CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single

+13
Karyn
DvaAuNaturel
BajanPrincess82
DreamMerchant
Niqui36
CocaColaCutie
iculukin
natural83
PaganWifey
PanaR3dd
tiashaunteé
Pi*Jay
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single Empty Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single

Post by Pi*Jay 9th September 2010, 8:04 pm

Umm... has anyone heard Miss Willow Smith's new single? With all the mess that goes on in hollywood, I've tended to ignore the hype when it comes to celeb families and their pasttimes... and I mean, she has definitely been making headlines for her style and audacity, but now it turns out she has some talent to back it up...

Like OMG! Who knew?
Pi*Jay
Pi*Jay

Back to top Go down

Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single Empty Re: Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single

Post by tiashaunteé 9th September 2010, 9:08 pm

I like it! I was shocked to, I thought it was going to be another autotuned nonsense type song. Good job Willow!
I'm tired of ppl talking about this little girls hair- and grown women at that. Her hair and style fits her lifestyle and if she likes it, it's cool with me.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single Empty Re: Little Miss Willow Smith's New Single

Post by PanaR3dd 9th September 2010, 11:01 pm

yes im really feeling this song..its so catchy..she has some talent..pretty good for a 9yr old lol
PanaR3dd
PanaR3dd

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 10th September 2010, 1:22 am

White folks have been letting their kids do alternative styles with their hair for years. It's nothing new. Just because we're sick of looking at it on Rihanna's head doesn't mean there's a need to talk about a child.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by natural83 10th September 2010, 2:33 am

I thought it was just me, but oh yes...Im totally feeling this lil song! LOL! The first time I listened to it, I couldn't get it out of my head...I was walking around all day singing "I whip my hair back & forth, I whip my hair back & forth!" LOL! I think the song definitely fits her style and personality! I love Will & Jada and I must give them their props...they are keeping their kids in the spotlight and both are mega stars in the making! And by the way, I read an article today where Jay Z signed Willow Smith to Roc Nation! <= Wowzer!!! So Im sure she will definitely be in the spotlight more now! She reminds me of a little Rhianna in the making! LOL! But here is the article:

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/1F5Yae/www.essence.com/entertainment/hot_topics/willow_smith_signs_record_deal_with_jay-z.php/r:t
natural83
natural83

Back to top Go down

Post by iculukin 10th September 2010, 9:45 am

I love her hair cut... I don't know why people get their panties in a bunch because she cut her hair... can we just support her for doing something good and not try and crucify her being nine and making a statement....truth be told I rather see a shaved Mohawk on a nine year old then some of these grown behind people... that's just how I feel.
iculukin
iculukin

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 10th September 2010, 11:11 am

I love this little song! And I think she looks cute with the shaved look.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 10th September 2010, 1:04 pm

I just listened to the song this morning and I thought it was really cute. Go Willow! Go Willow! Very Happy
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 10th September 2010, 10:34 pm

I totally support the little girl. People have said so many hateful things about this little 9 year old girl. I think people forget that she IS a CHILD. It does not matter if she is out there for critique or not. I think she has a great voice for being 9 years old. She is cute as a button too! She looks more like Will and Jada than Will and Jada look like Will and Jada! lol. One site I was on was talking about how big her ears are and how much they stick out. That is so rude and heartless. GO WILLOW GO!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 11th September 2010, 12:58 am

I don't agree with just letting your child's hair look any kind of way. I guess when you have money anything goes, but not in my house (no kids yet, but I'm just sayin)! Would any of you allow your daughter to shave off 1/2 of her hair or rock a mohawk?
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by DvaAuNaturel 11th September 2010, 4:27 pm

Cute song. Is that her actually singing? She sounds so mature and just like a little Rhianna IMO. Wow!

People were actually talking about this child and her hairstyle. I must've missed that. How "adult"?
DvaAuNaturel
DvaAuNaturel

Back to top Go down

Post by Karyn 11th September 2010, 7:15 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I don't agree with just letting your child's hair look any kind of way. I guess when you have money anything goes, but not in my house (no kids yet, but I'm just sayin)! Would any of you allow your daughter to shave off 1/2 of her hair or rock a mohawk?

i definitely would! lol. but i don't have kids yet either haha. i dunno bout those outfits though. they aren't even cute Neutral

anyways, missp on youtube did a willow vs rihanna type of thing cause they both came out with songs like a day apart and i agree with her that willow killed rihanna lol
Karyn
Karyn

Back to top Go down

Post by DreamMerchant 11th September 2010, 10:40 pm

It is just hair. It will grow back. She could have a tattoo across her face. I would rather her hair be half shaved than her have too tight micro braids that are tearing her edges up. If my daughter wanted to shave her head then so be it. I would have to tame the clothes a bit but she is still cute as a button!
DreamMerchant
DreamMerchant

http://public.fotki.com/DreamMerchant/

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 12th September 2010, 5:14 pm

BajanPrincess82 wrote:I don't agree with just letting your child's hair look any kind of way. I guess when you have money anything goes, but not in my house (no kids yet, but I'm just sayin)! Would any of you allow your daughter to shave off 1/2 of her hair or rock a mohawk?

