CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN

+27
jonesskm
BlakButterfli
Corygentri
Miss BL
NaturallySweet09
iri9109
Tracee214
sweetdrk1
meeksj1
pandzz
NylaCoils
SisterBoyd
lexibugg004
akaprincess00
ChrsLvsBks
YesMAM
bella gee
kinksncoils
natural83
laleepop14
simara0507
Lynnieluve
BlondeByDesire
traveljunkie08
MissFierce21
naturallydestined
TruNatural
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN Empty GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN

Post by TruNatural 29th November 2009, 1:08 pm

Has anyone notice any changes to your hair using this product. My hair has been so in love with this product but I notice lately its not liking it. They made some changes to the ingredients and I feel a big difference in my hair. I'm now in search of another leave in.
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN Empty Re: GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN

Post by naturallydestined 29th November 2009, 4:03 pm

I love it! Haven't noticed any changes yet. What kind are you having?
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by TruNatural 29th November 2009, 5:00 pm

@naturallydestined, My hair has become very dry now and I looked at the ingredients and it now has Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) leaf juice as the second item on the list of ingredients. I don't think my hair likes Aloe Vera, I remember using another product that had aloe vera in it and my hair became dry.
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallydestined 30th November 2009, 6:14 am

Ok. Aloe is used in so many products today but I have recently read that aloe can be drying if used routinely. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've discovered that my hair doesn't like Shea butter as a moisturizer/sealant. Even a small portion is too heavy for my hair. Hope you find a great alternative.

Oh, your hair looks beautiful, BTW. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
naturallydestined
naturallydestined

http://members.fotki.com/NaturallyDestined/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by MissFierce21 30th November 2009, 10:53 am

Thanks for the update bc this is my second bottle and both of the ingredients are different, although the second bottle seem to be more natural. However, I haven't used the one with the aloe vera gel yet, and now I'm afraid to.
MissFierce21
MissFierce21

Back to top Go down

Post by traveljunkie08 30th November 2009, 2:03 pm

@Cassandria: If you live near a Marshall's or TJ Maxx, check them out and see if they have the old formula. I've seen it at some of them here in St. Louis.
traveljunkie08
traveljunkie08

Back to top Go down

Post by TruNatural 30th November 2009, 6:13 pm

@traveljunkie08. Thank you for that suggestion. Yes I live near a Marshall's, I will check it out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by TruNatural 30th November 2009, 6:16 pm

naturallydestined wrote:Ok. Aloe is used in so many products today but I have recently read that aloe can be drying if used routinely. Don't know if that makes a difference or not. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] I've discovered that my hair doesn't like Shea butter as a moisturizer/sealant. Even a small portion is too heavy for my hair. Hope you find a great alternative.

Oh, your hair looks beautiful, BTW. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thank you naturallydestined for this information and thank you for the compliment.
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 1st December 2009, 4:42 pm

I wanna try this.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 4th December 2009, 12:03 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Giovanni Direct Leave In!!!!! I gave my last bottle to my sister in law for my niece. It works really well with coconut oil. I have to purchase some more and my first stop will be Marshalls and TJMaxx!! Thanks for the tidbit Traveljunkie08!
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by simara0507 6th December 2009, 11:30 am

BlondeByDesire wrote:I wanna try this.

I can't wait to try this for my daughter as well.
simara0507
simara0507

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 7th December 2009, 5:22 pm

I just bought this one and the 50:50 conditioner.. Cannot wait to go home and have a hair day...

Lynnieluve u said it works well with coconut oil, do you just mix some conditionere and some coconut oil and that's the mixture? Just curious as I have never made an at home product, but would love to start trying...

Thanks in advance...
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 7th December 2009, 6:46 pm

@Laleepop - I apply the Giovanni to my hair first, then put the coconut oil on top of it.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by laleepop14 7th December 2009, 6:48 pm

Ahhh okay!!! Thanks a lot. I was just trying to think of new ways or anyway to use it ...Tonight is hair day if I can finish my homework and get my daughter to bed at a reasonable time.. I will let you know my results. I have to go get soem coconut oil first.

