CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a "deep conditioner" without protien

+5
makeupvixen
ShortNSassie
freckledmom4
LaToya28
Renny
9 posters

Go down

Need a "deep conditioner" without protien Empty Need a "deep conditioner" without protien

Post by Renny 10th October 2010, 10:42 am

Hi Ladies,

Please share what you're using.

Thanks,

Rhonda
Renny
Renny

http://www.rhondamcknight.net

Back to top Go down

Need a "deep conditioner" without protien Empty Re: Need a "deep conditioner" without protien

Post by LaToya28 10th October 2010, 5:01 pm

Hairveda's SitriNillah and Bee Mine's deep conditioner contain no protein. I've only used Hairveda's and it is awesome.

LaToya28

http://members.fotki.com/latoya28/

Back to top Go down

Need a "deep conditioner" without protien Empty Re: Need a "deep conditioner" without protien

Post by freckledmom4 10th October 2010, 9:38 pm

I used Jessicurl Weekly Deep Treatment with good results. If you go to curlmart and click on conditioners, you can choose what type you are looking for and they give you a list. That's how I found JCWDT.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by ShortNSassie 22nd October 2010, 7:34 pm

@ Latoya, I am thinking my hair does not like the Sitrinillah it is doing the same thing the shea moisture deep treatment masque does. It just sits on my hair it does not absorb, I can't figure it out and I didn't notice any added moisture. Any suggestions?
ShortNSassie
ShortNSassie

Back to top Go down

Post by makeupvixen 22nd October 2010, 7:49 pm

My Holy Grail Deep Conditioner is Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs

Purified Water, Jojoba & Coconut Oils, Vegetable Glycerin, Vegetable Wax, Shikakai, Amla, Yucca, Horsetail, Nettle & Melissa Extracts, Panthenol, Rosemary Essential Oil, Vitamin E and Natural Enzymes.
makeupvixen
makeupvixen

http://makeupvixen.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 22nd October 2010, 7:54 pm

ShortNSassie wrote:@ Latoya, I am thinking my hair does not like the Sitrinillah it is doing the same thing the shea moisture deep treatment masque does. It just sits on my hair it does not absorb, I can't figure it out and I didn't notice any added moisture. Any suggestions?

Have you clarified recently? If not, you may want to try using a clarifying shampoo then applying your dc. I had that issue with the SitriNillah a while back.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 22nd October 2010, 8:11 pm

Thanks Ladies. I almost purchased JessiCurl last week but then I found out I won DB Deep Conditioning Mask. It arrived the other day. I'll give that a try on Sunday.

Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd October 2010, 8:13 pm

You did say No protein; however, I easily get a Hay stack moment with protein, but apparently not the wheat germ oil and the coconut base. So, you may consider this point and that is the only source in this conditioner and it has given me great results!

I love, love, love AO White Camellia. Now, if you can get beyond the herbally, medicinal smell, you are good to go. It is very deceiving because, you put it on and after a few minutes you wonder where did it go. It absorbs in your hair and if it is your first use, you wonder "is this really going to work?" But, it does. It has very good slip. I have been using it about 1 month now. Great list of ingredients and available on the ground. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. WF carries AO products too.

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, White Camellia Oil, Wheat Germ Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E). Straight from the website.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd October 2010, 8:14 pm

Renny, Wow!!!!You know I have been talking about that masque. Let me know what you think. Those ingredients are the real deal!!

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 22nd October 2010, 8:16 pm

ShortNSassie, have you noticed that with any other "shea" heavy products? Also, do you have product buildup on scalp and hair?

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Renny 22nd October 2010, 9:12 pm

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:Renny, Wow!!!!You know I have been talking about that masque. Let me know what you think. Those ingredients are the real deal!!

I agree. I can't wait to get it on my hair. Smile
Renny
Renny

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 23rd October 2010, 11:06 am

naturalnolagirl1900 wrote:You did say No protein; however, I easily get a Hay stack moment with protein, but apparently not the wheat germ oil and the coconut base. So, you may consider this point and that is the only source in this conditioner and it has given me great results!

I love, love, love AO White Camellia. Now, if you can get beyond the herbally, medicinal smell, you are good to go. It is very deceiving because, you put it on and after a few minutes you wonder where did it go. It absorbs in your hair and if it is your first use, you wonder "is this really going to work?" But, it does. It has very good slip. I have been using it about 1 month now. Great list of ingredients and available on the ground. I get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. WF carries AO products too.

INGREDIENTS: Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Organic Aloe Vera, White Camellia Oil, Wheat Germ Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Geranium Oil, Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E). Straight from the website.

I use this as well and I have to agree, it is awesome. I also use the GBP...have you tried that one? The smell is much milder than the WC, but the results are great. These are my staple DCs.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 23rd October 2010, 4:49 pm

LaToya, unfortunately, I am protein sensitive and not interested in experiencing another haystack moment.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyQ-01 24th October 2010, 4:14 pm

I thought it was just me but my hair did NOT like the SheaMoisture Deep Treatment mask at all. It literally felt like dry staw even as I was desperately trying to wash it out. I think I am protein sensitive also, but I have been able to use Aveda 'dry remedy' with wheat grem oil and that has given me good results. I will look into trying the AO White Camellia since Aveda can be pricey.

Will let you guys know the results

CurlyQ-01

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 24th October 2010, 4:54 pm

Curly Q, I am anxious to hear your thoughts because this AO product seems almost like a "stepchild." Its a great product, but I rarely hear anyone talk about it. IT AOHSR gets all the hype. I was wondering about Aveda dry remedy moisturizing masque. They gave me a sample about 2 weeks ago. I haven't used it b/c it has "cones." This is common with Aveda conditioners. They have discontinued some of their conditioners to reformulate because of the parabens. So, we will see if in the future they omit cones. I am still deliberating whether I will try it.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by LaToya28 24th October 2010, 6:56 pm

I've seen several ladies complain that the White Camellia leaves a waxy feeling or residue on the hair, which I think it kind of does. I'm not sure which ingredient in it gives the slippery feeling, but it does sometimes feel like it hasn't rinsed off completely.

LaToya28

Back to top Go down

Post by letha 25th October 2010, 4:34 pm

I also use StirNillah, Dominician Product, Mozeke Moisturizing Hair Masque (sample) it's good not a thick thick moisturizer
letha
letha

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 25th October 2010, 7:42 pm

I love, love Aubrey Organics White Camelia too! It is my fav. I love the moisturizing effect of Honeysuckle Rose. Too bad I don't like the fragrance. It reminds me of the scent they add to relaxers to try to mask the chemical odor.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 25th October 2010, 8:08 pm

FT, I have read people say AOHSR does not have the slip that White Camelia has. I was wondering since you have used both. I don't know about you, but the first time I used White CAmelia and the conditioner totally absorbed into my hair, I was kinda worried it might not work well. But, surprised and happy it did! I have even learned to ignor the medicinal smell.

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down