonna keep it straight forever. He was like, Jess the curly hair isnt a good look for you! No he didn't!!!!! I went off on him! I was like excuse me?!?!?!?

Him: why cant you just keep your hair straight?
Me: BC I DONT effin want too!
Him: When you were relaxed I didnt have to go through this
Me: Go through what?
Him: The products, the hair boards, you doing your hair everyday.
Me: Whatever, I am not relaxing my hair. When hell freezes over I might.
Him: So you are gonna keep your hair curly all the time now?
Me: Yep!
Him: why can't i get variety, i had to shave your head, and watch it be all short and stuff...(lol)
Me: Well, that is what happens when you bc...my hair doesnt grow overnight..
Him: Well can I see it straight sometimes?
Me: yes, you can..1x per year
Him: I am tired of talking about your hair
Me: I think my curly hair is a good look
HIm: No its not, it looks like a jhericurl
Me: I cant remember what I said at that point I know I just lost it then...lol!!!!!

At the end we made up and he said that he really likes my hair, he just miss the straight hair sometimes, I of course forgave him, bc I have to look at it from his perspective: I met him with long relaxed hair...during our marriage-kept it the same way, then i decided to go natural, didnt want to transition and went brittney spears on him..he has seen a lot. But I also, made it clear that at the end of the day it is MY HAIR and I will do what I want to do with it. And if he is that superficial he is with the wrong person. Of course, he doesnt want to leave me..we love each other too much.

But men are a trip. Sometimes they just dont get it. Ever since we had that last convo, we have been good. He did say this: Jess, can I make a suggestion? I love your natural hair, I really do, but can you try to practice your wash n gos (yes he knows natural hair lingo IntelligentBeauty;-) - Page 40 Icon_smile ) so they dont look so jhericurlish, it doesnt look bad, but i think you are using too much product or something...I took what he said without getting upset.

Thanks to him, I started practicing my WnGs and reread Curly Girl and decided to follow the Accordion technique. Now, I love my wash n gos and appearently he does too! He cant keep his hands out of my hair.

But that is not the point. I just want to let you know, that men will say things that they do not mean to say, or they will try to say stuff about your natural bc they miss the relaxer in hopes of you going back to it...that is just the way they are from my observation. It is not that they do not love you or think you are pretty, they just want their way, and may have a hard time to adjust. Give him time, when he say those things, just laugh it off, even if it does hurt a little, (BC in a few years he will be eating those words! Trust me!)..

your hair is beautiful and so are you!

Sorry so long!

Love,
Jess

-------

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=2934

Last edited by MahoganyCurls on 17th March 2010, 7:53 am; edited 2 times in total
MahoganyCurls
MahoganyCurls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum