CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aloe Vera Gel= Hair Color Lightening??????

2 posters

Go down

Aloe Vera Gel= Hair Color Lightening?????? Empty Aloe Vera Gel= Hair Color Lightening??????

Post by Sunni J 31st January 2010, 6:35 pm

So, on a recent PJ run I grabbed a bottle of aloe vera gel thinking I would just get it and add it somewhere to my hair regimine. Well, I did a clarifying wash, co wash, deep condition and let my hair (1 year into transition) air dry about 60%. I then combed hair to the side slicking down edges with aloe vera gel and put a scarf around the perimiter. Once I was finished with that I proceeded to plait my hair for a braid out. I used just the aloe vera gel on top of my leavin. The next morning I had a very defined wave pattern. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Very satisfied. I rebraided my hair last night using the aloe again. This morning I noticed my already brown tresses highlighted to an even lighter color with blondes sparking here and there. Kind of wondering if this is a drying reaction or something bad happening to my hair at the hands of the aloe vera gel. I would be really sad if that were the case. This is my most defined braidout ever and I am really loving it.

Ladies let me know. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sunni J
Sunni J

Back to top Go down

Aloe Vera Gel= Hair Color Lightening?????? Empty Re: Aloe Vera Gel= Hair Color Lightening??????

Post by kwikwi 31st January 2010, 8:46 pm

baby girl... i don't think that aloe vera gel by itself will color your hair... maybe the combination of ingredients came into play somehow
kwikwi
kwikwi

Back to top Go down