CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT..

+8
TaSiaJaY
oooop2
Sweetypie
Intelligentbeauty
yokiedokie
truet
tiashaunteé
CurlyGirlV
12 posters

Go down

AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT.. Empty AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT..

Post by CurlyGirlV 25th November 2009, 11:48 am

Hi Autum,

I have been attempting twistouts, but my hair just keeps coming out VERY frizzy. I only separate the twists once (or twice depending on how small or large I do them) and I am not combing or picking them. Is there something I can use on my hair to keep it from getting frizzy.

PS: my first attempt was on air dried hair and the second attempt was on hair that had been blown dry with cool air only. Could this have something to do with it?

CurlyGirlV

Back to top Go down

AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT.. Empty Re: AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT..

Post by tiashaunteé 25th November 2009, 12:33 pm

What products are you already using on your twists?
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT.. Empty Re: AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT..

Post by truet 27th November 2009, 7:41 pm

Once you take out twist you should avoid touching it as much as possible.
Do you use a cream or oil.
are your end frizzy when they are in twist? It could be blow drying
truet
truet

Back to top Go down

AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT.. Empty AVOIDING THE FRIZZIES WITH A TWISTOUT

Post by CurlyGirlV 29th November 2009, 3:24 pm

I use my shea butter before I put anything else on my hair. But I have tried using style creme's, finishing creme's I tried it on hair that was blown dry using cool air only, and I've tried it on hair that was not blown dry at all.

CurlyGirlV

Back to top Go down

Post by yokiedokie 29th November 2009, 10:30 pm

I think the key is to make sure that the hair is moisturized before twisting. I usually dampen each section, apply styling cream (Qhemet AOHC is really good for moisturizing) and then twist, applying shea butter to the ends.

I allow to airdry overnight. In the morning I take out the twists. You should make sure to unravel them from the ends upward. Handle very gently when separating into two sections. Alternatively, I would recommend that you do smaller twists to begin with, that way you won't have to separate them further after untwisting.

Good luck!
yokiedokie
yokiedokie

https://www.facebook.com/ystrachan

Back to top Go down

Post by Intelligentbeauty 2nd December 2009, 4:47 am

I agree with yokiedokie. I just want to add, you may also want to try a good leave in condish before shea and styling product. I use AO HSR for my twist outs then add shea and coconut mix. And no frizz!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Intelligentbeauty
Intelligentbeauty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetypie 25th December 2009, 6:34 am

@yokie dokie
so how are your twistouts?
I use ORS loc and twist gel on dry hair. I had the most beautifully defined twists.
When you take out the twists, rub coconut oil or EVOO on your hands.
When you twist be sure not to borrow from the other side of one starts to get finished.

I hope this helps you.
Sweetypie
Sweetypie

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 26th December 2009, 11:40 pm

I wear twist and twistouts a lot.

On damp hair I apply a blend of shea butter, evoo, castor oil, and coconut oil. I twist after.

Here are the results:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I just wrap hair with a silk scarf at night and my style last for about 4 days. I don't have a lot of frizz if i use this blend.
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by TaSiaJaY 31st December 2009, 1:30 am

Your hair is so beautiful Oooop2....Love it!
TaSiaJaY
TaSiaJaY

Back to top Go down

Post by oooop2 31st December 2009, 2:35 am

TaSiaJaY wrote:Your hair is so beautiful Oooop2....Love it!
Thank you Smile
oooop2
oooop2

Back to top Go down

Post by rnewsome 14th March 2010, 12:57 am

do any of you guys use any of the curly products like Miss Jessie adn KCCC?
when i first started using Miss jessie it was fine, but then i started getting these white flakes in my hair. It looked like my hair had major dandruff. I switched to KCCC and i still have the same problem.
So do i get rid of all the pricey products and switch to shea butter and really good leave-in-conditioners, or do i change my shampoo and still use the pricey products? help help
rnewsome
rnewsome

Back to top Go down

Post by rnewsome 14th March 2010, 1:00 am

Miss Ooops what is evoo? I think i am going to adapt your regiment for hair.
rnewsome
rnewsome

Back to top Go down

Post by BrownSkinDiva 15th March 2010, 8:58 am

TaSiaJaY wrote:Your hair is so beautiful Oooop2....Love it!

I second that Oooop2, your twistout is awesome!
BrownSkinDiva
BrownSkinDiva

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeByDesire 15th March 2010, 12:40 pm

EVOO is extra virgin olive oil.

I know some ppl use shea and a gel to define better. I think done on wet hair defines the twists a whole better.

Also I have done twists on damp hair and got great results. I use Qhemet Heavy Cream along with the Hydrating Balm - that's a winning combo for me. I seal with shea butter. When I untwist, I have oil on my hand untwist gently. Sleep in a satin bonnet or scarf at night and fluff in the morning. Maybe third day I'll retwist. It's important to moisturize and seal at night though.

Just my 2 cents.
BlondeByDesire
BlondeByDesire

Back to top Go down

Post by MsVera 21st March 2010, 9:15 pm

Twist and twist-outs are all I do anymore on my transitioning hair. I do them 1x a week on my shampoo/dc day and wear a twist-out for the rest of the week unless I co-wash 1 day in between. After shampooing/dc'ing, I use either my Hair One, VO5 Moisture Milks or as of lately a spritz made of Aussie Moist and water for my leave-in. Then I air-dry my hair in 2 puffs or bun until about 70% dry. Right now, I'm air-drying with my front in flat-twists (my version anyway) and the back in a high pony. My version of flat-twists is really just grabbing and rolling LOL! BTW I use only my hands to put my hair up to dry. I'll use a comb in the shower with conditioner to detangle every other week and just finger detangle the rest of the time. If I didn't have to remove shed hairs, I probably wouldn't comb at all [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Once I'm like 70% dry that is the only time I can work any oils or butter in my hair without getting so tangled and snapping hair off when I work my fingers through it. My twist outs also come out better on just damp hair. I only use raw unrefined Shea Butter anymore and sometimes I work it all in or get it sectioned off into 4 first and then apply...concentrating mostly on the ends. I don't use anything else for twisting. When I get down to the end of a twist; at about 1/2" from the end, I apply a little more Shea Butter and then twirl the ends around my finger to lock the twists. If it's in the evening I put on my satin scarf and go to bed. I usually don't wear the twists the next day, but if I do, I just shake my head and go. Normally I take them out applying just a little bit more Shea-Butter to each end before untwisting. I noticed when I skip this step that is when I get frizzy ends going on! I also don't normally separate them with my fingers...instead I just fluff a bit with my hands with my head upside down and that usually is sufficient enough for me. I found I needed to separate them more when I first started twisting because I spent time making sure I parted so very neatly and I had obvious parts showing. Now I just grab and twist and prefer medium sized twists for looser curl. I put in a total of about 20-25.
To upkeep my twist-outs, I put in 8 twists to which I've applied Shea Butter to the ends before going to bed and then securing each into a Bantu-knot. Sometimes I spray each section with plain water and lately with the Aussie Moist spritz (Love..love...love it!) or leave dry. Haven't had any frizzing since using Shea Butter and that's saying a lot for my hair [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MsVera
MsVera

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down