CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Single HUGE Zit

+4
krenea
dajewel
nmoultry
*CurlyNikki*
8 posters

Go down

Single HUGE Zit Empty Single HUGE Zit

Post by *CurlyNikki* 5th November 2009, 11:34 am

Back in the day I used to get a solitary HUGE pimple right in the center of my chin whenever dear Aunt Flow came for a visit.

It's been a year since the last one, but now one has developed out of nowhere...I always thought it was related to my menstrual, but not this time. I guess it could still be hormonal. It's not your everyday, run of the mill pimple. It's friggin' huge, painful, and takes weeks to fully heal. It also takes a long time (if ever) to come to a head. I think they're called cystic?

Differin gel applied directly over the developing monster helps sometimes, but I ran out. Any tips on how to treat this sucker?
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Single HUGE Zit Empty Re: Single HUGE Zit

Post by nmoultry 5th November 2009, 11:41 am

I usually get a GINORMOUS one in the center of my forehead and I swear it came with bling because it was soooooo shiny no matter what. I would just try my best not to touch it or bring attention to it. I would also wet a bath cloth using hot water as hot as I could stand it and dab away. Honestly when I said forget it and ignored it, it would disappear

nmoultry

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 5th November 2009, 4:13 pm

how about drying out the zit with toothpaste, a dab of tea tree oil, aloe gel or clay(the same benzonite clay used in hair or the proactiv clay)?
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by krenea 5th November 2009, 5:36 pm

I just made a huge zit on my jaw disappear in three days by putting some bentonite clay on it. YES!
krenea
krenea

Back to top Go down

Post by *CurlyNikki* 5th November 2009, 6:03 pm

Good recs'! Now, which one should I try? Last time, I tried multiple treatments and ended up with a dark spot that didn't fade for like 5 months! I've got some bentonite under the sink...i think I'll try that.
*CurlyNikki*
*CurlyNikki*
Admin

http://www.curlynikki.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dajewel 5th November 2009, 8:57 pm

to fade the dark spot that will be left after the pimple leaves is to use a lightning creme (ambi, proactiv, etc) on the area AS SOON as you see the pimple forming. that way, it will clear up in three to four weeks.
dajewel
dajewel

Back to top Go down

Post by tiashaunteé 5th November 2009, 9:38 pm

I have used ice and that seem to help shrink those suckers. Then there is this generic stuff (starts with a Benzo.. and in a small white bottle) I got from Walmart that I use on DH, gets rid of them overnight. I haven't had a pimple in yrs (knock on wood) and I don't miss them. I remember how those used to feel.
tiashaunteé
tiashaunteé

http://tiashauntee.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MsIconic 10th November 2009, 10:42 pm

i have one right now... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
it hurts. it's worse around the beginning of my period though. usually my period announces itself bcuz i have the tendency to have perfectly symmetrical breakouts. if i get one on one cheek, you best believe there'll be one in the same exact spot on the other cheek. (sad face) [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
MsIconic
MsIconic

http://www.almostsimple.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hemegirl 15th November 2009, 2:49 am

Hey Nikki,

Hopefully by the time you are reading this your zit will be gone! I also have that problem every once in a while, and the full proof solution is to go to the dermatologist and get a cortisone shot (in the pimple). The cortisone will decrease the inflammation and flatten out the pimple in no time. I know it seems extreme, but usually pimples like that don't go away for about 3-4 weeks!! When you call your derm, tell the receptionist what you need and you usually can get in quickly (cause it's not like a full appointment). Also, warm compresses help until you can get in to see the doc. Last thing, and most importantly, always use sunscreen which will prevent the dark spot from getting darker. Hope this helps!!

hemegirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Monnie 2nd January 2010, 12:47 pm

I am definitely a fan of the cortison injections also. Gets those suckers gone way faster than normal.
Monnie
Monnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down