CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the forum

2 posters

Go down

New to the forum Empty New to the forum

Post by naturally.yours 18th November 2010, 7:18 pm

Hello! As you can tell from my low post count, I am new to the forum. Here is a little background information about my hair journey.

- I started transitioning in the fall of '05. Sometime before the holiday (July 4th) I got my last relaxer.
- By spring of '06 I had what little perm I had left in my hair, which was basically just my ends, cut off.
- Wraps are my signature style. (I've been wearing them before transitioning, and since becoming natural).

The problem is that now I would like to start experimenting with natural hairstyles and wearing my hair naturally, but I feel discouraged because my hair has been "trained" to be straight. Although I've been natural for so long, in many ways I'm new to the natural world.

I would love to have someone enlighten me and possible help me with my hair situation.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

New to the forum Empty Re: New to the forum

Post by naturally yours 19th November 2010, 5:49 am

hey and welcome! we have the same user name. i had to do a double take thinking when did i make this post. dont be discourage, u came to the right place.how long is your hair? u can do braidouts.how bad is your heat damage?is all of your hair permanently straight or just in some areas. if u want to get rid of your straight hair u can gradually cut it out.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 19th November 2010, 7:43 am

How ironic is that?! Lol.

I'm almost BSL and a patch of my hair has a much looser curl pattern than the other. I didn't want to have to cut my hair because it took such a long time to grow to this length.

Because of the different textures, my hair never comes out right when I do it naturally. My mom said I have to transition again to train my hair to be able to wear it naturally.

I was thinking about trying Henna, though. Would that be bad to do on my hair?
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally yours 19th November 2010, 9:17 am

like i said u dont have to do at all at once a little bit at a time. that way u keep length.

naturally yours

Back to top Go down

Post by naturally.yours 20th November 2010, 12:25 am

Bump.
naturally.yours
naturally.yours

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down