CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ?

5 posters

Go down

can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ? Empty can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ?

Post by yazzieg 21st November 2010, 5:48 pm

If you use henna can it nake your hair look heat damaged

yazzieg

Back to top Go down

can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ? Empty Re: can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ?

Post by CarlaAR 22nd November 2010, 2:41 pm

It doesn't for me. I had heat damaged hair at one time (years ago) so I know what it looks like. Laughing
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ? Empty Re: can henna cause your hair to look heat damaged ?

Post by simplysloan 24th November 2010, 6:17 pm

OP, What do you mean exactly?
simplysloan
simplysloan

Back to top Go down

Post by sajjy 9th January 2011, 12:12 am

Stringy and fizzed out... I am worried by the same possibility. I saw a women who professed to have 4a textured hair but her entire head looked like a limp over-processed relaxer!!! Granted her routine consisted of a weird combinations protein treatments. She did henna and BTK treatment varying the treatments biweekly... I don't know what to think, maybe her hair was the result of a bad treatment combination or maybe some people have stringy heat damage looking hair after using henna repeatedly. Help, what do you guys think? I'm a newbie and my henna is in delivery... I'll post the image of the women's hair. It must be a concern of others if the post was created, IKD...oh I'm having trouble uploading the image, help Smile i really want you all to see what i'm talking about or maybe you could visit her youtube channel: name: MissBossyLIVE, topic:How To: Henna on natural BKT'd hair, part 1
sajjy
sajjy

http://members.fotki.com/19857269/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th January 2011, 12:22 am

sajjy wrote:Stringy and fizzed out... I am worried by the same possibility. I saw a women who professed to have 4a textured hair but her entire head looked like a limp over-processed relaxer!!! Granted her routine consisted of a weird combinations protein treatments. She did henna and BTK treatment varying the treatments biweekly... I don't know what to think, maybe her hair was the result of a bad treatment combination or maybe some people have stringy heat damage looking hair after using henna repeatedly. Help, what do you guys think? I'm a newbie and my henna is in delivery... I'll post the image of the women's hair. It must be a concern of others if the post was created, IKD...oh I'm having trouble uploading the image, help Smile i really want you all to see what i'm talking about or maybe you could visit her youtube channel: name: MissBossyLIVE, topic:How To: Henna on natural BKT'd hair, part 1

You just said it in your response (the bolded). The BKT can be very damaging to the hair. I have read various horror stories about women (with naturally straight and curly/nappy hair) sustaining damage from BKT.

Since she is doing that and a variety of other things, I doubt we can know for sure why her hair looks the way it does. I do know from doing henna treatments and seeing dozens of other natural haired women do the same thing, I know it does not texturize the hair.

ETA: I just looked at her video and its hard to know whats what. The title "How to henna on natural BKT'd hair" is oxymoronic because BKT is not natural. The look of her hair could be from that, heat damage or god knows what else she's doing to her hair.
CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Madeaj 9th January 2011, 1:13 am

Hi, just listening to her talk in part one. She already had damaged hair before she did the henna. I did a lot of research on henna before I did it and what I read pointed to henna being beneficial to all hair types. The cons were dryness, crunchy hair etc. All that remedied by deep conditioning.Henna Forum Do a search here. There is probably someone who might have had a bad henna experience. You might also ask the forum admins to have a look at the video and see if they can answer your question.

My personal experience with henna. My hair is stronger, scalp is not dry and my hair is shiny. I am really pleased with my hair on henna. I have fine hair and the henna makes it feel so much fuller and it looks very healthy. I don't have any pictures, camera is on the brink. Look at MissKris, her hair is amazing and she just henna'd too.
Madeaj
Madeaj

Back to top Go down

Post by sajjy 9th January 2011, 1:17 am

CarlaAR wrote:
sajjy wrote:Stringy and fizzed out... I am worried by the same possibility. I saw a women who professed to have 4a textured hair but her entire head looked like a limp over-processed relaxer!!! Granted her routine consisted of a weird combinations protein treatments. She did henna and BTK treatment varying the treatments biweekly... I don't know what to think, maybe her hair was the result of a bad treatment combination or maybe some people have stringy heat damage looking hair after using henna repeatedly. Help, what do you guys think? I'm a newbie and my henna is in delivery... I'll post the image of the women's hair. It must be a concern of others if the post was created, IKD...oh I'm having trouble uploading the image, help Smile i really want you all to see what i'm talking about or maybe you could visit her youtube channel: name: MissBossyLIVE, topic:How To: Henna on natural BKT'd hair, part 1

You just said it in your response (the bolded). The BKT can be very damaging to the hair. I have read various horror stories about women (with naturally straight and curly/nappy hair) sustaining damage from BKT.

Since she is doing that and a variety of other things, I doubt we can know for sure why her hair looks the way it does. I do know from doing henna treatments and seeing dozens of other natural haired women do the same thing, I know it does not texturize the hair.

ETA: I just looked at her video and its hard to know whats what. The title "How to henna on natural BKT'd hair" is oxymoronic because BKT is not natural. The look of her hair could be from that, heat damage or god knows what else she's doing to her hair.

CarlaAr
I'm relieved, thanx for your prompted response... that also puts me at ease. I just have cold feet I guess... I looked at your hair pictures and your hair is gorgeous. I was most impressed at how consistent you texture was... I've noticed that some who use henna often seems to have very loose ends and very tight new growth, the contrast can be extreme. It's all beautiful b/c it's healthy hair,i'm just stating my preference and concerns. Maybe that effect happens b/c the person has multiple hair textures, but more often then not the loosened areas are predominately at the bottom/end the oldest part of the hair....?. any who thanx for your first response, I appreciate it and your hair is my dream:)
sajjy
sajjy

http://members.fotki.com/19857269/about/

Back to top Go down

Post by CarlaAR 9th January 2011, 5:51 am

sajjy wrote:
CarlaAR wrote:

CarlaAr
I'm relieved, thanx for your prompted response... that also puts me at ease. I just have cold feet I guess... I looked at your hair pictures and your hair is gorgeous. I was most impressed at how consistent you texture was... I've noticed that some who use henna often seems to have very loose ends and very tight new growth, the contrast can be extreme. It's all beautiful b/c it's healthy hair,i'm just stating my preference and concerns. Maybe that effect happens b/c the person has multiple hair textures, but more often then not the loosened areas are predominately at the bottom/end the oldest part of the hair....?. any who thanx for your first response, I appreciate it and your hair is my dream:)

Thank you so much!

I don't think I've noticed anyones hair that looked like the way you describe. Is it possible to point those out to us? I would so hate to have that happen to my hair, but I havent noticed any loosing at this point yet. My hair is multi textured but the henna keeps it all as/is with all the benefits that Madeaj just pointed out.

CarlaAR
CarlaAR

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down