CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tangle Teezer Anyone?

+36
Happy2B
Lynnieluve
Umph
JazmineB
Tnt38
JossBella
sydnisd183
Miki
gie
Sebastain13
Keisha
jcokes
Sequoia
BattleKat
CocaColaCutie
TriniCherryPrincess
LCnewjourney
TheRYL1
ChrsLvsBks
poeticlyspkng
newday
krazy coils
curlista
Color_Me_Coily
Ravie11
blkbeauty2010
crimsonpeach
PrincessRN
fuzzypuff
bushbaby
Butterfly126
DreamMerchant
Talisa3636
morenachula
Niqui36
mahoganytresses
40 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tangle Teezer Anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tangle Teezer Anyone?

Post by LCnewjourney 26th January 2011, 10:08 pm

I bought one and used it on damp hair, and I don't really know what to think yet! I might be the only person who doesn't have AMAZING things to say about it...yet!

I feel like the reviews I've seen have been from people who are all natural. Does this work for transitioning hair?? I almost felt like I was being too rough and doing the wrong thing, but it may just be that I need to adjust my mind to brushing wet hair (something I've always thought was a no no).

LCnewjourney

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 27th January 2011, 5:07 am

@LCnewjourney I am almost 13 months post relaxer and still have quite a bit of relaxed ends left, and the TT works great on my hair. It felt awkward using it the first few times but I've grown to love it!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by bushbaby 27th January 2011, 11:17 pm

i just got it in the mail yesterday and immediately started using it. my hair was dry btw. but omg i cant believe how well it works! and i didnt have too much shedding. also i had just came home from a snowstorm so my hair was frizzy and tangled and needed a little love. bottom line: im really happy with the tangle teezer. now i just have to try it while my hair is wet....
bushbaby
bushbaby

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 29th January 2011, 2:37 am

I love it! It didn't cut down on the shedding (but I never lose much hair anyway) but it definitely cut down on the time and difficulty.
That was a try on wet hair. I'll try it on dry hair one of these days.
I recommend it though.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TriniCherryPrincess 29th January 2011, 2:40 am

[quote="mahoganytresses"]
Ravie11 wrote:What is the proper way to use the TT??[/quot

I use on my hair with conditioner in and of course detangle starting from the ends to the roots. A few ladies are having great results detangling with it before washing during their preepoo session with oils. Haven't tried that yet but definitely plan to. At first the TT feels funny in your hand (I know that sounds so wrong lol sorry!) but after a while it feels natural. You will get a better picture of how it works by seeing it in action on youtube.

Definitely ends to roots, but I just wanted to say that I did comb with the TT from roots to ends like the booklet it came with suggested and I had no problem- no extra hair loss! Worked just as well.
TriniCherryPrincess
TriniCherryPrincess

http://www.AllThingsLena.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 29th January 2011, 9:43 am

I went and got one last night and I thought my Ouidad Double Detangler was good...but baby this Tangle Teaser is the business! My hair got sooo smooth and it's great for distributing conditioner. I'm glad I heard about this!
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 1st February 2011, 12:01 am

I am totally amazed with the tangle teezer. I have thick hair that coils back up as soon as I detangle plus I am tender headed. After I come home from the hairdresser my head is sore for like 2 days. If I do any extra manipulation to my hair like blow dry it for a dry twist my head is sore for 2 or more days. The teezer glided thru my hair like butter. I am so excited. I absolutely love this product. I'm so glad I found this post.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sequoia 1st February 2011, 5:23 pm

I like the Tangle Teezer. I tried using it by itself to detangle, and it was a bit too rough for my fragile strands...so now I use it on already-detangled hair for smoothing and catching those missed shed hairs. It leaves my hair so soft and shiny!
Sequoia
Sequoia

Back to top Go down

Tangle Teezer Anyone? - Page 2 Empty Tangle Teezer Give away

Post by jcokes 6th February 2011, 7:45 pm

I love it so much I'm giving two away!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5du-geJB_s
jcokes
jcokes

http://www.coilyheadchick.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 6th February 2011, 9:02 pm

jcokes wrote:I love it so much I'm giving two away!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5du-geJB_s

I entered your giveaway and told my friends to enter too. Hopefully one of us will win! Thanks for the giveaway!
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by Keisha 9th February 2011, 9:40 pm

the TT is the best detangler ever. I had minimal shedding and it glided thru my hair without any problems. I used it on wet hair, tried it on damp hair but it made my hair frizzy. detangling with the TT made my styling session a breeze. its definitely a great investment.
Keisha
Keisha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sebastain13 9th February 2011, 9:49 pm

I have been trying to find one here in my area at Sallys but they are sold out so I will have to try to get one over the weekend
Got the tangle teezer yesterday Havent tried it yet will be back with a review

Last edited by Sebastain13 on 23rd February 2011, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sebastain13
Sebastain13

http://<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Back to top Go down

Tangle Teezer Anyone? - Page 2 Empty I am a TT Convert

Post by gie 12th February 2011, 9:12 pm

I converted my Denman to detangle my hair as I am a Terri Laflesh devotee and wanted to stay as close to her method as I could. But even with fewer teeth in my Denman and the assurance from Curly Like Me that I would have a lot of shed hair since I only detangle once a week, I still didn't feel good about the amount of hair I use to lose.
I bought the last Tangle Teaser at my local Sally's last night. After my monthly henna a la Curly Nikki, I detangled with my new brush.
My DH noticed that the TT was

• made for a south paw which I am. Plus

• that my TT detangle session was faster than my previous Denman sessions. Plus

• that my hair was "really growing long" ( I translate as less hair in the brush, squeal for joy).
  • Trifecta

And since he noticed them I know that the benefits of TT are not all in me head Razz

Thank you cousins for allowing me to discover this amazing tool.

