CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community...

4 posters

Go down

Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community... Empty Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community...

Post by curl_Gurl 1st December 2010, 3:21 pm

http://thenaturalhaven.blogspot.com/2010/12/have-you-reached-impass-with-your-hair.html

original thread post
http://bglhonline.com/2010/11/reader-comments-i-went-natural-now-why-wont-my-hair-retain-length/

Please share your thoughts or feelings about the discussions.

I thought it was very interesting, everyone has their own views, opinions and beliefs.
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community... Empty Re: Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community...

Post by Lynnieluve 1st December 2010, 3:43 pm

I agree with TheNaturalHaven. My hair is in twist about 90-95% of the time and I have had great growth. My hair is longer than I can ever remember it being.

I have a friend that has been natural 5 yrs and she is amazed at how fast my hair grew. It is as long as hers. She always wear her hair out and color it at least twice a year if not more.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community... Empty Re: Would love to hear the opinions of the CN community...

Post by KinkyNappyHappy 1st December 2010, 4:29 pm

I must agree with TheNaturalHaven as well. I have the perfect example to share.

First look at Lynn's hair. When I first join CN she had a TWA; however, she kept her hair twisted all the time. I mean she only let Roxie out for a minute...and now look at her growth.

Now....look at my hair. Now, when I did my big chop I had about 3 inches in the top and 4 inches along the sides and back. Now please note that my hair grew 6 inches within the last 365 days, so I should have about 9 to 10 inches all over right. NOT...I have about 5 inches along the sides and back and about 4 to 4 1/2 inches in the front and top. I contribute that to the fact that I didn't like the look of my twists, so I wore puffs about 90% of the time and this summer I played with several different products trying to acheive the perfect washNgo.

So guess what? I'm a little irritated with myself, but I've learned a great leason and I'm moving on to taking better care of my hair. I'm wearing twists now about 5 days of the week and only letting my hair out 2 days out of 7. Very Happy
KinkyNappyHappy
KinkyNappyHappy

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 1st December 2010, 4:44 pm

Since my hair is on the finer side, I really have to be careful how I handle my hair. I no longer do daily WnGs because all that detangling isn't good for it. Even after 8 years, I still have a lot of learning to do. I wear my hair out 98% of the time, but I no longer mess around with it daily like I used to.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by curl_Gurl 1st December 2010, 7:00 pm

Thanks ladies for your comments . I can't fully comment b/c I feel like as a recent transitioner and now a newbie to the TWA World(hair is currently in a protective style and will be until it grows out of the TWA stage)my past experiences don't count b/c at the time I was not 100% natural. But with that said i can't wait to see how the protective styling and the no heat regimen will positively affect my hair vs. WNGs, heat and constant manipulation.

I know that in my relaxed days my hair grow faster when I had sew-ins and other protective styling, but the heat never affected the growth or thickness of my hair although i only got my hair flat ironed every2 weeks I'm not sure if one would consider that constant heat or not. But the relaxer did slightly thin my hair out over the years, but it was only noticeable to me, others couldn't notice b/c i have extremely thick hair. So, I'm looking forward to this journey and learning from my other fellow curlies so i can successfully grow healthy thick long hair;) Thanks again ladies!
curl_Gurl
curl_Gurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down