CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Henna... Fail

4 posters

Go down

Second Henna... Fail Empty Second Henna... Fail

Post by gmAKA1709 15th October 2010, 12:42 am

Wooo... Did I learn a lot about Jaci (my hair) this weekend. First off, Jaci loves EVOO. Who knew? I'd been sooooooooo obsessed with finding the perfect pre-made DC that I'd never even considered making my own. So after my henna fail (more about that later) I didn't have any protein free dc so I just mixed a bunch of cheap condish in a bowl and added a bunch of EVOO to it. Can you say tangles were fallin out of my durn head! Jaci was very happy. So I tried cheap condish and EVOO the next day to co-wash (another attempt to fix my henna fail) and Jaci was happy again.

Now onto my henna fail.... So I really need to live by the mantra "if it aint broke don't fix it" cuz I am CONSTANTLY effin' something up. I'd henna'd maybe a month ago with great success. Jaci was shiny and frizz free and bouncy (well as bouncy as a 4a/b twa can get). She got tons of compliments and was just an all around happy head of hair. So for my second henna treatment I decided to shake my mix up a little bit. I added lemon juice.... FAIL! Jaci was PISSED! She was dry and hard and crunchy! I even dc'd overnight and it still didn't really help. I had to re-DC her. She's still recovering but she's feeling much better now. What a Face
gmAKA1709
gmAKA1709

Back to top Go down

Second Henna... Fail Empty Re: Second Henna... Fail

Post by queenshakirah 15th October 2010, 11:20 am

ouch! well, you live and you learn. funny thing, i thought my henna mix required lemon juice but since i really wasn't trying to dye my hair anyway (no concern for adding an acidic ingredient for dye release) i found mixing with just my green tea and honey worked fine. both recipes yielded the same feel on my hair tho, as far as i can remember.
queenshakirah
queenshakirah

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 16th October 2010, 2:08 am

I don't use lemon juice either. Just leave the lemon juice out. I have 4c hair.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSianP 21st October 2010, 8:08 pm

Hey ladies, i've just tried henne for the first time using Nikki's gloss recipe (tea, honey, condish, and I added a lil bit of olive oil) I haven't noticed any effect on the condition of my hair really although I did get some lovely auburn tones in my hair, sort of a subtle copper. I'm really trying to get conditioning properties from the mix and colour is an incidental plus.... am I right in thinking that adding lemon juice is generally bad for the condition and only enhances the colour effect of henna on hair?
MissSianP
MissSianP

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 22nd October 2010, 3:24 am

Lemon juice is just more acidic than the green tea. I have read that the more you henna the better the benefits. I have only henna'd twice. The first time I didn't see much of a difference but the second time I could. I plan on doing my 3rd treatment this weekend an I plan to see even better results. Smile
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by MissSianP 24th October 2010, 6:16 pm

Hmm.... I've henna'd twice now (using CN's gloss recipe) and I think my hair is just dry. I'm not sure that Henna is working out for my hair after all. CN did say that she only noticed baby doll hair after 4 hennas, so I'm going to hang on in there and give it a go a couple more times.

I keep hearing so many good things about it and I want in! BattleKat, how did your weekend treatment work out? Good results? And what recipe do you use?
MissSianP
MissSianP

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleKat 25th October 2010, 10:51 pm

My henna turned out great. I used the recipe I found here on CN. I did both mine and my aunts. The problem came in with my homemade conditioner. I felt so stupid after I did it. I mixed an avocado, honey, olive oil and coconut oil in a blender. My blended is old and didn't do a very good job of pureeing the mix but I put it in my hair anyway. Well we were up till 3 am trying to get the chucks of avocado out of my hair. My hair is very thick and I am tender headed. My head is so sore I didn't even style my hair. I just have big plats all over my head. And yes I did ware this style to work. But the henna turned out great in both mine and my aunts hair.
BattleKat
BattleKat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down