My Denman officially has been kicked to the curb, well Goodwill Donation bin at least

Stay Well
gie
gie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miki 13th February 2011, 12:44 pm

Does anyone know the difference between the $9 and the $17 the only difference I can tell is that one (the more expensive) says "Professional"
Miki
Miki

Back to top Go down

Post by sydnisd183 14th February 2011, 3:26 pm

@Miki: I went to Sally's to get mine and I only saw the one style of TT...and it was $9.99....(the woman at the counter told me that there was a 2/$10 TT sale last month) pale ......anyway, I picked one up this weekend and used it later that day, and just as the others said....made detangling a breeze. I do my detangling out of the shower (wash with black soap, add conditioner and let sit while i shower, then rinse, get out and add my leave in and detangle while watching tv lol)

like another poster said, i wanted to go back through with my denman because I saw so little hair in the TT I thought I missed something....this TT is definitely something I will keep in my arsenal.
sydnisd183
sydnisd183

Back to top Go down

Post by JossBella 20th February 2011, 4:55 pm

I love the Tangle Teezer for my TWA!
JossBella
JossBella

Back to top Go down

Post by Tnt38 21st February 2011, 7:41 pm

After looking at many reviews on the TT, I finally got one today. I just did my hair yesterday so I tried it on my 18 month old son who hates to get his 3c hair combed. It takes me about 6 minutes to detangle his hair with a wide tooth comb( add 2 minutes for the time it takes to get him to sit still), with the TT it took 2 minutes and he didnt move at all! I can't wait to try it on myself. Very Happy
Tnt38
Tnt38

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 22nd February 2011, 6:55 am

i read Katie from Happy Girl Hair's review on this and I trust her judgement the most, so I went out and bought one of these the very next week at Sally's. I still haven't gotten to try it yet since my hair is in braids, and it will stay in braids until the end of March, but I can't wait to try it. But I'm not that optimistic about it because the majority of my detangling is finger detangling, and I will not use this tiny thing without finger detangling first so no matter what it will still take a long time. the denman was too rough and i think this will be too since the teeth are so close together.

but im still excited about trying it and i'm hoping to join the "i love the tangle teezer" group =D
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by curlista 25th February 2011, 5:17 pm

I just received mine yesterday from Amazon and I LOVE IT!! I detangled my hair in 30 minutes which sounds like a long time but considering how tangled my hair was it wasn't a lot lol. I used it on damp hair after spritzing my hair with water and it was amazing. I haven't done a whole shampoo day/detangling session with it yet but I think it's going to go well. I'll let you know Smile It usually takes me 2 to hours (shampoo, condish, dc, detangle, and style for bed)
curlista
curlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 25th February 2011, 9:06 pm

No one had problems with split ends using TT? I'm thinking of purchasing one BUT read a few negative reviews. I guess I'll have to get it and see for myself.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnieluve 25th February 2011, 10:21 pm

After all of the split ends stories, I'm going to shelve mine (I only used it twice). I too have fine strands. I'm not taking any chances...Haha!! I will continue to finger detangle.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by krazy coils 26th February 2011, 12:13 am

Umph wrote:No one had problems with split ends using TT? I'm thinking of purchasing one BUT read a few negative reviews. I guess I'll have to get it and see for myself.

I'm still using the tangle teezer and I haven't had any problems with split ends. I don't have fine hair strands so it hasn't been an issue for me plus I still detangle in small sections.
krazy coils
krazy coils

http://public.fotki.com/kamaia16/, https://www.youtube.com/user/k

Back to top Go down

Post by Umph 26th February 2011, 8:20 pm

My hair is in it's best state ever! I can't tangle teeze. I'm too afraid to take the chance.
Umph
Umph

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy2B 27th February 2011, 12:37 am

I just tried the Tangle Teezer today for the first time and I have mixed reviews about it. I feel like I lost more hair than usually and the shape of it made it hard to hold when my hands were wet with conditioner. I'm not sure if the amount of hair I lost was b/c I hadn't washed my hair in three weeks so I'll give it one more try before I return it.
Happy2B
Happy2B

Back to top Go down

Post by JazmineB 27th February 2011, 10:16 pm

i wonder if the people who had split ends from using it were too rough and/or used it while they were dry detangling? doesn't Nikki dry detangle a lot?
JazmineB
JazmineB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next