CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream

+11
FloridaSunshiny
Fleur
ChrsLvsBks
TwistedKurlzz
freckledmom4
BajanPrincess82
mahoganytresses
FalconTress
curlyscot
AimWard
jlowman1
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream - Page 2 Empty Re: Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream

Post by Emartini04 11th October 2010, 6:34 pm

Wow thanks for the reviews ladies. I wanted to try this stuff but for 34 bucks I was a bit skeptical.
Emartini04
Emartini04

Back to top Go down

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream - Page 2 Empty Re: Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream

Post by NubieNatty 17th October 2010, 4:27 am

im lookin fwd to more reviews too! i havent tried anything from her line and umm...i cant dish out $35 No hopefully she'll put some samples in the sample packs or something!
NubieNatty
NubieNatty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 17th October 2010, 11:36 am

She does give a sample of the cream if you order something from her line.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th October 2010, 1:13 am

TwistedKurlzz wrote:Ladies, ladies ladies Sad

I am very disappointed in the curl defining cream. It has a thick consistency and it just felt like I was putting lotion in my hair. After I shampooed and conditioned my hair, I used Jane Carter's Leave in spray. I then sectioned my hair and applied the curl defining cream. The smell of this product was a little too much for me. It has a strong smell to it and I really don't like it. When you apply it, it will be white, but when it dries, it does dry clear. It defined my curls, but it just made my hair feel kind of like wheat afterward. It does define your curls when you finger comb it through, but I still had the same amount of shrinkage as I did if I was to apply kccc or eco styler.

I am also disappointed because in the description it says that you will have soft and bouncy curls, but it was the opposite for me. My hair had this rough feeling to it and I had to wake up this morning and shampoo it out of my hair. $34.00 Is a lot to be spending on a product like this that didn't do what it was suppose to do. I will not be purchasing this product again.

I know that everyone's hair is different and it may work for someone else, but I am choosing not to use it again. I will just stick to using the conditioner only method with my faithful deva one c or my honey hemp conditioner. If anyone else tries it, please let us know how it worked out for you.

I TOTALLY AGREE! My results were JUST like yours. I got the same results you did. Rough and shrunken hair. My hair literally felt like straw. It was terrible!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 18th October 2010, 1:43 am

I never used it again! I mixed too many products to get the look I wanted. Again, it has the same ingredients as a body lotion. That product is going on my knees and elbows from this day forth.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 18th October 2010, 2:24 pm

@fleur_nouvelle I really didn't like the smell of it too much. It is crazy how you had to mix so many different things just to get the results that you wanted. This will definitely go in my product graveyard.

@jlowman1 I guess I wasn't the only one that this happened to. I don't even know what I am going to do with the rest of this stuff. Maybe I will put it in the product swap or something. Maybe it will work for someone else with a different texture of hair.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 18th October 2010, 6:08 pm

This will definitely go in my product graveyard.

I hope all of you will tell JC about your experience and give her an opportunity to address the problem. $34 is a lot to spend on something that doesn't deliver.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 18th October 2010, 6:24 pm

FalconTress wrote:This will definitely go in my product graveyard.

I hope all of you will tell JC about your experience and give her an opportunity to address the problem. $34 is a lot to spend on something that doesn't deliver.

I just submitted an email to customer service saying how disappointed I was with it. I also inquired if there is another way to use this product that may yield better results. I just hate I wasted my money in the first place, it sucks.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 18th October 2010, 8:31 pm

I know what you mean. I am very disappointed also. I am hurt that I spent $34.00 on something that doesn't even work a little bit. No
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 23rd October 2010, 10:54 am

OK, Ladies, I finally had a chance to use it. And, I think I'm the only one on this thread who likes it. LOL.

Have any of you "shingled" using MJ Curly Meringue or Curly Pudding? It's EXACTLY the same.

I followed the shingling directions that are on the MJ's site and my hair turned out beautiful (I am biased because I am so in love my hair lol). For me to get the look I wanted, I used A LOT of heat. After washing and deep conditioning (I used a steamer), I applied the curl defining cream and sat under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes. Then I diffused for about 5 minutes to dry my roots. After that, I changed the nozzle attachment on the hand dryer and pulled my hair out and ran the dryer over the length of the hair. I ended up with defined, lengthened, full curls that weren't crunchy.

From start to finish, it took a bit more than an hour, which is the fastest I've even done my hair. And, I only used four products: Shampoo, Condish, JC leave-in condish and JC Curly Defining Cream. The simplicity and the speed of using the product makes this a keeper for me. It's a faster alternative to twist outs and I do can it a few times per week and not be a slave to my hair.

That's my two cents.
FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 23rd October 2010, 11:30 am

@FloridaSunshiny

I'm glad you like it.
I can't speak for anyone else but the photos and text on the JCS website left me with the impression that you could just wash and go.

"Curl Defining Cream washes and dries clean without leaving any film, offering the true luxury of “wash and wear” hair!"

The process you described ,while fast compared to your twist out, is not what I would call wash and wear. I would expect to be able to finish styling in less than an hour and use the product without heat.

I would like to see pictures of your hair!

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarletjazz 26th October 2010, 6:12 pm

fleur_nouvelle wrote:OOOOOKKK, this product is craptacular by itself; however, when I prepped my hair Beautiful Curls Leave-In, ORS, EVOO, and then used a combination of JC and ECO-styler, I was amazed at the results. l can not even put into words how soft and bouncy my hair became. I've always looked for a product that would create frizz-free, defined curls with complete softness, and I finally found it with this combination. There is not 1 crunchy curl anywhere.

Final Verdict: the product is garbage by itself. It does do what it says in providing softness, though. It's one of those products that you can mix with something else (not KCCC), to get soft, manageable hair.

Hey Fleur, so this is a product called Beautiful Curls Leave in? What is ORS?
Scarletjazz
Scarletjazz

Back to top Go down

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream - Page 2 Empty I like it!

Post by lillygirl17 27th January 2011, 1:54 am

Hello ladies,
I NEVER say anything about products on these sites but I did want to let you all know that I do love the Jane Carter Curl defining cream! I have 4a/b hair and it works great for me! I love you bounce

lillygirl17

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 27th January 2011, 2:14 am

Scarlet, I apologize because I never saw your post addressed to me.
Yes, I used the Beautiful Curls Leave-In for my wash-n-go. Also, ORS is Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2