CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream

+11
FloridaSunshiny
Fleur
ChrsLvsBks
TwistedKurlzz
freckledmom4
BajanPrincess82
mahoganytresses
FalconTress
curlyscot
AimWard
jlowman1
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream Empty Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream

Post by jlowman1 28th September 2010, 6:48 pm

Just curious to know if anyone has tried Jane Carter Solutions newest product called Curl Defining Cream? I haven't tried a new product in a while and I'm curious about this one. I do a lot of wash and gos so I think this would be perfect for that.

Here's the description from the website:

Eliminate curl shrinkage! Curl Defining Cream is light-weight, all natural product formulated to lengthen and define your natural curl pattern while drying to a soft, shiny, bouncy finish.

Water soluble, Curl Defining Cream washes and dries clean without leaving any film, offering the true luxury of “wash and wear” hair!

If you've tried it, what have your experiences been with it so far?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream Empty Re: Jane Carter's Curl Defining Cream

Post by AimWard 28th September 2010, 8:11 pm

And does anyone have the ingredients?
AimWard
AimWard

Back to top Go down

Post by curlyscot 28th September 2010, 9:21 pm

I could not find the ingredients on the site so I got on a live chat with a customer service agent. I asked her about the ingredient list and she said it is not available yet. Guess I'll wait to try it.
curlyscot
curlyscot

http://basicwoman.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 28th September 2010, 10:38 pm

My PJism just took over and I ordered it! lol

I'll definitely report back with a review and ingredients when I get it.
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 29th September 2010, 12:04 am

I want that!
When I checked the site it had sold out and they were not taking orders.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by mahoganytresses 29th September 2010, 12:49 am

Ohh wee! I really want to try this! I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything else until I bc. It's a shame how many products I have right now that I can't even use. smh.
mahoganytresses
mahoganytresses

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th September 2010, 12:59 am

FalconTress wrote:I want that!
When I checked the site it had sold out and they were not taking orders.

I was on there when it first came out a couple weeks ago and it was sold out but when I checked today it was back in stock so I went ahead and ordered it. I didn't wanna miss out on it again.

mahoganytresses wrote:Ohh wee! I really want to try this! I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anything else until I bc. It's a shame how many products I have right now that I can't even use. smh.

In the words of Michael Jackson (RIP) "You Are Not Alone" lmao...After this $35 splurge on one product, I'll probably put myself on probation again for a couple months! lol!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th September 2010, 1:01 am

IMPORTANT INFO: If you ladies decide to order the Curl Defining Cream from the Jane Carter site, you can use the coupon code: 5offCDC to get $5 off your order!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 29th September 2010, 11:25 am

I wonder how something can be light weight, yet eliminate shrinkage. My hair usually laughs at lightweight products!

I'm eager to see how your hair turns out when you use it.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by freckledmom4 29th September 2010, 11:30 am

Yeah J-low, you definitely have to let us know how this works.
freckledmom4
freckledmom4

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th September 2010, 11:43 am

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I wonder how something can be light weight, yet eliminate shrinkage. My hair usually laughs at lightweight products!

I'm eager to see how your hair turns out when you use it.

freckledmom4 wrote:Yeah J-low, you definitely have to let us know how this works.

You know what, I didn't even think about that when I read it. I'm envisioning it being similar to Bee Mine's Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer but a little lighter. I will definitely report back with my experience.

jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 29th September 2010, 3:30 pm

Hi ladies,

I received this product yesterday, but I haven't used it yet. I plan to use it by the weekend.

Here are the ingredients:

Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

http://public.fotki.com/angel1907

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrsLvsBks 29th September 2010, 5:26 pm

TwistedKurlzz wrote:Hi ladies,

I received this product yesterday, but I haven't used it yet. I plan to use it by the weekend.

Purified water, Extracts of Anthemis Noblis Flower (Camomile), Symphytum Officinal Leaf (Comfrey), Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail), Urtica Dioca (Nettle), Rosemarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) of Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba), Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Natural Vitamin E, Glycerin, Propanediol, Poly-quaternium-200, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth 20, Phen-oxyethanol, Caprylyl, Glycol, Sorbic Acid, Fragrance.
Sounds like herb infused water with jojoba & avocado oils, vitamin E and glycerin.

