CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanna talk about hair and anything else

+5
aduke1989
naturallychelsea
curlya
naturally yours
jazzwife
9 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wanna talk about hair and anything else - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanna talk about hair and anything else

Post by jazzwife 16th October 2010, 9:25 am

Thank you SO much :-) The one thing I realized last night is how unhealthy my ends are. The length (back) of my hair is strong and consistent, but the front and sides (where it would break from too many ponies) is really not healthy. My health isn't well most of the time, I am laid up in bed a lot and so my hair suffers because I can't keep up with it. I usually need a trim after a week or more of not taking care of my hair - I think that's why I was on YT when I decided to transition.

Speaking of health - so I have to go get some infusion treatments from M-W at a hospital in Philly (point is, far from home) and last night I dampened my hair w/ a conditioner mix and did a sock bun. Do you think this style can last me 5 days - after the braid out fiasco, I HAD to do something.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My friend was supposed to come over and braid it for me but she got ill. I hope your answer is 'yes' because I won't be in any condition to worry about my hair...
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Wanna talk about hair and anything else - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanna talk about hair and anything else

Post by naturallychelsea 20th October 2010, 6:57 pm

@jazzwife I'm sorry to hear that you are unwell and I'm praying for your recovery btw loovvvee the bun trust that I will copy.
Sorry for not replying earlier but it can be done. Sometimes I have to redo the bun and reslick the edges and keep the frizz at bay but the style itself holds.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 22nd October 2010, 2:10 pm

Thank you @naturallychelsea on the compliment about the bun! Very Happy After I posted, the middle of my head started itching like crazy!!! ( I paid extra attention to moisturize my scalp right there because I knew that would happen) So, the bun didn't last either. I ended up just doing a braided pony and re-moisturizing at night. It worked out fine.

Thank you for the well-wishes. It was really taxing and surreal, and it's a little too soon to see if the treatments worked, but I am hopeful.

I just need to feel well enough to wash and treat my hair (I just got back home yesterday).

It was kind of cool, though, I met a couple natural nurses at the hospital and was able to talk about hair!

I hope all is well with you!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 22nd October 2010, 4:48 pm

Yahh jw is bk I'm glad you're feeling well Hun
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ladybug83 22nd October 2010, 10:30 pm

jazzwife wrote:Thank you SO much :-) The one thing I realized last night is how unhealthy my ends are. The length (back) of my hair is strong and consistent, but the front and sides (where it would break from too many ponies) is really not healthy. My health isn't well most of the time, I am laid up in bed a lot and so my hair suffers because I can't keep up with it. I usually need a trim after a week or more of not taking care of my hair - I think that's why I was on YT when I decided to transition.

Speaking of health - so I have to go get some infusion treatments from M-W at a hospital in Philly (point is, far from home) and last night I dampened my hair w/ a conditioner mix and did a sock bun. Do you think this style can last me 5 days - after the braid out fiasco, I HAD to do something.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My friend was supposed to come over and braid it for me but she got ill. I hope your answer is 'yes' because I won't be in any condition to worry about my hair...

How did you do the double bun? It's really cute.

Ladybug83

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 23rd October 2010, 12:29 am

@ Ladybug, thank you! It's actually just my extra hair (that was left out of the sock) twisted around the main bun.
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 23rd October 2010, 10:56 pm

Oh thnx jw cuz for the longest while I tried to do this and just couldn't understand how it was done
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jeanlouisangel 24th October 2010, 12:43 pm

Hey Jazzwife. My prayers are with you. Hope you are well soon to enjoy the blessings, and your beautiful hair.

Hey Naturally, I love your Avi. Wherever, whatever, whenever, you have my support..So decide when you believe its best..like Aduke said its personal

Hey Aduke1989 You are a shining star..You rock your twa its beautiful. Smile
jeanlouisangel
jeanlouisangel

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 24th October 2010, 4:33 pm

@jeanlouisangel - thank you very much!

jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th October 2010, 5:18 pm

Ughh I am so disgusted by my hair Crying or Very sad. I twisted my hair for a flat twist out with aussie moist as my leave- in. This was around 3pm yesterday. This morning I woke up and unravelled twists that were gorgeous until the relaxed ends which were still wet and limp. I mean seriously how long does it take for relaxed ends to dry scratch I can't say that I was surprised though as this is my third time with terrible results but I hoped that if I changed the leave in the results would differ.
So to salvage this I put it in a ponytail and tucked the somewhat curly ends underneath. It was ok but the front portion was frizzy.