Thanks again..
laleepop14
laleepop14

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 15th December 2009, 3:12 am

Where can I find the Giovanni Direct Leave-In? And also, I think Im going to shampoo my hair once this month and I know CurlyNikki recommends one of the shampoos from the Giovanni line...does anyone know which one it was?
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by kinksncoils 15th December 2009, 5:11 am

I like the Giovanni Direct leave-in. Ive had good results with it. I also dilute it with water, and use it as braid spray when my hair is in braids (with extensions) as opposed to using other spray's and it works well that way too.

kinksncoils

Back to top Go down

Post by TruNatural 15th December 2009, 8:59 am

Well I didn't give up on my giovanni Direct leave-In and now my hair is responding nicely. I don't know what happened at first but now it's all good now. Yay! I really do love this conditioner!
TruNatural
TruNatural

Back to top Go down

Post by bella gee 15th December 2009, 10:21 am

don't know if this has been mentioned by Wal-Mart has an 'organic' Health & Beauty section now...and they have the whole line of Giovanni....and others like Alba etc.
bella gee
bella gee

http://public.fotki.com/BellaGee/

Back to top Go down

Post by YesMAM 16th December 2009, 12:27 pm

I use all the Giovanni products (well almost all): Direct Leave-In, Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner, and Hydrating Conditioner for Deep Conditioning. I need to buy some oils though. Which do yall recommend? Coconut? Olive? Jojoba? Etc.
YesMAM
YesMAM

Back to top Go down

GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN Empty Oils

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 12:47 pm

YesMAM wrote:I use all the Giovanni products (well almost all): Direct Leave-In, Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner, and Hydrating Conditioner for Deep Conditioning. I need to buy some oils though. Which do yall recommend? Coconut? Olive? Jojoba? Etc.
@YesMAM, I love your avatar. You are a beautiful lady! I recommend them all. If you were to chose one, I recommend coconut oil (organic, virgin, unrefined--not sure if all will be on the label). Coconut oil has been studied and shown to actually penetrate the hair's cuticle while jojoba, I have read, does not penetrate into the hair.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by YesMAM 16th December 2009, 12:51 pm

@ChrsLvsBks: Thanks! I'm trying to grow my hair out long like yours though. But I do LOVE my TWA. But, I hear coconut is the best too. I think that's what I'm going to buy.
YesMAM
YesMAM

Back to top Go down

GIOVANNI DIRECT LEAVE-IN Empty 50:50 Conditioner

Post by ChrsLvsBks 16th December 2009, 12:51 pm

laleepop14 wrote:I just bought this one and the 50:50 conditioner.. Cannot wait to go home and have a hair day...

Lynnieluve u said it works well with coconut oil, do you just mix some conditionere and some coconut oil and that's the mixture? Just curious as I have never made an at home product, but would love to start trying...

Thanks in advance...

The 50:50 makes a great DC. Have you tried it yet? If so, what are your thoughts?
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by akaprincess00 19th December 2009, 10:19 pm

I may be a little late but this is my HG conditioner. I mix it with water in a spray bottle & use it almost nightly when I re-twist my hair. I also use coconut oil to seal my ends. It's a beautiful combination. I get tons of compliments on how soft & shiny my hair looks & feels. I even give out bottles to newbies. I usually clear the shelf when I run across it at TJMaxx & Marshalls. I've been using this non-stop for about 3-4 months now.
akaprincess00
akaprincess00

Back to top Go down

Post by lexibugg004 29th December 2009, 1:29 pm

i also found my Giovanni at Marshall's (packaging changes), and my hair loves it but i noticed that if i get a little lazy with regular washing after a few days it is crunchy and frighteningly dry, or if i us it to style my hair while it is dry,the same thing occurs. so i am still debating wether or not i should continue purchasing it and see if this can be remedied by add something else to the mix, or if i should move on! i know it sounds silly to even debate the continued use of a product that leaves my hair in this condition, but it only feels this way if there is more than a week between washes, i was also using the blow dryer to stretch out my twist out, often!! before it dries out my hair feels soft and luscious, and moisturized!!! so it could be user error and not necessarily the product!!! (for me)
lexibugg004
lexibugg004

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterBoyd 30th December 2009, 1:31 am

I haven't tried it but I will soon!
SisterBoyd
SisterBoyd

https://www.youtube.com/sisterboyd, www.blackplanet.com/sisterboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content