CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Salon/Stylist Break-Up

+2
Ambitious_Tiff
Jazzyrin
6 posters

Go down

Salon/Stylist Break-Up Empty Salon/Stylist Break-Up

Post by Jazzyrin 3rd December 2010, 1:22 am

So last week I went to a salon after doing my own hair for a year. When I was relaxed I had the same hair stylist for about 5 years. I didn't cut my hair within this past year at all so I thought it was the appropriate time for a trim. This is what I wanted; a simple wash n roller set w/ a deep condition. I brought all my own products and the stylsit laughed at me claiming I didnt need all "that stuff". She then directed me to a display of mizani products telling me I need to use this. She also said that I need to come back to her every other week again and get my hair pressed. I dont know where she got this idea from when Ive told her that I only wear my hair curly and this is just a one time thing.

So she washed my hair with the shampoo that she wanted to which was mizani most likely with sls. And refused to use any of my products. I dont know why I didnt say anything but I have been goin to her for so long I just let it slide. Then when it was time for the roller set she started plaiting my hair when I asked her what she was doing she said "oh it will be easier this way". So I'm thinking easier for what? Then she brings me to her chair and turns the blow dryer on, didnt even put a heat protectant on my hair. I clearly said I wanted a WASH AND SET not WASH AND BLOW. She said "girl you know a wash n set isnt going to do anything for your hair". I guess she was implying that my hair is too nappy to get straight with a wash and set??. It came out straight after an hour of blowdrying but I am not happy with the process at all.

When I want another trim what should I do?? Should I tell her how I feel or just not go back?? Where do I go from there?? I'm open to any suggestions in the 5 borough's/ Long Island Area.
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Salon/Stylist Break-Up Empty Re: Salon/Stylist Break-Up

Post by Ambitious_Tiff 3rd December 2010, 4:43 pm

I would try to find another stylist. It didn't even seem like she was interested in what you were trying to achieve for YOUR hair. If you do go back, don't compromise. Be very specific in what you want done and if she does it maybe tip better than usual. Money is a powerful motivator. Maybe you can give her a call now and tell her how it made you feel. It just does seem like she was receptive to what you wanted. scratch
Ambitious_Tiff
Ambitious_Tiff

Back to top Go down

Post by CSI 3rd December 2010, 5:35 pm

Are you kidding me? There is no way I would go back to her. If you go back she will assume that you like her style and that she obviously knows what's best for YOU. NO WAY!!! My own personal feeling is that if I'm going to wear my hair curly then I want it cut while in that state. I go to Salons that do just that. If you go to Naturallycurly.com they have a tab that you can click on for suggestions of Stylists depending on where you live and what you want. You can read the reviews on the stylists as well as their experience and all. and remember, you get what you pay for Smile If the person isn't natural, there is NO way they will be able to give you what you want. It's like planting seeds for oranges and expecting to reap apples....impossible!

CSI

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 3rd December 2010, 5:48 pm

When I want another trim what should I do??

Why would you let someone who doesn't respect you come near your head with scissors??? Her attitude towards you is a deal breaker.
She wants to do what is easier for her and does not care what you want.
Take your money elsewhere before she does some irreversible damage.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by QuirkyCurly 3rd December 2010, 6:23 pm

She gets the boot. period.

I wouldn't want to give ANYONE my hard-earned money who doesn't want to do my hair the way I asked them to. If your're paying someone to do your hair then darn-it they should do it exactly the way you asked them to.
QuirkyCurly
QuirkyCurly

Back to top Go down

Post by LetMeFixMyHurr 3rd December 2010, 6:36 pm

Turn around and dont look back!

She was trying to cut corners and didnt want to put in the work!
LetMeFixMyHurr
LetMeFixMyHurr

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 4th December 2010, 1:38 am

thanks guys!! now im on the search for a natural hairstylist im sure it wont be an easy one
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 4th December 2010, 11:16 am

now im on the search for a natural hairstylist im sure it wont be an easy one
Good for you! You became an "inconvenient woman" to your former stylist because you were no longer a regular($$$) and your hair has outgrown her skill set.
Check out these links on this forum. I included the meet-up link because you may be able to find curlies in your area that can recommend stylists.

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/natural-hair-salons-f22/

http://www.curlynikki.forumotion.com/curly-meet-ups-f12/

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzyrin 4th December 2010, 1:16 pm

thanks falcontress!
Jazzyrin
Jazzyrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content