CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?

4 posters

Go down

Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?     Empty Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?

Post by vivacious00 25th October 2010, 6:29 pm

So, I want to go back to school for a BA/BS, but I don't want to go to a traditional school. I'd prefer to go to an online college/university. I've been looking into schools and have looked into their accreditation, price, etc. I originally looked at going to the University of Phoenix, but I didn't like my meeting with their enrollment counselor, one bit. I have some schools narrowed down, but I'd like to get some feedback from anyone that has done an online program. I've heard some good stories and some "horror" stories from friends that heard from so and so's cousin's baby momma, but haven't met anyone that has actually done the online route. I'm not trying to exclude anyone, but I'd really like to hear from any of you curlies that have first hand knowledge of an online program. Thanks!
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?     Empty Re: Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?

Post by BajanPrincess82 25th October 2010, 9:22 pm

I got my MBA from University of Maryland and did it online while I was in Germany. It was alot of work and required lots of discipline, but I'm glad I did it. If you were disciplined enough to get work done on your own, then you'll be fine. The professors were pretty good and very easy to reach. We worked in groups a lot and my classmates were pretty on point. I don't really know about prices for undergrad, but you should look into it (if they offer the type of program you want). Overall I had a pretty good experience with the school.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?     Empty Re: Any of ya'll have any personal experiences with online colleges?

Post by vivacious00 26th October 2010, 9:34 pm

Thanks BajanPrincess82! I appreciate it.
vivacious00
vivacious00

Back to top Go down

Post by * 27th October 2010, 10:12 am

I currently attend WGU, Western Governor's University and its pretty cool. It's affordable, but it does require alot of discipline because your basically teaching yourself. They do have mentors and professors that you can consult with. Good luck!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ~*Kiana*~ 2nd November 2010, 7:54 pm

I am attending school online as well right now. I can tell you the discipline is the BIGGEST factor, I can get over, the price of books, classes etc. But MAKING myself actually SIT down at the PC and DO the work would be the biggest thing to deal with and get used to. I'd say start with 1-2 classes first, and see how you do for that semester versus, regular life instead of wasting money on a full load and then not finishing. Good Luck!!!

Last edited by ~*Kiana*~ on 2nd November 2010, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
~*Kiana*~
~*Kiana*~

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down