CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hardly any growth

+2
Ashespeak22
BlakButterfli
6 posters

Go down

hardly any growth Empty hardly any growth

Post by Guest 27th September 2010, 4:47 pm

i had posted something about my hair growth. I don't think ne one responded though and I need help b/c it seems asthough my hair has stopp'd growing and I BC'd in July close to the end and it's not about to be October and my hair is probably not even an inch or at the most an inch b/c my hair is naturally curly and wavy and I have a twa right now. I'm not able to really do ne thing right now 2 my hair besides throw some Eco Styler Olive Gel if I want. I have stopped washing my hair every week and now I just condition my hair when I feel the need to. I recently purchased hello hydration moisturizing conditioner b/c my hair b hella dry and frizzy. Also, for the fall/winter I will be doing the weave and wig thing b/c I am not happy w/ my hair growth and I don't really like the length of it. Anybody have ne feed back?

Back to top Go down

hardly any growth Empty Re: hardly any growth

Post by BlakButterfli 27th September 2010, 5:15 pm

Indidiiamond - girl, your name is too long!! Very Happy

Anyways, othe than Eco-Styler gel, what are you using on your hair? I'm pretty sure most ladies on here will need to tell you that you need a routine. However, my hair grows extremely slow (I've been natural almost 3 years and have, at most, 6 inches of hair) so I understand your frustration.

How was your hair's health before you went natural? Was it thick, long, short, etc....
BlakButterfli
BlakButterfli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashespeak22 28th September 2010, 5:18 pm

What are you using on your hair to keep it moisturized? Although Eco-Styler doesn't cause as much damage on your hair as other gels, you have to use other things to nourish your hair. Are you taking vitamins? Try increasing your water intake. ^_^ as I was reminded...ot takes time to grow.
Ashespeak22
Ashespeak22

http://Strawberrypoptartkisses.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lumii 29th September 2010, 3:53 pm

It could also be that your hair is in it's resting phase or something..
All I can advice you is to keep your hair moisturized, follow a certain regimen and you should get some growth! My hair also grows soooo slowly and you can hardly see any difference. If not for my measurements, I'd believe that my hair hasn't grown in the past 6 months.
Maybe you just have to give your hair some time.. Wink
lumii
lumii

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th September 2010, 5:49 pm

I juss condition my hair when i feel the need to with Hello Hydration and lately I have been wearing a wig b/c it seemed like when I wore those b4 my hair grew more and btw this isn't my first bc but the first time I didn't stay natural. This is the 1st time I've did the b/c and actually stopp'd relaxing. Been w/o a relaxer now since mid/end July this year. I think I was doing too much to my hair at one point so now I just condition when I feel the need and thas about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ultinaturaldiva 30th September 2010, 1:54 pm

Everyone has been on track so far with their advice and suggestions.

My hair type is on the coarser end of the hair type spectrum. They need to create a 4c category because my hair is mostly that texture in the middle and sides, with 4b in front and 4a at the back.

During my transition, my hair was extremly dry until I started rinsing/co washing it every other day. I also would leave a little conditioner in my hair, apply a liquid leave in and then seal with whatever oil I had handy. I would deep condition with heat every other week as well. I also wore a wig and twisted my hair as protective measure. This strategy saved me from returning to 'the jar'! woot! I continue to do this core routine, with the addition of heavy protein. My hair thrives on protein, although some people experience breakage and shedding with too much of it.

My hair grows slowly and I don't believe the growth pace or growth pattern has changed. So finally, patience is truly a virtue, and even more so in 'growing natural'. Try to focus on the health and strength of your hair, and I suspect that you will observe growth as a result, just as I and many others have. afro

ultinaturaldiva

Back to top Go down

Post by knatural 1st October 2010, 7:02 pm

I felt the same way when I BC'd in April 2009. I thought my hair was growing slow too until I started taking pictures of my hair. I had more growth than I thought. Sometimes it's hard to see growth when you have a lot of shrinkage. Be patient and your hair will long before you know it! A good routine and a good product regimen will help!
knatural
knatural

http://knaturalandknit.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2nd October 2010, 2:22 pm

THANKZ SO MUCH PPL Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by tmorgan 12th October 2010, 7:18 pm

I really feel like my hair grew longer when I was pressing it every 3 weeks or so. I have only straightened my hair 2 times a year since being natural and it seems like each time it gets shorter Sad This is mostly due to the fact that the person who straightens it tells me my ends are really bad. I don't know what to do, it is very frustrating to not see any growth.
tmorgan
tmorgan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down