I'm off to take a bath and run my hair under the water, apply HEHH and put it in a ponytail. It's been a while since I've used this as a leave- in and I'm coming home.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 25th October 2010, 7:19 pm

@NC - Awh, I am so sorry girl! I know the feeling - your natural hair is so much longer then mine but my relaxed ends really do 'ruin' my hair already. It's just so much thinner and scragglier than my good hair Evil or Very Mad .

I'm glad you were able to salvage the look, somewhat, though. Do you let your hair air dry in a pony? I am still unsure about what is the best/most manageable way to air dry.

Today is the best day I've had in a WHILE. I was able to go to my dental appointment - it felt good! I have been wanting to DC all day and when I couldn't decide what to do, I put my hair in 2 pigtails and just pinned it up for the appt. It was actually kinda cute rabbit .

I decided I am going to put in some coconut oil. wrap in plastic and DC/pre-poo through the night. I still have no clue what to do w/ my hair after washing. How long do your twists take you? Do you do them on wet, damp, or dry hair?

Thanks in advance!!!!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 25th October 2010, 7:48 pm

Aw thank you Jeanlouisangel!!! Very Happy

And naturallychelsea have you tried leaving your twists in longer to air dry?? Maybe like a full day our just blow dry the permed ends?? I know my one friend that is naturally actually wears her twists for a couple days but puts them all in a pony tail and then takes them out closer towards the weekend. That might work! if not you could always try flat twists back (like cornrows but with twists) and they might dry faster.
aduke1989
aduke1989

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648990541

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th October 2010, 10:09 pm

@ jw good to hear you're feeling better and I usually style my hair whilst wet I put it in a pony and it dries eventually. As you might expect the middle takes awhile.
My twists are flat twists and don't take long at all

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

@aduke I've left my twists in for like a whole day. If it does dry the ends are just so resistant to curling. Also, I did do flat twists but instead of all back I parted my hair down the middle and fanned the twists out.

@jean thnx and your hair is groovy as well can't wait for mine to be as long as yours
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 25th October 2010, 10:31 pm

@NC - I should have specified - I am assuming your twisted bun isn't flat twists - you do those wet also?
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th October 2010, 10:54 pm

@jw ohh now I get it. I do the twists on damp hair as less tangles and easier to part etc. I usually plait the very ends to prevent the relaxed ends from unraveling.

And I do everything whilst my hair is damp as it is at its easiest state to manipulate. When wet it is too fragile and when dry to matted.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th October 2010, 11:02 pm

Oh btw I washed and styled my hair. I flat twisted the front of my hair, one on each side like CN's princess leia's (sp) bun. I then gathered all of my hair into a ponytail and donned a scarf. The waves were poppin and I'm slowly falling back in love with my hair Very Happy
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 25th October 2010, 11:09 pm

Ohh and I'm so proud of my hair. It's grown dance

naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 26th October 2010, 12:24 am

Congrats naturallychelsea on your growth!!! Very Happy
That gives me hope! lol
aduke1989
aduke1989

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 12:37 am

thnx btw how long did you transition for cuz you mentioned you had like 4 inches of growth
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 26th October 2010, 1:17 am

I started transitioning in June & then in August I BC, so only about two months before I cut all of the relaxed hair out.
aduke1989
aduke1989

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 8:49 am

and you already have four inches your my idol gurl
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 26th October 2010, 12:04 pm

naturallychelsea wrote:Ohh and I'm so proud of my hair. It's grown dance

I wish you could see the jealousy! No I can't wait :-)
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by aduke1989 26th October 2010, 6:08 pm

lol at naturallychelsea...your my idol!! You have beautiful growth! I would be more than happy with your length right about now!! I have so many hair style ideas brewing and I can't experiment with a quarter of them because my hair is so short! :-(
but I'll be patient and wait my turn! :-)
aduke1989
aduke1989

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallychelsea 26th October 2010, 9:26 pm

Thnx guys I just hope it continues to grow.

And guys no stressing! Before you know it the time will go by and you'll see the growth. One minute I had puffy roots then I did twists and I could clearly see my natural roots from my relaxed ends. It is almost 11 months and I don't know where the time went.
naturallychelsea
naturallychelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jazzwife 26th October 2010, 10:24 pm

I am about to do the twists right NOW! I am so excited, I just whipped my first shea butter cream! Yeah!!!
jazzwife
jazzwife

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next