Ladies, hops are the hairs on the outside of a botanical species. Therefore, I believe this product, has the shea butter hops infused into the water. You could likely make your own using shea oil in conjunction with jojoba and avocado oils.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 29th September 2010, 5:29 pm

TwistedKurlzz wrote:Hi ladies,

Interesting list of ingredients... Lets us know how it works for you!
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 29th September 2010, 6:51 pm

I will let you all know how it goes.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 2nd October 2010, 9:40 pm

Ladies, ladies ladies Sad

I am very disappointed in the curl defining cream. It has a thick consistency and it just felt like I was putting lotion in my hair. After I shampooed and conditioned my hair, I used Jane Carter's Leave in spray. I then sectioned my hair and applied the curl defining cream. The smell of this product was a little too much for me. It has a strong smell to it and I really don't like it. When you apply it, it will be white, but when it dries, it does dry clear. It defined my curls, but it just made my hair feel kind of like wheat afterward. It does define your curls when you finger comb it through, but I still had the same amount of shrinkage as I did if I was to apply kccc or eco styler.

I am also disappointed because in the description it says that you will have soft and bouncy curls, but it was the opposite for me. My hair had this rough feeling to it and I had to wake up this morning and shampoo it out of my hair. $34.00 Is a lot to be spending on a product like this that didn't do what it was suppose to do. I will not be purchasing this product again.

I know that everyone's hair is different and it may work for someone else, but I am choosing not to use it again. I will just stick to using the conditioner only method with my faithful deva one c or my honey hemp conditioner. If anyone else tries it, please let us know how it worked out for you.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 3rd October 2010, 2:40 am

Aww, Im sorry you had such a bad experience. What product would you compare the consistency too? From the way you described it, I'm thinking like Bee Mine's Curly Butter or Afroveda's Curl Define... Something pudding like?
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 3rd October 2010, 6:20 pm

Yeah it has a pudding consistency something like Miss Jessie's baby butter cream but maybe just a little bit lighter.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 8th October 2010, 10:57 pm

OOOOOKKK, this product is craptacular by itself; however, when I prepped my hair Beautiful Curls Leave-In, ORS, EVOO, and then used a combination of JC and ECO-styler, I was amazed at the results. l can not even put into words how soft and bouncy my hair became. I've always looked for a product that would create frizz-free, defined curls with complete softness, and I finally found it with this combination. There is not 1 crunchy curl anywhere.

Final Verdict: the product is garbage by itself. It does do what it says in providing softness, though. It's one of those products that you can mix with something else (not KCCC), to get soft, manageable hair.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by FalconTress 8th October 2010, 11:37 pm

@fleur_nouvelle
Way to go, taking a lemon and making lemonade!
At $34 plus shipping, I just want to open the jar and slap it on.

FalconTress

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 9th October 2010, 12:03 am

Girl I know that's right. All that money for the product and I'm still mixing more than Spinderella.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by jlowman1 9th October 2010, 12:55 am

I'm not looking forward to that mixing. Mine has been delivered but I wont be able to get to it until I go home next weekend. I hope I get somewhat decent results. Its not looking good from the reviews though. No
jlowman1
jlowman1

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleur 9th October 2010, 2:09 am

LOL. When I was putting in this product I kept thinking that is looked and felt like body or hand lotion. I grabbed my Nivea and Olay Body Quench lotion and there are similar-type ingredients in JC and the lotions: cetereath, caprylyl, glycol, shea butter, phen-oxyethanol, jojoba, etc. Some of the spellings are longer/shorter (adding numbers or something). For example the ingredient in JC is ceteareth 20 and the ingredient is Olay Lotion is cetearyl. The biggest difference is that JC has more plant extracts. I bet if I grab my Aveeno then it would really be crazy. Maybe all these products need these ingredients in order to have that lotion-look. I don't know. I thought it was funny.
Fleur
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by TwistedKurlzz 9th October 2010, 2:56 pm

Maybe I should try to mix mine with something else the next time, because using it alone on top of JC leave in conditioner just was not working for me.
TwistedKurlzz
TwistedKurlzz

Back to top Go down

Post by FloridaSunshiny 9th October 2010, 9:01 pm

Oh my. That's a lot of mixing your did Fleur. I just received my order in the mail and can't get to it until the end of the month (lots of traveling coming up). But, I'm usually able to use the Leave-in and the Twist 'n Lock and have soft, moisturized hair. So, I really hope I don't have to become Spinderella! lol.

I'll report back in a couple of week after I've had a chance to use it. Oh, I wish I could use it now, but I've already put my hair into a protective style for my travels.

FloridaSunshiny
FloridaSunshiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next