CurlyNikki Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do?

+2
ChrsLvsBks
premium_black
6 posters

Go down

One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do? Empty One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do?

Post by premium_black 1st September 2010, 2:16 am

My hair is a 4b in the front, 4a in the middle, and a 3b in the back. My afro looks like a triangle so I no longer wear it this way.

I've tried twist outs but after a long day the 4a/4b will shrink and the 3b just hangs. What are my options for wearing my hair down and what products should I use? My 3b hair is down to my armpit and my 4b hair (the very front) is down to my upper lip (I think it would be down to my chin if it were straight).

Please help!

premium_black

Back to top Go down

One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do? Empty Re: One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do?

Post by ChrsLvsBks 1st September 2010, 10:30 am

Do not despair, many curlies have a number of textures. I personally can relate since my hair has at least three textures. It can be discouraging. Since the front of your hair has no curl pattern, you could twist or braid it to help it appear more like the 4a middle. I’d suggest thicker products to weigh the curls down. With 3B hair being very loose & wavy, you can twist or braid it also to match your 4a corkscrews. I suggest a lighter moisturizer. For the 4a, since there is a definite and obvious curl pattern, leave it be, and simply add moisturizer. (Don’t forget to seal in moisture with oil.)

I’m thinking updos may be better suited for your hair do to the various textures and lengths.
ChrsLvsBks
ChrsLvsBks

http://myhairmyway.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do? Empty Re: One head of hair. THREE different textures. What to do?

Post by premium_black 5th September 2010, 2:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I actually never thought of that. I bought a lighter moisturizer for the back of my hair and I'll definitely follow your suggestions for the front. Thanks again!

premium_black

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquility 17th September 2010, 4:54 pm

I, too, have three textures in my hair. Unfortunately, I am still transitioning and do not yet know how to categorize each type. But, the right side is wavier, the back left is straight, and the front left is course! Go figure!

I have recently tried twist outs, but it only seems to last one day. The next day is it totally flat! Any suggestions?
Tranquility
Tranquility

Back to top Go down

Post by QueenSheba 13th October 2010, 2:26 pm

same here. i have wavey hair curly hair in the front, wavey and no curl in the middle, and corkscrew curls in the back. i didnt know what was going on with my head. now i dont feel so bad. this will help me alot. Thanx!!!
QueenSheba
QueenSheba

Back to top Go down

Post by SummerSkye 7th November 2010, 3:05 pm

Hello! My hair that has the least amount of curl pattern (and finer in texture) has to be re twisted or rebraided more often than my curlier hair. Also, when doing a twistout or a braidout, I put more twists or braids in the front of my head that has less curl. This helps that section of hair to get a more defined look. It doesn't take as many twists or braids in the back and sides of my head.
SummerSkye
SummerSkye

http://plumspectacles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChakaKhanian 21st December 2010, 7:52 pm

Just three different textures? I have you beat...I have 5 different textures on one big ol' head Laughing One thing I had to learn was that my hair would never look uniform, especially in a wash and go, so I just had to accept it. My most sensitive section of hair is the crown. It gets frizzy, tangled and dry often and it has seen a ton of breakage in the past. Whenever I style, I have to be very gentle with it, making sure to concentrate on it a part from the other sections. The front of my hair lacks definition- it's just straight with a slight bend. The sides are curly, right above the front has a looser wave and the nape is tightly wavy.
ChakaKhanian
ChakaKhanian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down