CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY

5 posters

Go down

KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY Empty KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY

Post by purplec18 30th September 2010, 1:29 pm

Ok am transitioning and....i need a good leave-in the curls milkshake was said by others to be a complete disaster...so I dont have 22 dollars to waste. BUT I've been hearing so much about the KCKT that I'm obssessed with wanting it.....So, Im 8 months into transitioning and wanna know what you ladies/gents think about the product as a leave in w/ maybe olive oil Very Happy I would have to order online.......BUT its i just wanna know if it's worth it...I mean I know they say you should explore products for yourself, but being a broke college girlie.......I doubt I want to explore 20 bucks......when I could use that as lunch money for the week...
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY Empty Re: KINKY CURLY KNOT TODAY

Post by FalconTress 1st October 2010, 1:34 am

It is very thick and for me a little goes a long way.
A good way to stretch your Knot Today is to make a batch of kimmaytube leave in. She shares her recipe and does a demo on youtube.

One ounce of Knot Today, 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice, 2 teaspoons of castior oil and 2 teaspoons of jojoba oil. Mix until creamy, apply to hair, refrigerate leftover mixture.
You can substitute olive oil for jojoba.

I doubt I want to explore 20 bucks......when I could use that as lunch money for the week...

Honey, it will not help to have expensive products on your hair if you deprive it of nutrients from the inside. Eat!
Best wishes with your studies.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by rayray19 1st October 2010, 3:22 am

I love the KCKT I've been using it for a month now and it leaves my hair very soft, moist, and define. It works will with other products too like shea moisture and eco styler. And i would never put KCCC on my hair with out it..
rayray19
rayray19

Back to top Go down

Post by naturallynola 1st October 2010, 8:58 am

I too am a KCKT fan. After I shampoo and condition, any tangles remaining, it melts them like butter. Your hair feels very moisturized with it. But, a little goes a long way. Apply a little in sections and evenly distribute it, wait about 1 or 2 minutes and then you will see the real effect and if you really need to add more. The price should be around $11 dollars, not $20. I mixed a similar concoction to what FalconTress mentioned last night based on Kimmaytube's leave-in recipe. She had a wonderful point about nutrition. We often neglect that. Take a look at what vitamins and minerals cause hair to thrive and don't forget about drinking plenty of water. Also, you are in school, so try to be organized so stress is minimize. Stress is a major culprit in hair loss.

Washing my hair today, so we will see how that concoction works.

Peace

naturallynola

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 1st October 2010, 11:03 am

Thanks so much ladies I will be ordering it...@falcon...yeah I dont want to fall out because I didnt eat, pale but yeah I am going to save and buy it, I saw kimmaytube's mixture of it and I will try it that way, and thanks I will keep studying...

@ ray thanks I will buy it and they sell ECO STYLER HERE, but am transitioning and I have more permed hair than natural but I will try your method later

@naturalnolgirl It is 20 for me because I live in the Bahamas and they dont sell it over here so I have to order online Sad , thanks for the advice and your review good look with the mixture and I will try to remain stress-free but it is hard.

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!! Very Happy I will purchase soon and let you ladies know how it worked out
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by sjoyreed 6th October 2010, 1:38 pm

I didn't like it. It really didn't detangle my hair any more than any other conditioner... Left my hair dull as well.
sjoyreed
sjoyreed

Back to top Go down

Post by purplec18 6th October 2010, 8:28 pm

did u use the shampoo with it?, did you try mixing it will oils and was your hair deep conditioned before you applied it...?
purplec18
purplec18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down