Yes. My reasons:
1. It's hair it will grow back
2. She is a child, not an adult trying to get a job. When you are young, that is the perfect time to "experiment"
3. The more you restrict a child, the more likely they are to rebel when they get older.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 12th September 2010, 9:35 pm

I guess I'm just old school!
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by Niqui36 12th September 2010, 10:01 pm

I don't think I would allow my 9 year old to shave her head. I do believe in allowing children to express themselves but IDK I think that's taking it too far. However I don't think its bad parenting or anything for someone else to allow their child to do it and I definately would not talk about the child. There is more than one right way to raise a child and I don't think my way is the only right way. I respect other parents decisions. I actually think Willow's haircut is cute on her.
Niqui36
Niqui36

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 13th September 2010, 3:37 am

Absolutely. Kids are so CUTE with mohawks. MUCH cuter than some of the grown men that wear them.

Karyn wrote:

i definitely would! lol. but i don't have kids yet either haha. i dunno bout those outfits though. they aren't even cute Neutral

anyways, missp on youtube did a willow vs rihanna type of thing cause they both came out with songs like a day apart and i agree with her that willow killed rihanna lol

Rihanna's sound has changed a LOT and...it's just not good anymore. Even her faster records are so full of pain and if you listen to the lyrics...it's horrid. She needs help. She never took any time off and I really think she's headed for a Britney-style meltdown.

DreamMerchant wrote:It is just hair. It will grow back. She could have a tattoo across her face. I would rather her hair be half shaved than her have too tight micro braids that are tearing her edges up. If my daughter wanted to shave her head then so be it. I would have to tame the clothes a bit but she is still cute as a button!

Danger anyone?

Hair can't be provocative and it grows back. For those reasons, I'm all for whatever with the hair. If my future children have blond hair I'll dye it pink/blue/purple/green or whatever if that's what they want. (Those bright color dyes tend to be ammonia and peroxide free which is why you would normally have to bleach first. It's just pigment so it's safe to put on a child's head.)
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th September 2010, 10:18 am

I'm looking at it this way...when I was a child my mother made me wear frumpy boring clothes. As soon as I got to college I had skin showing and tight dresses. Thank God it stopped there. I don't want my child to rebel and get into trouble because I was an overprotective mother and kept them restricted. I mean....what if they turn into Lady Gaga all because I wouldn't allow them to wear the cool hair. Mad

My children will have boundaries but I want to at least think about letting them do anything they that will not bring them harm. I don't want to immediately say no to anything without giving it some thought. We did things in our youth that were "cool" but hated by our parents. Each generation goes through it.

This post has been great because it encouraged me and my hubby to talk about raising our future children. He agreed that we should allow our children to be expressive but within certain boundaries. We would rather our daughter want to shave her head versus mimic Nicki Minaj
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by * 13th September 2010, 10:39 am

@DreamMerchant and Tiashauntee, I agree 100%. People seem to forget that these children are not your average children. These are Celeb kids and they are in the entertainment business, so I expect a little bit more from them simply because of who their parents are. If they would look like anyone else, they would be just ORDINARY. I feel if people take that negative energy and focus on their children or themselves i guess it wouldn't even matter. I would rather see her rock a mohawk then to hear that she did something negative. So yes, it's just hair and it does grow back

Back to top Go down

Post by BajanPrincess82 13th September 2010, 10:51 am

I just think its a little too much for a 9 year old. What happens when the child becomes a teenager? Will she then be allowed to walk around dressed like Nikki Minage or Rihanna just because she wants to? I feel that as a parent you should think about what message you are sending your children when you let them dress exactly how they want to. I agree with giving them some freedom of choice, but you have to set boundaries. And I do realize that Willow is a celebrity kid and not just the average 9 year old child, so I do understand why they allow her to look that way.
BajanPrincess82
BajanPrincess82

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th September 2010, 11:12 am

Nope, dressing like Nicki Minaj is harmful and demeaning so that would be totally different. That is where those boundaries come in, they must know where the line will be drawn. In my neighborhood I hear the little elementary school-age children cussing like adults. I would be more concerned about that than I would about a hairstyle. My husband and I will have to distinguish what we consider to be a high priority issue. Sex, cussing, bad grades - high priority. Doing what is the current trend - not so much, unless it is harmful.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by CocaColaCutie 13th September 2010, 11:24 am

I would worry about my child looking age appropriate more so than whether she's following a trend or not. She can be creative in her dress, but she need to still look 9.
CocaColaCutie
CocaColaCutie

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th September 2010, 11:36 am

okay so I have a new question, espcially for those that are already parents. What do you do or say when your child rebels?

A lot of where I am coming from is the result of seeing real-life rebellion among ppl I grew up with over the years. I feel bad for them and I wonder if their parents would have let them attend sleepovers, or go to the prom, or get the new cross color shirt (LOL) would things have turned out differently?

Also, the values that you instill in your child when they are young will have an impact on the decisions that they make as they grow. So if your values are the opposite of Will and Jada then you won't even have to worry about your child wanting to be different or extreme.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by PaganWifey 13th September 2010, 11:59 am

TiaShauntee get out of my head!!!

I just want to give my children the room to express themselves and experiment in a safe environment. Better for them to make mistakes at home where you can guide them towards the better choice and support them after they fail than for them to make mistakes out there in the world.
PaganWifey
PaganWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 13th September 2010, 1:11 pm

PaganWifey wrote:TiaShauntee get out of my head!!!

I just want to give my children the room to express themselves and experiment in a safe environment. Better for them to make mistakes at home where you can guide them towards the better choice and support them after they fail than for them to make mistakes out there in the world.

LOL! Freaky isn't it? Now I'm singing Prince ♫She's always in my head, my head....
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next