CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brittle, matted hair AFTER deep conditioning?

+2
Naturally Esq
sheabutterlover
6 posters

Go down

Brittle, matted  hair AFTER deep conditioning? Empty Brittle, matted hair AFTER deep conditioning?

Post by sheabutterlover 16th October 2010, 4:06 pm

Hi everyone,
I am transitioning-- currently 11 months post relaxer. Today I DC'd with Organic Root Stimulator's Replenishing Conditioner. It was my first time using this product. It was horrible!!!! I clarified with Giovanni 50/50 then applied the DC and I left it on for about 30 minutes while I did a few chores around the house. When I went to rinse, my hair was brittle and matted. Horrible!!! Thinking I just needed to add my usual HHHH to give some slip, I added some (practically the whole bottle) and my hair was still acting a fool! LOL. It took me about 45 minutes to finally detangle and get my hair to chill out. Uh, what happened here? Why the adverse reaction to a DC? I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Did I do something wrong?

sheabutterlover

Back to top Go down

Brittle, matted  hair AFTER deep conditioning? Empty Re: Brittle, matted hair AFTER deep conditioning?

Post by Naturally Esq 16th October 2010, 5:54 pm

I have never tried it, but these a three reviews from the web:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/store/product/product_details.jsp?id=prod1159537#BVRRWidgetID

not good for natural afro texture
1. Date: August 13, 2009
it contains harsh ingredients that are not good for natural hair girls like silicones that aren't water soluble. they build up and dry the hair out.
when i used it as a relaxed girl i saw no results. when i used it as a natural girls it dried my hair out. i should have read the ingredients first

Leaves a Sticky Residue
1. Date: July 24, 2008
Cons: Smells Bad, Leaves Residue, Ineffective
I wouldn't recommend this conditioner for hair that is fine and relaxed or naturally curly. My hair felt coated, dry, and brittle. Also the smell is very synthetic and fake. I was hard put to identify it as orange.
terrible horrible product

1. Date: July 24, 2008
Pros: Great Smell
Cons: Leaves Residue, Too Heavy, Ineffective
I tried the product because I have crazy hair being of mixed race Puerto Rican and black i have naturally curly somewhat dry hair that I like to to make straight some times I have to have a deep conditioner. This left my hair feeling like it had thick grease in it and brittle at the same time not at all soft I was highly disappointed with it I will stick to the Pantene relaxed and natural line the products are great and the deep conditioning mask is the best I have ever tried hands down .

Naturally Esq
Naturally Esq

Back to top Go down

Brittle, matted  hair AFTER deep conditioning? Empty Re: Brittle, matted hair AFTER deep conditioning?

Post by Lynnieluve 16th October 2010, 6:23 pm

snlaster wrote:Hi everyone,
I am transitioning-- currently 11 months post relaxer. Today I DC'd with Organic Root Stimulator's Replenishing Conditioner. It was my first time using this product. It was horrible!!!! I clarified with Giovanni 50/50 then applied the DC and I left it on for about 30 minutes while I did a few chores around the house. When I went to rinse, my hair was brittle and matted. Horrible!!! Thinking I just needed to add my usual HHHH to give some slip, I added some (practically the whole bottle) and my hair was still acting a fool! LOL. It took me about 45 minutes to finally detangle and get my hair to chill out. Uh, what happened here? Why the adverse reaction to a DC? I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Did I do something wrong?

That has happen to me before. It could be the protein in the product. I left it in my hair overnight and the next morning my hair was dry, brittle and felt like a hay stack. Whenever I use it now, I make sure to only leave it in my hair for 15 mins and rinse it out.
Lynnieluve
Lynnieluve

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylouisedesigns 16th October 2010, 6:44 pm

snlaster wrote:Hi everyone,

Hey Snlaster.
I had the same experience with it two months ago. It has an agent that dries out hair if left on longer than 10 min .
I have switched to Tresamee regular conditioner and its sooooooo good. For the first time since going natural
I don't have to use a curl definer after washing.
I shampoo with bronner castile lavender soap then deep treated for 30 min then rinsed. After towel drying I added Evoo straight from the bottle and twisted my hair and it came out great soft shiny and not heavy from product usage . cheers
rubylouisedesigns
rubylouisedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by sheabutterlover 16th October 2010, 7:57 pm

Thanks ladies for the info! That bottle is now in the trash can. cheers

sheabutterlover

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 16th October 2010, 11:58 pm

Sometimes I feel like a scientist in this "curly girl world!" It is not always obvious what the culprit is. This is why I started a journal about 3 weeks ago. I write down what may seem to be minute details. For example, when it is wash day, I note the prepoo, what it was, how much, mixed with what, and how long it was in my hair. I do the same for the shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, styler, etc. I also have notes regarding the top 7 or 8 ingredients in each product. This way, I can see what works well with what other products, plus many other details to eventually devise my regimen. Also, I do not use more than 1 new product during the same wash day or a couple of days thereafter. Now, I do strand tests in case a product doesn't agree with my hair, I am not spending an eternity removing it. I have learned, protein is not my friend. It may not be yours. If this proves to be the case, remember there are plant proteins too and some proteins that may not be so obvious, so I recommend you doing some research to find out what protein products are routinely placed in hair products (shampoo, condish, and stylers). Sometimes the culprit is elusive and not the product you thought.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th October 2010, 2:26 am

Wow, nolagirl! I want to be a dedicated researcher like you! Seriously, my hair lives and breathes from that conditioner, and HH and Tresemme are just ok for me. At the same time, some of the other protein-loaded products give me the most jacked-up frizzies. You're right, one little ingredient can kill the whole product. I haven't figured out what the culprit is yet.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down